[Guide] How to install Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on NetBook Toshiba NB200

NeOxXx85

60 posts in this topic

Hello NeOxXx85 ! Amazing tutorial got all working on my nb200 easily. But like the previous poster I want to know if there is something special to do to make the wifi card you suggested to work, I just bought one and will install it tomorrow.

Hello NeOxXx85 ! Amazing tutorial got all working on my nb200 easily. But like the previous poster I want to know if there is something special to do to make the wifi card you suggested to work, I just bought one and will install it tomorrow.

Quick update. I replaced the card and it all WORKED!!!! Awesome :D

Now waiting for better trackpad support, and sleep working :)

• 1 month later...

Been following procedures in both the original noxin/jstanks/M4K10 thread and this one, to get 10.6.2 working on my Toshiba NB205 . Thanks so much for the hard work, guys. But to this day, I still haven't been able to get SLEEP working on this netbook. Talk about frustrating!

The latest SleepEnabler.kext (SleepEnabler for Kernel 10.2.0 from Kexts.com) from the original thread doesn't help, noxin's "green" dsdt.aml file in /Extra doesn't do it, NADA.

This has me thinking to going back to Leopard 10.5.7 , all cuz SLEEP works and it's really useful for netbooks that are opened and closed continuously.

Has anyone had ANY luck with a sleep solution for this NB205 running SL 10.6. 2 ?

Augh... :)

great guide. was hoping with the toshiba pack i would get the drivers for the usb. lol. growing to love the waiting for root device. all thi in a mistake i installed the pack on iaktos 7 and it fixed the cpu on about this mac. it was reading 2.2ghz now is reading the proper 2.16

Besides the lack of sleep mode, i have some other minor problems:

camera does not work properly with Skype

i´m not sure mic is working either

sound output is very low

headphones do not work when inserted in the audio jack

Also, how about upgrading to the new 10.6.4...anyone thinking in that?

Now I'm on 10.6.3 and the computer works great.

Except for some problems like sleep and all of that stuff.

But I want to know if it's possible to make work the external VGA output.

headphones do not work when inserted in the audio jack

Headphones work, but you must change the Output in the Sound Preference Panel.

For the speaker you must have: Analog PCM #0: Master

For the Headphones Output you must have: Analog PCM #1: Master

Maybe I will update to the 10.6.4, If I do it, I tell you.

Greetings :censored2:

Now I'm on 10.6.3 and the computer works great.

Except for some problems like sleep and all of that stuff.

But I want to know if it's possible to make work the external VGA output.

Headphones work, but you must change the Output in the Sound Preference Panel.

For the speaker you must have: Analog PCM #0: Master

For the Headphones Output you must have: Analog PCM #1: Master

Maybe I will update to the 10.6.4, If I do it, I tell you.

Greetings :D

So, you guys are telling me i can just update to 10.6.3 normally?

What about the mic and the camera, any ideas?

So, you guys are telling me i can just update to 10.6.3 normally?

What about the mic and the camera, any ideas?

I recommend you to go to the support page of Apple and download the Combo Update of the version 10.6.3, that's it's the version that I installed.

Greetings :blink:

I recommend you to go to the support page of Apple and download the Combo Update of the version 10.6.3, that's it's the version that I installed.

Greetings :)

Thanks, will do...and please tell me if you update to 10.6.4 :(

Ok, solved the problem by repeating the instalation process...however, i did with 10.6.4 combo instead of 10.6.2 :D And it worked fine :) Also managed to repair my boot, so i still have the nb200 dualbooting osx and windows 7 :D

I think next time, after updating, i should do the mach kernel thing again, and repair permissions, thus avoiding having to install everything from scratch - what do you think guys?

I also don´t understand how some of you were able to update directly to 10.6.3 without doing anything special...

• 3 weeks later...

Well, looks like no one's been able to get SLEEP working on anything higher than 10.5.7 . I went thoroughly over the much older thread that discusses SL 10.6.2 on the NB205 and that still didn't enable SLEEP for me. And no one's had much luck on this thread either. Oh well, good luck y'all.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hask this, maby is not the right thread, i have a new toshiba satellite T210-10Z and i've tried to install the iatkos s3 and i'm a litle bit a nood on this, each time i chose the new options sometimes it start but slow and some times it doesn't start.

if some one can help me, because i've read almost everything but nothing.

Guys,

Need your help again: i just installed the latest "Graphics Update" for OSX. All went fine, but now i´m locked in 800*600 mode...anyone knows what i should do to get 1024*600 again?

Sorry for being such a n00b...i just had to patch VGA again for it to run in 1024*600 again :D

Sorry for being such a n00b...i just had to patch VGA again for it to run in 1024*600 again :(

It doesn't work.

I have a NB200 en after the installation of 30 minutes, he says the installation has failed and i need to reboot, but he doesn't reboot so i need te shut the netbook manually down and restart en than i just see a black screen with a with stripe flashing, that's all.

What do i need to do?

• 1 month later...

So, yesterday i installed the facetime beta for Osx...however, it seems it does not work properly on the nb200 (i have all updates mind you):

camera light is turned on

there no image on sreen

can´t acess facetime preferences (it´s not available to click)

what could be happening?

So, yesterday i installed the facetime beta for Osx...however, it seems it does not work properly on the nb200 (i have all updates mind you):

there no image on sreen

what could be happening?

this is how it works: start webcam in ichat first!

there no image on sreen

what could be happening?

this is how it works: start webcam in ichat first!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...