Autodesk Smoke on Mac

cowjam

40 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
Here's a challenge - can anyone get the free trial of this high end editing/compositing app to work on a hackintosh?

http://area.autodesk.com/smokeonmac

Hi,

im vasudevan from chennai,india.this is for your educational purpose only.Not for commertial use.

After learning this buy a Smoke and Mac pro.

Email : seebigindian@gmail.com

I installed Autodesk Smoke 2011 (4days Trial) sucessfully in my Hackintosh.

My Config:

Intel core2quad 2.5Ghz

Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX/GTX+

1680x1050x32@60Hz

Dual Screen

Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Retail Install

FCP,MOtion,Adobe CS5 64bit app Works, i rendered sample projects in FCP 7,AE CS5.......

Every thing Works great....

Only problem in Autodesk Smoke is Display resolution....im having 1680x1050, but smoke needs 1920x1200.

so small part of left portion,bottom,and right portion of the application is not displayed.....

Screenshots:

post-397242-1274821340_thumb.jpg

post-397242-1274821360_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
Hi,

im vasudevan from chennai,india.this is for your educational purpose only.Not for commertial use.

After learning this buy a Smoke and Mac pro.

Email : seebigindian@gmail.com

I installed Autodesk Smoke 2011 (4days Trial) sucessfully in my Hackintosh.

My Config:

Intel core2quad 2.5Ghz

Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX/GTX+

1680x1050x32@60Hz

Dual Screen

Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Retail Install

FCP,MOtion,Adobe CS5 64bit app Works, i rendered sample projects in FCP 7,AE CS5.......

Every thing Works great....

Only problem in Autodesk Smoke is Display resolution....im having 1680x1050, but smoke needs 1920x1200.

so small part of left portion,bottom,and right portion of the application is not displayed.....

Screenshots:

"im vasudevan from chennai,india.this is for your educational purpose only.Not for commertial use.

After learning this buy a Smoke and Mac pro"

Ur statement here seems as if u have cracked this software, This is a demo version as u know. who the hell is going to sue u for using it in ur hackintosh.

Dont make stupid comments and disgrace ur self.

• 2 weeks later...

Like many I am unable to install smoke, I am running Iatkos 3, P5k with working ethernet card on a pci, internal ethernet isnt working anymore. Nvidia 9500.

I really need to learn smoke or will be left out in the post production race.

Can some one help, I have already tried osxtool which doesn't work in 10.6.3, other way of editing bootlist didnt work either.

Executing: dlhostid

SetWorkingDir: /Users/pn/Desktop/GetDLHostID.app/Contents/Resources/

Executing: ./dlhostid

dlhostid (build 173) - Copyright © 2005 by Autodesk, Inc./Autodesk Canada Co. All rights reserved.

Error: Can't open network device

***Error: Unable to determine the host ID of this machine.

Error: Unable to execute ./ :Ddlhostid

Error code: 1

TO install smoke u need snow leopare 10.5.3 + working network drivers. no legacy kernels (if application can,t install change kernel)

my sys config

Quad core 2.83

DG43TF Intel

4 GB DDR2

9500GT I GB XFX nVidia GeForce

2 TB Hdd

i used hazard 10.5.2 and combo update 10.5.3, boot loader Chameleon 2.0 RC4 + Intel82566MM network + booting on 64 bit

And its working perfectly with crack

• 2 weeks later...
TO install smoke u need snow leopare 10.5.3 + working network drivers. no legacy kernels (if application can,t install change kernel)

my sys config

Quad core 2.83

DG43TF Intel

4 GB DDR2

2 TB Hdd

i used hazard 10.5.2 and combo update 10.5.3, boot loader Chameleon 2.0 RC4 + Intel82566MM network + booting on 64 bit

Hi can u save the project after u make corrections/edits. I have successfully installed service pack 3 too. according to other editors service pack 3 cracked version doesn't save, pls let me know if u have managed to save ur projects and upon restarting the smoke u get the last corrected timeline.

Thanks

Smoke for Mac requires 10.6.3 minimum, not 10.5.3. It runs on almost any setup, but of course at a price regarding performance. At work we have two Smoke platforms, aside from two Flames. One Smoke Ultimate on Linux and now a Smoke on Mac on a Mac Pro 8-core, 32 Gb RAM, autodesk licensed array and a quadro FX 4800.

Smoke for Mac is still unstable, buggy and SLOW as hell.

If you don't believe me, if you are running SP3, load any clip to the record timeline, make a few splices, go to the beginning of the timeline and press "X" (jump to the next splice) and BAM, it quits right on your face.

SP4 is less buggy but still VERY annoying.

Yes, there's a crack for SP4 that is far more elegant than replacing the whole executable, but SP4 structure is more elegant as a whole compared to SP3. Worked fine on my Hackintosh, but it's just too slow for my taste.

Give a try, but be patient with the bugs and crashes. Maybe in a year it will become what it must be.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my sys config

Quad core 2.83

DG43TF Intel

4 GB DDR2

2 TB Hdd

I think it requires 10.6.3 not 10.5.3....

right v????

• 2 weeks later...
Is there some way to bump down the 1920 X 1200 resolution so those with normal monitors can see the entire GUI?

maybe some pkg can be edited in pacifist?

Smoke runs ok on hackintosh but some issues;

# smoke support suggest http://osxdaily.com/2009/08/08/virtually-s...reen-workspace/ as a workaround for people that dont want to buy 1920x1200 monitors.

problem is smoke gui does not open correctly.

# if u add a HD for smoke media storage smoke will no longer start unless you use terminal to repair specific permissions

# very steep learning curve. looks like you cant drag and drop media into program.

# would be a lot more user friendly if the GUI could be resized and terminal not required to do basic stuff other nldve's already do.

As we know that YouTube, Google Video, Reuters.com, Yahoo! Video and MySpace are all the notable users of the FLV format, so we need a third party to help us to enjoy these videos on iPod, iPhone, Zune, Creative Zen and other digital devices.

4Easysoft FLV to Video Converter is dedicated to converting FLV files to mainstream video and audio formats such as FLV to WMV, FLV to AVI, FLV to MP3,

FLV to ASF,

FLV to 3GP,

FLV to MPEG, etc.

with powerful editing functions—trim, crop, merge, snapshot.

It is very easy to use. Just take a few clicks, you can finish the conversion.

Preparation: intall and run 4Easysoft FLV to Video Converter

main.jpg

Step 1: Import files

Click “Add File” button and add your flash video files.

Step 2: Select output video format

Select the output video format from the profile drop-down list .

Step 3: Customize output settings

Click “Settings” button in the output settings area, you are allowed to customize the output parameters such as Resolution, Video Bitrate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, Sample Rate, etc.

Click “Browse” button, you can choose the output destination.Or the default destination is D:\My Documents\4Easysoft Studio\Output.

Or you can click “preference” buttun to choose the output destination, snapshot fold,etc.

You can also edit your files by using the funcitons of trim,merge,capture images and preview.

Step 4: Start conversion

Click “Start” button in the right of the main interface, you are allowed to start conversion. All the tasks of conversion will be finished at fast speed and high output quality.

steps.jpg

Key features of this converter:

1. A wide range of output video/audio formats

4Easysoft FLV to Video Converter supports various output formats including MP4, MOV, M4V, VOB, XviD, AVI, FLV, 3GP, 3G2, MPG, ASF, MKV, M4A, MP3, WAV, AC3, MKA, OGG, AAC, from FLV and F4V source files

2. Compatible with various PMPs

Possessing of so powerful video converting functions, 4Easysoft FLV to Video Converter supports various PMPs such as iPod versions, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360, Zune, Archos, Sandisk, iRiver, Creative Zen, MP4/MP3 Player, Smart Phone, Pocket PC, Mobile Phone, etc.

3. Trim video

Split movies by setting the exact start and end time, or just dragging the slider bar.

4. Merge video

Join separate files into one file after conversion for you to enjoy successively.

5. Crop video

Frame the video play region you want like smart scissors.

6. Capture pictures and Real-time preview

Capture your favorite pictures while previewing movies. It can be saved in default folder automatically.

7. Easier operation and better quality

8. System Requirements

OS Supported: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP and Windows Vista

Hardware Requirements: 800MHz Intel or AMD CPU, or above; 512MB RAM or more

FLV Video Converter is also an easy-to-use FLV Video Converter which can convert mainstream video files to YouTube FLV format.

Don’t hesitate, just have a try first and hope my sharing can be helpful!

Here are some more useful softwares may help you as well:

Total Video Converter

PS3 Video Converter.

Creative Zen Video Converter

While iPod and iPhone are more and more popular among us, more and more people are agonizing to fully manage their iPod/iPhone, such as transfer iPod/iPhone files to PC, PC to iPod/iPhone, iPod/iPhone to iPod/iPhone and make iPhone Ringtone. Here I’d like to share one tool—iPod + iPhone Mate.

With it, you could find that making a fully enjoyment of iPod and iPhone is so easy!

here are some more softwares that may help you:

iPhone Manager

iPhone Mate

iPhone 4G video converter