Dell 1545 Snow Leopard Retail/boot132 Install

doriean

426 posts in this topic

Thanks again, im doing research and trying things out with sound. But with the resolution, did anyone notice that after the 1366x768 resolution worked that some of the backgrounds(defaults) looked odd, colors, like they were not blended correctly?? Or is this just me, and something maybe did go wrong.

I have that problem too. In quick view the jpg is rendered very bad and the preview opens the jpeg's but shows a blank(white) image. I'm not satisfied yet with this installation.

Bluetooth & Cardreader still doesn't work!

I have that problem too. In quick view the jpg is rendered very bad and the preview opens the jpeg's but shows a blank(white) image. I'm not satisfied yet with this installation.

Bluetooth & Cardreader still doesn't work!

I think that it is because of the lack of support for Quartz Extreme that preview doesn't work. Also it is not possible to watch dvd's (no that i care too much of that) and play 3d games.

Does anybody's got lucky with the touchpad issue? What about the Quarz Extreme? I've done some research but from what i hear there's been not much progress :D

Hey EveryBody So As I Can See, We Still Have The Following Issue's

Fix For Volume Control

Touchpad Not Working So Well.

Sleep

QE - Quartz

In Quick View JPG Not Showing

Bluetooth Not Working

Card Reader Not Working

No movies Or Dvd Wont Play Movie

Ok So Im Gonna See What I Can Do And If You Can Help Out Please Do So Thanks

Every time I install the kext I get the screen to hold down the power button and restart. Stupid question how do I get to the root drive to put the dsdt.aml?

This are my Spec's:

DELL 1545 Core Dou 2.0 Ghz

Intel GM45 Video Card

4GB Ram

500GB HD

Bios Ver. A07

Pls. Help

Every time I install the kext I get the screen to hold down the power button and restart. Stupid question how do I get to the root drive to put the dsdt.aml?

This are my Spec's:

DELL 1545 Core Dou 2.0 Ghz

Intel GM45 Video Card

4GB Ram

500GB HD

Bios Ver. A07

Pls. Help

Hello The Root Is Like Your c: Drive In windows it should be located in the top right hand corner, just double click on it and you will be in the root of your harddrive. It Looks Like A Picture Of A Harddrive

hope that helps.

graphics problem "Dell Inspiron 1545"

hi all,

i have a problem installing the graphics, can only get 1024 x 762, my display is Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a42

Revision ID: 0x0007

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

can't get your graphics to work.

the system can boot ok from hard drive.

but my "com.apple.Boot.plist" is located in

Hard drive "snow/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

tried every way to install the graphics card from the posts on your thread.

not sure what to do next.

graphics problem "Dell Inspiron 1545"

hi all,

i have a problem installing the graphics, can only get 1024 x 762, my display is Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a42

Revision ID: 0x0007

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

can't get your graphics to work.

the system can boot ok from hard drive.

but my "com.apple.Boot.plist" is located in

Hard drive "snow/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

tried every way to install the graphics card from the posts on your thread.

not sure what to do next.

this will help you.:-)

Well First Off Please Stick Only To This Thred I Do Not Support Links Left In Any Comment.

This Is What You Do,

Download The Graphics Folder Theres A Link Posted At The Top

Open It Up And Install Both Kexts Using Kext Utility Theres A Link For That To,Then Copy The Dsdt.aml Into The Root Of Your Harddrive

Restart your computer If It Didnt work Do It Agian It Took Me A Couple Of Times

Hope That Helps

And Restart

native resolution graphics problem:

First off F2 enters bios menu F12 is the boot option (from your tutorial), Also I don't see how you can boot to the installation DVD or into the OS after installation from the SLBoot321 CD without boot parameters such as -f -v, After the installation when booting from SLBoot321 it panics immediately without parameters. Then past this point it panics from not having needed extensions. Once I install a boot loader and the extensions it loads fine.

Now the wireless and sound kexts work fine, but the graphics kext are unrecognized and I do not have native resolution. I tried installing the kexts several times both with extensions installed first and on another re-installation without the extensions installed. What could I be missing here? Any files needed to be put into the Extra folder?

I do get the 'com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMAX3100FB has immediate dependencies' use one style message during boot.

Appreciate the guide and the help.

First off F2 enters bios menu F12 is the boot option (from your tutorial), Also I don't see how you can boot to the installation DVD or into the OS after installation from the SLBoot321 CD without boot parameters such as -f -v, After the installation when booting from SLBoot321 it panics immediately without parameters. Then past this point it panics from not having needed extensions. Once I install a boot loader and the extensions it loads fine.

Now the wireless and sound kexts work fine, but the graphics kext are unrecognized and I do not have native resolution. I tried installing the kexts several times both with extensions installed first and on another re-installation without the extensions installed. What could I be missing here? Any files needed to be put into the Extra folder?

From my experience, i can tell you that the only thing that worked for me was modifying the com.apple.boot.plst with the one i provided earlier. You do need also to place de dsdt file in the root of the hard drive and install the x3100 kexts.

From my experience, i can tell you that the only thing that worked for me was modifying the com.apple.boot.plst with the one i provided earlier. You do need also to place de dsdt file in the root of the hard drive and install the x3100 kexts.

Should I just modify and put into the Extra folder or the one in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Okay so thanks to charlesterror's suggestion of modifying the com.apple.Boot.plist I now have native resolution. Make sure you repair permissions after this step!

Download the modified com.apple.Boot.plist here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z8QRGI4Q

Navigate to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Delete the com.apple.Boot.plist, and copy the one from the download into this folder

Repair permissions, on reboot you will have native resolution and it will recognize your video kexts.

Okay so thanks to charlesterror's suggestion of modifying the com.apple.Boot.plist I now have native resolution. Make sure you repair permissions after this step!

Download the modified com.apple.Boot.plist here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z8QRGI4Q

Navigate to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Delete the com.apple.Boot.plist, and copy the one from the download into this folder

Repair permissions, on reboot you will have native resolution and it will recognize your video kexts.

Thank You Everybody For Helping Out And Then Giving Back I Really Do Appreciate It.

hey i have a Dell 1545 with SL installed almost perfect. Which kexts does the integrated graphics take? How do you do so exactly. i've trying these on this thread with no luck. And another problem i have is with the boot123 when installing it within sl when I reboot I get "hold power button {censored}".

Here are my specs

Core 2 Duo P7345

intel graphics

160 GB don't remember the model.

3GB

Any help would be nice

Hey, thanks for the guide.

I've a problem though.

When I try to boot the retail disc I get stuck at the grey screen after the spinning wheel and the Apple logo. It just doesn't do anything.

When I boot with my grey OEM disc from my Mac Mini i can get as far as the Installer which won't let me Install since it's bundled to my Mac. Any Ideas ?

To boot the Retail Installation DVD use '-f -v'

Boot into the SLBoot321 CD, and put in the Snow Leopard Retail DVD. After it finishes loading press F5 to refresh the screen. Once you see the Mac OS X Installation, highlight the option and type '-f -v' and press enter.

On the first boot after the installation use the SLBoot321 CD and boot with '-f -v' again. Without this you will kernel panic at CPUPowerManagement and SMC.

Once in the system, update to 10.6.2. Do not restart yet. Install all the extensions included with kext helper or kext utility. Install the boot loader and restart. If you don't install the extensions you will receive a panic again. (Remember to repair permissions with Disk Utility if you don't use kext utility)

You should now boot into Snow Leopard fine without any kernel panics or lines and without need for boot parameters.

Now you need to kext helper the sound, wifi, and video kexts along with possibly modifying the com.apple.Boot.plist as previously stated to have graphics work in native resolution.

As an alternative to the '-f -v' boot parameter options you can try '-x -v -f -legacy cpus=1 platform=x86PC'

Hey does anybody know if you can do this with a USB Drive , like boot132 with a USB drive that has an install of SL on it . and if so how do i go about it and wait program ?

Well If You Already Have Installed Snow Leopard To Your Usb Harddrive, Just Plug In Your Usb And Insert The Boot132 Cd, Then Boot From The Cd And Your Snow Leopard Installation Should Show Up Under The Boot132 cd And Then Just Click It.

Thats It.