280 replies to this topic

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Hi all,
I'm French & this is my own experience with my HP Compaq laptop.

Jérôme alias Manoooze.

WOW! That is some FANTASTIC great work you've done!!! Very impressive!

You should really start your own thread for you model laptop so others with your same machine can benefit.

GREAT JOB! Very inspiring.

;) ;) :) :) :D

alcaopon

alcaopon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
What would be the list of HP and Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet PCs that will support running the OSX with all hardware working?

seahawkwest

seahawkwest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Hello to all :(

I have an asus UL50VG with switchable graphic cards gma 4500 mhd and geforce g210M but i cant get to active g210M (dedicated graphic card) for get qe/ci.

I need an actually hackintosh laptop 15" compatible with snow leopard for use xcode and I supose that the graphic card must be compatible with qe/ci.

There are any hackintosh laptop 100% compatible ?

Thanks a lot.

Nameci

Nameci

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
I am not sure though, but mine is. see my sig. smbios set to macbook4,1 to enjoy native speedstep.

jumbochilli

jumbochilli

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
see my sig. below. :(

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
@ jumbochilli, the Acer Aspire 4740G is a 14" but seahawkwest is asking for a 15" ..............

@ Nameci: can you please provide for us a link where to purchase the Hasee W230N? You state your location as "Factory of the world...", so I guess you purchased it in China?

seahawkwest

seahawkwest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Thanks to all for your responses.

The Acer Aspire 4740G is a good option but I can't buy it on Spain and is 14".
But is a good option.

Any question: There is any Dell laptop compatible ?

Thanks again :rolleyes:

regards Seahawk

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
yes, the Dell Inspiron 1525 15.4". A bit older but 100% compatible. Master Slice has it. Go here http://outlet.us.del...O...;l=en&s=dfh then in the left panel, under Family, choose Inspiron 1525, then on the right choose the customized model you like. Sometimes it also sells on eBay or Craigslist.

seahawkwest

seahawkwest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
OK, thanks for all BugsB :(

Joshua Martin

Joshua Martin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Guys. I have another laptop to report!

i own a compaq c300 (old i know).

Its fully compatible with everything (except the 3.5mic in port) on leopard. (my need wifi card change ["MAY DO"!!])

ALSO (C310 model [ie it has gma945 not 940gml]):
With a cpu upgrade (it possible, ive done it), it fully runs snow leopard perfectly but with the mic in problem.
CPU upgraded to was a core duo t2300. Both cores work instantly and is fully stable.

Its a weak laptop:
gma945
core duo t2300 (if you do what i did) otherwise t1300

btw guys i believe im one of the only people to have ever replaced the cpu in this laptop. its easy to do, but not the easiest option, or is technically snow leopard compatible by default.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
.. which is a 15.4" widescreen (unless you know better) and can be purchased for $100 on eBay ..

Joshua Martin

Joshua Martin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

.. which is a 15.4" widescreen (unless you know better) and can be purchased for $100 on eBay ..

absolutely correct my friend. and a t2300 is about £15. so full snowleopard for spectacularly cheap!

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
re. Mic in (which is important for i.e. Skype, Google Voice etc.): is it a ConexantHDA in the C300? If so, have you tried all available mods of VoodooHDA and AppleHDA? The C500's Conexabt HDA works with VoodooHDA from Google.Code. Slice's mod (end of entry posting) might even be better ..

PS: don't forget to remove the Azalia kext BEFORE installing any HDA kext ...

Joshua Martin

Joshua Martin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

re. Mic in (which is important for i.e. Skype, Google Voice etc.): is it a ConexantHDA in the C300? If so, have you tried all available mods of VoodooHDA and AppleHDA? The C500's Conexabt HDA works with VoodooHDA from Google.Code. Slice's mod (end of entry posting) might even be better ..

PS: don't forget to remove the Azalia kext BEFORE installing any HDA kext ...

Ive tried 3 or 4 voodooHDA's. none worked. I never found slices one, so ill try that, and report back :)

I will say that if you have a USB mic thats mac compatible, it works fine.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
yeah well that's called a work-around, not fully compatible .. :thanks_speechbubble:

so is the C300 equipped with the Conexant HDA chip? If so, which vendor/device ID?

Joshua Martin

Joshua Martin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

yeah well that's called a work-around, not fully compatible .. :)

so is the C300 equipped with the Conexant HDA chip? If so, which vendor/device ID?

It is the conexant HDA chip (thats what its marketed as and thats the drivers HP provide).

vendor/deviceID were extremely weird in hardware info in the sl installer.
Almost every item of any type came up with Intel ICH (the mobo i believe). So i ddnt attempt to patch the hda myself.

I shall check via other means the hardware info cos i think the installer was reading things wrong.

edit:
Vendor ID: 14F1
Device ID: 5047

Hardware ID screeny:
Spoiler

btw slices HDA doesnt work on it

flacker

flacker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
So, what options are there currently for a (new) laptop that is compatible?
Is there anything below $800 in the U.S., which is where nvidia-equipped models seem to start. I'd like to have qe/ci.
Is it necessary to stick with Intel, since all the less-expensive models seem to use the Intel HD graphics, which can't perform? What's wrong with AMD and the special kernal for it? Some of those models might have more-compatible graphics.

There seems to be lots of inexpensive netbooks that people seem to have gotten up and running with low-power cpus AND with QE/CI. I do want a full-size (=>15.6") model though.

I don't care if I have to use a USB wireless card (man, have THEY shrunk lately!), or audio dongle.

Anyone?

TheDon

TheDon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
The Dell Studio 14z makes a great Hackintosh. Graphics supported out the box. Get the 1600x900 monitor and search for 14z on this forum for the thread of owners. I have it and I put a apple sticker over the dell logo because even in dual boot mode, I used apple OS 90 percent of the time on it.

flacker

flacker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Is this model even sold by Dell anymore? If not, what about its successors?

The Dell Studio 14z makes a great Hackintosh. Graphics supported out the box. Get the 1600x900 monitor and search for 14z on this forum for the thread of owners. I have it and I put a apple sticker over the dell logo because even in dual boot mode, I used apple OS 90 percent of the time on it.

zicoos

zicoos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 85 posts

Hi all,
I'm French & this is my own experience with my HP Compaq laptop.

This is really inspiring (not gonna quote the whole post :D).

Shows how you can build a machine much faster than a real MacBook Pro for even less money. They are CRAZY expensive in Croatia (at least 3 times more expensive than non-Mac equivalents that are even stronger in terms of CPU/RAM/GPU power/HDD Size)

Still deciding which laptop to buy for my own Snow Leopard adventure :rolleyes: Currently have a 6730s that is a no-go and 2 desktops with 10.5.8., but I want a laptop with OS X!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy