Best Laptops With Full Hardware Support and Acceleration

jacob019

281 posts in this topic

yeah well that's called a work-around, not fully compatible .. :)

so is the C300 equipped with the Conexant HDA chip? If so, which vendor/device ID?

It is the conexant HDA chip (thats what its marketed as and thats the drivers HP provide).

vendor/deviceID were extremely weird in hardware info in the sl installer.

Almost every item of any type came up with Intel ICH (the mobo i believe). So i ddnt attempt to patch the hda myself.

I shall check via other means the hardware info cos i think the installer was reading things wrong.

edit:

Vendor ID: 14F1

Device ID: 5047

Hardware ID screeny:

btw slices HDA doesnt work on it

• 3 weeks later...

So, what options are there currently for a (new) laptop that is compatible?

Is there anything below $800 in the U.S., which is where nvidia-equipped models seem to start. I'd like to have qe/ci.

Is it necessary to stick with Intel, since all the less-expensive models seem to use the Intel HD graphics, which can't perform? What's wrong with AMD and the special kernal for it? Some of those models might have more-compatible graphics.

There seems to be lots of inexpensive netbooks that people seem to have gotten up and running with low-power cpus AND with QE/CI. I do want a full-size (=>15.6") model though.

I don't care if I have to use a USB wireless card (man, have THEY shrunk lately!), or audio dongle.

Anyone?

• 4 weeks later...

The Dell Studio 14z makes a great Hackintosh. Graphics supported out the box. Get the 1600x900 monitor and search for 14z on this forum for the thread of owners. I have it and I put a apple sticker over the dell logo because even in dual boot mode, I used apple OS 90 percent of the time on it.

Is this model even sold by Dell anymore? If not, what about its successors?

The Dell Studio 14z makes a great Hackintosh. Graphics supported out the box. Get the 1600x900 monitor and search for 14z on this forum for the thread of owners. I have it and I put a apple sticker over the dell logo because even in dual boot mode, I used apple OS 90 percent of the time on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I'm French & this is my own experience with my HP Compaq laptop.

This is really inspiring (not gonna quote the whole post :D).

Shows how you can build a machine much faster than a real MacBook Pro for even less money. They are CRAZY expensive in Croatia (at least 3 times more expensive than non-Mac equivalents that are even stronger in terms of CPU/RAM/GPU power/HDD Size)

Still deciding which laptop to buy for my own Snow Leopard adventure :rolleyes: Currently have a 6730s that is a no-go and 2 desktops with 10.5.8., but I want a laptop with OS X!

• 1 year later...

i have HP pavillion dv5-1215ee laptop , just installed lion 10.7.2 from iAtkos l2. Camera , USB, Ethernet, trackpad, bluetooth, infrared remote control and VGA with 3d accerleratoin worked out of the box. Audio worked with voodooHDA but needed a modified next to support volume control and mute. Wifi worked with kext from 10.6.8.. SD card slot, and sleep function are not functioning currently as i didn't even try to work on them yet. i also have HP mini 1035nr netbook with a 100% working 10.5.8 installation for almost 2 years now. i have my iPhone syncing with iTunes on lion , iCloud , playing Asphalt adrenaline and i my arduino with it