4 replies to this topic

chuppiejones

chuppiejones

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello Community,

I recently blindly bought a macbook that has an international keyboard. This wouldn't be a problem
if I knew how to remap the left shift key and the enter key, as they are both located in a slightly
different places. I tried apps like ukelele, doublecommand and keyremap4macbook, and I could not
figure how to remap a modifier key such as the left shift key or how to make a key behave like an
enter key. Any help would be greatly appreciated because it's very difficult to find any kind of typing
rhythm when the left shift and enter key are a space further than the keyboards I've been using my whole
life. I really trying to avoid buying a new uppercase assembly (because they cost $250 and I've
already paid enough for the machine itself)

A Nonny Moose

A Nonny Moose

Proud PPC User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
Try this maybe

capitainhe

capitainhe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Try doublecommand at http://doublecommand.sourceforge.net/, it's a free application for OSX, I installed it and it works well

kiwiron

kiwiron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks, that's very helpful. :(

iamkip

iamkip

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
anyone have any ideas on how to remap Paragraph(§) to Backquote (`)?
my (`) key makes (§). doublecommand has no option for this, and neither does KeyRemap4MacBook.
just to be clear i dont want to make another key make (`) i want my (`) key to make a (`)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy