• Please log in to reply
425 replies to this topic

F0rum

F0rum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Also, i copied the mac.boot.plst from another post, and have it working. Now i don't know if it was because of that that my resolution get native. it looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86 GraphicsEnabler=No</string>

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Where is mac.boot.plist located? I can only fond com.apple.Boot.plist ! Is one and the same file? thanks

charlesterror

charlesterror

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Where is mac.boot.plist located? I can only fond com.apple.Boot.plist ! Is one and the same file? thanks

Ooops. My bad. It's the file you said it was. I think i just named it how i liked :rolleyes:

charlesterror

charlesterror

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I've been doing some research into the graphic acceleration. Now i know it's called Quartz. I think it's used in apps like imovie, google earth and the dvd player. But i've found that it's actually not compatible with the intel gmax3100 that the inspiron comes with. I wonder if this will be resolved... Also, i've found that the touchpad works halfway. It's too sensitive and the touch click doesn't works. Apart from those problems, i'd say that it runs really really good. Much better than windows.

doriean

doriean

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Modding,Robotics,Hacking,Computers,Electronics, And Everything Naruto. !

I've been doing some research into the graphic acceleration. Now i know it's called Quartz. I think it's used in apps like imovie, google earth and the dvd player. But i've found that it's actually not compatible with the intel gmax3100 that the inspiron comes with. I wonder if this will be resolved... Also, i've found that the touchpad works halfway. It's too sensitive and the touch click doesn't works. Apart from those problems, i'd say that it runs really really good. Much better than windows.

Thanks For All The Info, Im Glad To Hear Everything is Working Great. If You Could Please Send Me A Copy Of The .plist That Would Be Awesome.

( HAPPY NEW YEARS TO EVERYONE )...........

F0rum

F0rum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

First Off, Ive already talked with Charlesterror about the com.apple.boot.plist and when he sends it to me ill post it with a tut After i verify that it works with my computer , second dont upload stuff that can only be downloaded ten times from a free account , and third dont use other ppls threads to post download links and to give advice, get your own thread.

so thanks for everything But......

Sorry for disturbing, I'm just trying to help! (I've deleted my post)
happy new year

guitar_frk

guitar_frk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hey, i got the resolution working. But sometimes when i start the computer i get the display with lines, is there a kext that will fix this. Most times i have to restart computer to get in without the lines showing up.
And still no fix for the master sound volume?

charlesterror

charlesterror

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

And still no fix for the master sound volume?

Guess Not.... It would be awesome to get the touchpad to work better and the Quartz Extreme support. If that solved, I bet it would be practically the same as an original mac. (Just guessing) :)

doriean

doriean

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Modding,Robotics,Hacking,Computers,Electronics, And Everything Naruto. !

Guess Not.... It would be awesome to get the touchpad to work better and the Quartz Extreme support. If that solved, I bet it would be practically the same as an original mac. (Just guessing) :)

I Have Been Doing Some More Research On The Quartz Extreme And Your Right, Our, Or At Least My Hardware Does Not Support It. As Far As The Touchpad Im Gonna Work On That Tommorow And Ill Post Back My Results.

Thanks Again To Everybody Who Has And Still Is Helping With This Project, Your Comments And Suggestions Are Always Welcome.

guitar_frk

guitar_frk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Thanks again, im doing research and trying things out with sound. But with the resolution, did anyone notice that after the 1366x768 resolution worked that some of the backgrounds(defaults) looked odd, colors, like they were not blended correctly?? Or is this just me, and something maybe did go wrong.
But i am successfully dual booting also.
Guide worked great.
Just update if anyone finds fix for master volume control, good working trackpad, sleep, and Quartz.

F0rum

F0rum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
What about bluetooth & card reader? Does anyone managed to fix them?
Thank's

F0rum

F0rum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Thanks again, im doing research and trying things out with sound. But with the resolution, did anyone notice that after the 1366x768 resolution worked that some of the backgrounds(defaults) looked odd, colors, like they were not blended correctly?? Or is this just me, and something maybe did go wrong.

I have that problem too. In quick view the jpg is rendered very bad and the preview opens the jpeg's but shows a blank(white) image. I'm not satisfied yet with this installation.
Bluetooth & Cardreader still doesn't work!

charlesterror

charlesterror

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

I have that problem too. In quick view the jpg is rendered very bad and the preview opens the jpeg's but shows a blank(white) image. I'm not satisfied yet with this installation.
Bluetooth & Cardreader still doesn't work!

I think that it is because of the lack of support for Quartz Extreme that preview doesn't work. Also it is not possible to watch dvd's (no that i care too much of that) and play 3d games.

charlesterror

charlesterror

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Does anybody's got lucky with the touchpad issue? What about the Quarz Extreme? I've done some research but from what i hear there's been not much progress :(

doriean

doriean

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Does anybody's got lucky with the touchpad issue? What about the Quarz Extreme? I've done some research but from what i hear there's been not much progress :D

Hey EveryBody So As I Can See, We Still Have The Following Issue's

Fix For Volume Control

Touchpad Not Working So Well.

Sleep

QE - Quartz

In Quick View JPG Not Showing

Bluetooth Not Working

Card Reader Not Working

No movies Or Dvd Wont Play Movie

Ok So Im Gonna See What I Can Do And If You Can Help Out Please Do So Thanks

shikhar623

shikhar623

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
can i use this boot 123 cd for oher laptop?
thanks

doriean

doriean

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

can i use this boot 123 cd for oher laptop?
thanks

Yes You Can With No Problems.

Gyga_Man

Gyga_Man

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Every time I install the kext I get the screen to hold down the power button and restart. Stupid question how do I get to the root drive to put the dsdt.aml?

This are my Spec's:
DELL 1545 Core Dou 2.0 Ghz
Intel GM45 Video Card
4GB Ram
500GB HD
Bios Ver. A07

Pls. Help

doriean

doriean

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Every time I install the kext I get the screen to hold down the power button and restart. Stupid question how do I get to the root drive to put the dsdt.aml?

This are my Spec's:
DELL 1545 Core Dou 2.0 Ghz
Intel GM45 Video Card
4GB Ram
500GB HD
Bios Ver. A07

Pls. Help

Hello The Root Is Like Your c: Drive In windows it should be located in the top right hand corner, just double click on it and you will be in the root of your harddrive. It Looks Like A Picture Of A Harddrive

hope that helps.

nikola.j

nikola.j

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey Biggie My Hardware Specs Are......

256MB ATI MOBILE RADEON HD4330

So why would you install Intel 3100 kexts (adapted for 4500) for an ATI card?

sparky77

sparky77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
graphics problem "Dell Inspiron 1545"
hi all,
[indent=1]i have a problem installing the graphics, can only get 1024 x 762, my display is Display:

Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x2a42
Revision ID: 0x0007
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

can't get your graphics to work.
the system can boot ok from hard drive.
but my "com.apple.Boot.plist" is located in

Hard drive "snow/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

tried every way to install the graphics card from the posts on your thread.

not sure what to do next.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy