[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

It looks like the arch=i386 command isnt going to work for me I still keep getting the "Light Blue Screen of Death" lol

So if I do need to get a new video card to make this work can you recommend something that will work with my motherboard for like 100 bucks or cheaper if possible.

Thanks dgobe for guide and help

It looks like the arch=i386 command isnt going to work for me I still keep getting the "Light Blue Screen of Death" lol

So if I do need to get a new video card to make this work can you recommend something that will work with my motherboard for like 100 bucks or cheaper if possible.

I found a list video cards supported in snow leopard and it said th 7950gt is supportted by

Chipsets Supported by NVDANV40Hal.kext [v1.6.2.35 (18.6.5f11)]:

If it isn't the video card any guess on what else it could be?

I found a list video cards supported in snow leopard and it said th 7950gt is supportted by

I just added a new installer to post #1, give it a try and report back. Still hit Tab after you refresh with the Apple install disk in the drive and put in arch=i386 at the boot prompt. It will boot into 32-bit mode without any extra Kernel flags, I just tested it.

The new installer didn't work either i guess its the video card. Am i forgeting to list anything under my specs that would prevent this from working. I just keep getting the light blue screen after the syntax scrolls. I could take a pic of the screen and upload it if looking at the syntax will help if not any video card suggestions?

i just looked on hcl and couldnt find your card. i was going to recommend your disable graphic acceleration in chameleon boot and install efi string or some loader, but i dont see it in efi string studio. maybe loader would be ok (nvinject, nvenabler,...)

the problem is i dont see your card supported, where did you see it?

chipset is something different than gpu chip no?

search on this forum didnt help? i see couple 7950gt threads

if problems persist, i recommend 8800gt or better. i have it and it worked OOTB with chameleon

At netkas.org you see a few people with the GeForce 7xxx complaining of kernel panics with PC EFI 10.5 in 64 bit mode, their solution was to run in 32 bit. But apparently that doesn't work here. If you have to do a device-id edit of the kext it won't work unless you modify your install DVD. So a new card is probably your best bet, some of the 8xxx cards are around $50.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html

Hi,

I am getting _CST evaluation failed or something like that when i boot and it stops there.

Might that be because i have a i7 960?

Try the BETA download in post #1 if you haven't already. If that doesn't work I'll be posting another package later today that might work for you.....I think a processor specific DSDT might have snuck into that first installer while I wasn't looking

Try the BETA download in post #1 if you haven't already. If that doesn't work I'll be posting another package later today that might work for you.....I think a processor specific DSDT might have snuck into that first installer while I wasn't looking

Actually, it was me being stupid :)

I forgot to add CSTATE in the bios.

Now it boots until i hit another snag.. After the AppleTyMCEDriver reports 1 package 8 cpu, it just stops.. I am guessing that is because of my gfx card (GTX 295)

thank a lot for the help,that I solved the video card prob by installing the file that was given.my wireless card prob is,that under about this mac airport card is available.but under system preferences/network I can not see any wireless connection.how can I solve it.thank you

christy

Any tips as to how i can boot up in "VESA Mode" and add the apropriate kexts for my gfx card after the install? :rolleyes:

Or is this indeed a problem with not finding gfx card?

I tried the beta as well.

Without parameters i got to the same message as before before it stopped, and if i added ARCH=i386 it displayed some AppleHDA errors before stopping.

Edit:

Used GraphicsEnabler=No in chameleon and its installing now =)

i just looked on hcl and couldnt find your card. i was going to recommend your disable graphic acceleration in chameleon boot and install efi string or some loader, but i dont see it in efi string studio. maybe loader would be ok (nvinject, nvenabler,...)

the problem is i dont see your card supported, where did you see it?

chipset is something different than gpu chip no?

search on this forum didnt help? i see couple 7950gt threads

if problems persist, i recommend 8800gt or better. i have it and it worked OOTB with chameleon

Ya Im probably off base with knowing if my video card is supportted or not.

I did check the forums but nothing seemed to work for me, If you say the 8800gt works out the box then ill probably pick one up later today.

Thank you for all you help with my problems Ill let you know if i have any problem with the 8800gt

the 8800gt isnt available on new egg anymore anything else that will work for like 100 can i get something on this page here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....75%20-%20%24100

Success!

I got it installed and now i have everything (sound, nvidia 295, network and even my areca 1210 raid controller) working :).

Had to use the beta cd..

Also a strange thing happened,

I have my CPU OCd to 4.125 usually, however os x didnt like this at all and put it to 2.67 ghz.

When i put my CPU to stock (3.2 ghz) it was fine but running at 1 ghz lower than i can :tomato:

Success!

I got it installed and now i have everything (sound, nvidia 295, network and even my areca 1210 raid controller) working :) .

Had to use the beta cd..

Also a strange thing happened,

I have my CPU OCd to 4.125 usually, however os x didnt like this at all and put it to 2.67 ghz.

When i put my CPU to stock (3.2 ghz) it was fine but running at 1 ghz lower than i can :tomato:

I was going to recommend GraphicsEnabler=n but when I tested it on my system with a GTX260 it gave me a black screen(monitor in sleep mode). Go figure. I'll be posting a new ISO later, there doesn't need to be need to be a separate 32 bit one. So you would just use:

arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=n

As far as your clock speeds, have you run Geekbench(google it) to verify the numbers? It might actually be running faster but just showing the wrong numbers. You can modify the SMBusspeed value in /Extra/smbios.plist to adjust what is shown in System Profiler but it's not necessary. Also, make sure you installed the Processor Independent DSDT from the installer pkg. You should select one and only one option from the 3 DSDTs, either 920, 940 or Processor Independent(in your case since you have a 965)

I was going to recommend GraphicsEnabler=n but when I tested it on my system with a GTX260 it gave me a black screen(monitor in sleep mode). Go figure. I'll be posting a new ISO later, there doesn't need to be need to be a separate 32 bit one. So you would just use:

arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=n

As far as your clock speeds, have you run Geekbench(google it) to verify the numbers? It might actually be running faster but just showing the wrong numbers. You can modify the SMBusspeed value in /Extra/smbios.plist to adjust what is shown in System Profiler but it's not necessary. Also, make sure you installed the Processor Independent DSDT from the installer pkg. You should select one and only one option from the 3 DSDTs, either 920, 940 or Processor Independent(in your case since you have a 965)

I will try the geekbench and check it :tomato:

Actually, the beta worked fine without arch=i386 but not when i added it. (gave me a bunch of sound errors). The thing i needed was the GraphicsEnabler=no.

I used the processor independant DSDT so that seem to be ok (it reports my i7 960 correctly too in "About this mac")

As a side note, sleep works just fine here too and the graphics worked fine after i woke it up too. And it reports both my GPU's in "more info" :)

Next task is to tacle my Acer Aspire 6920g .. i suspect that will be a much tougher fight...

I got it all loaded it up and am very happy Thank you dgobe and tyfle and everyone else for your support!

Is there a way so i dont have to type graphicsenabler=no and does using this command have any advese effects on system performance?

Its only showing 256mb of vram?

Where can I get drivers for my card?

I got it all loaded it up and am very happy Thank you dgobe and tyfle and everyone else for your support!

Is there a way so i dont have to type graphicsenabler=no and does using this command have any advese effects on system performance?

You probably don't have accelerated video support. Is the menu bar at the top translucent....can you see the Desktop background through it? If it is you're good, if not you need a supported video card.

If you edit your com.apple.Boot.plist file you can put the kernel flags in there. Go to Applications->Utilities->Terminal

at the prompt type in:

sudo nano /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

Once in the editor change:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

to:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

and

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>y</string>

to:

<string>n</string>

then Ctrl-X, Y, Enter to save.

P.S. Please try the new installer and post your results. You don't have to do the entire install, just verify that your graphics works with it....use the arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=n flags, thanks

PLS for all people here...

Update/add yours signature with you spec! (mobo, GFX card, RAM, ecc)

PLS! PLS! PLS!

Is very hard for me find a solution without compare the different device...

@TickleBoo I check it when I have time...

Fabio

news for P6TD Deluxe

Hey iFabio, I appreciate it!

I updated my sig so it should have all my info in there, I'm also adding a pic of what airport shows in system profiler so you can see it whenever you get a chance.

screenshot20100126at101.png

You probably don't have accelerated video support. Is the menu bar at the top translucent....can you see the Desktop background through it? If it is you're good, if not you need a supported video card.

If you edit your com.apple.Boot.plist file you can put the kernel flags in there. Go to Applications->Utilities->Terminal

at the prompt type in:

sudo nano /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

Once in the editor change:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

to:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

and

<string>y</string>

to:

<string>n</string>

then Ctrl-X, Y, Enter to save.

P.S. Please try the new installer and post your results. You don't have to do the entire install, just verify that your graphics works with it....use the arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=n flags, thanks

The Menu at the top is not translusent guess that means i have to get a different video card?

So with the new installer do you want me to see if it works up to the point were i install it on my hard drive?

Can you reccomend a video card from the link on my previous post?

Should I update the installer on my harddrive with the new one posted today?

Thanks again

Just tried to install logic... it laughed at me and said i needed more than 0mb vram and a quartz exteme cabable graphics card

Does all this just mean i need a new video card or do i need something special what is quartz exterme?

Thanks testing installer now will report back.

Just tried the new installer 1.12worked perfectly with the graphicsenabler=n

I can boot by by either entering the arch=i386 command or not depending on if i want 32 bit mode or not which i do because my external sound card and uad2 pcie card will only work in 32bit mode do to driver limitationtion

updated to 10.6.2 perfectly no hiches

I just need help getting an affordable video card that will let me load logic :)

Hi all !

it's been a long time. that I haven't been on this forum.

I have just a few questions.

Maybe they were already answered bu I didn't see it.

1. Which sound driver is installed ? how many outputs / inputs are supported ?

2. For the graphics, I suppose that they aren't supported by default, I remember, my grafic card needed an EFI string. is it supported by the installer or do we need to do it by ourselves.

3. Is chameleon used for the bootloader or PC EFI ?

Thanks in advance for your answers. as I said, it's been a long time that I wasn't on the hackintosh forum, so, I may not know the latest enhancements in all methods.

Hi all !

it's been a long time. that I haven't been on this forum.

I have just a few questions.

Maybe they were already answered bu I didn't see it.

1. Which sound driver is installed ? how many outputs / inputs are supported ?

2. For the graphics, I suppose that they aren't supported by default, I remember, my grafic card needed an EFI string. is it supported by the installer or do we need to do it by ourselves.

3. Is chameleon used for the bootloader or PC EFI ?

Thanks in advance for your answers. as I said, it's been a long time that I wasn't on the hackintosh forum, so, I may not know the latest enhancements in all methods.

1. It displays Intel High Definition AUdio in my "More info window" with 1 headphone, 1 speaker, 1 internal microphone, 1 line in, 1 line out, 1 s/p-dif out and in, 1 digital out, 2 line out :)

2. The i had to install kext and insert the EFI string into com.apple.boot.plist myself but i do have an gtx 295. This was not very hard (i only searched for gtx 295 in this forum and got right to instructions and download).

3. Chameleon