• Interests:ileopod.wordpress.com
Update:
found the problem :
forgot the ,
so its correct:
<string>pci10de,aa2</string>
now going to bulit revoboot.

@Blackosx:
Why does your script create for any change on source code a new folder instead of downloading only the last files?

flAked

flAked

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Wanted a fresh RevoBoot and get rid of the Chameleon efi-data, but still no luck with my GFX.

This is what I did, here is my in.plist:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
	<dict>
		<key>@0,compatible</key>
		<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
		<key>@0,device_type</key>
		<string>display</string>
		<key>@0,name</key>
		<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>
		<key>@1,compatible</key>
		<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
		<key>@1,device_type</key>
		<string>display</string>
		<key>@1,name</key>
		<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>
		<key>@2,#adress-cells</key>
		<string>0x01000000</string>
		<key>@2,#size-cells</key>
		<string>0x00000000</string>
		<key>@2,compatible</key>
		<string>NVDA,sensor-parent</string>
		<key>@2,device_type</key>
		<string>NVDA,gpu-diode</string>
		<key>@2,hwctrl-params-version</key>
		<string>0x02000000</string>
		<key>@2,hwsensor-params-version</key>
		<key>@2,name</key>
		<string>sensor-parent</string>
		<key>@2,reg</key>
		<key>NVCAP</key>
		<data>BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=</data>
		<key>NVPM</key>
		<data>AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==</data>
		<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>
		<data>AAAAIA==</data>
		<key>device_type</key>
		<string>NVDA,GeForce</string>
		<key>model</key>
		<string>NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250</string>
		<key>name</key>
		<string>NVDA,Parent</string>
		<key>rom-revision</key>
		<string>3172a</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>
I then issued gfxutil like so:
./gfxutil -i xml -o bin in.plist out.bin

And xxd:
xxd -i -c 8 out.bin |tail -n +2 |sed 'N;$!P;$!D;$d' | sed 's/$/ \\/' | sed '$s/.$//' > new_efi.data

I then copied the new efi data into efi/data.h but no luck. Where could be the culprit?

iLeopod

iLeopod

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Interests:ileopod.wordpress.com
Coud be pci address or bash script. Injecting with chameleon and dumping works for me.
I haven't tried your bash scripted yet. Maybe tomorrow i will look if they result of the files is the same.

Coud be pci address or bash script. Injecting with chameleon and dumping works for me.
I haven't tried your bash scripted yet. Maybe tomorrow i will look if they result of the files is the same.

flAked

flAked

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
I found out that Chameleons GraphicsEnabler creates quite a different definition for my card which works with the method described here (using gfxutil to convert the plist).

I took the opportunity and added the built-in attribute for ethernet, but it doesn't show in IOReg, can someone confirm please? mrmojo?

It seems that even on the MBP8 built-in shows 0 for the ethernet device, but IOBuiltin = Yes for the actual IOEthernetInterface.

mrmojorisin17

mrmojorisin17

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,942 posts

I took the opportunity and added the built-in attribute for ethernet, but it doesn't show in IOReg, can someone confirm please? mrmojo?

Confirm.
I also tried with one of the lastest Chameleon rev and this on my c.a.b.p.:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
Doesn't work.

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Confirm.
I also tried with one of the lastest Chameleon rev and this on my c.a.b.p.:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
Doesn't work.

I've had some problems with ethernet not showing as built-in also:

With my network card sitting under - Device (P0P9) I originally had this in my dsdt:

Device (P0P9)            {                Name (_ADR, 0x001C0005)                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)                {                    Return (GPRW (0x09, 0x04))                }                Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)                {                    If (PICM)                    {                        Return (AR09)                    }                    Return (PR09)                }            }            Device (LAN0)            {                Name (_ADR, Zero)                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                {                    Store (Package (0x08)                        {                            "location",                             Buffer (0x02)                            {                                "1"                            },                             "built-in",                             Buffer (0x02)                            {                                0x01                            },                             "device_type",                             Buffer (0x09)                            {                                "ethernet"                            },                             "name",                             Buffer (0x24)                            {                                "Realtek RTL8111/8168B PCI-E Gigabit"                            }                        }, Local0)                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                    Return (Local0)                }            }        }

In IORegExplorer his simply showed LAN0 as a device under PCI0 (not P0P9) and had no kext associated with it.
My actual ethernet device sat under P0P9 but with none of the edits I'd made to DSDT.

I'm now using the code bellow and en0 is shown now in ioreg under LAN0 and is shown as 'built-in'

Device (P0P9)            {              Name (_ADR, 0x001C0005)              Device (LAN0)              {                Name (_ADR, Zero)                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)                {                    Return (GPRW (0x09, 0x04))                }                Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)                {                    If (PICM)                    {                        Return (AR09)                    }                    Return (PR09)                  }	        }                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                {                    Store (Package (0x08)                        {                            "location",                             Buffer (0x02)                            {                                "1"                            },                             "built-in",                             Buffer (0x02)                            {                                0x01                            },                             "device_type",                             Buffer (0x09)                            {                                "ethernet"                            },                             "name",                             Buffer (0x24)                            {                                "Realtek RTL8111/8168B PCI-E Gigabit"                            }                        }, Local0)                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                    Return (Local0)                }            }        }

Attached File  Screen_shot_2011_06_16_at_15.06.04.png   70.93KB   44 downloads

Hope this helps

D

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,451 posts
:(
Hi FKA , please help me for software raid 0 , but to you working revoboot ?

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

;)
Hi FKA , please help me for software raid 0 , but to you working revoboot ?

Hi magnifico10

No I never got revoboot to fully work with either a single HDD or SW RAID0.
In fact I never got round to trying Dutch's suggestion from this post here. I was going to try again today but got caught up messing around with my NIC as I'm in the middle of setting up a VPN server using openvpn and VMware.

If you have a running revoboot then you can setup your SW RAID by following/ adapting Nathan7's guide here.

Cheers
D

mrmojorisin17

mrmojorisin17

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,942 posts

Hope this helps

I made the test just to confirm the one made by flAked.
Indeed I don't use LAN because my router is far from my PC.
With my old hack (P5QD Turbo) I also tried to use a method like yours in DSDT but my LAN was seen like en1 and my WLAN (the same that I'm currently using with my new hack) like en0.

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,451 posts

Hi magnifico10

No I never got revoboot to fully work with either a single HDD or SW RAID0.
In fact I never got round to trying Dutch's suggestion from this post here. I was going to try again today but got caught up messing around with my NIC as I'm in the middle of setting up a VPN server using openvpn and VMware.

If you have a running revoboot then you can setup your SW RAID by following/ adapting Nathan7's guide here.

Cheers
D

;) Thank's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy