InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Yes the error is:
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

Bios 1201
same kext you have.

I get the exact same error and you won't believe what fixes it, run the system with only one stick of ram.

Such a stupid problem

knifez

knifez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I get the exact same error and you won't believe what fixes it, run the system with only one stick of ram.

Such a stupid problem

Oh that's crap man, I got 8 gigs man, no way I'm running 1 stick only...Hmmm hope this can be fixed soon, otherwise I have to stick to 10.5.8 ............. :(

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,813 posts
Does it happen only using my dsdt.aml? Did you try to create your own file? You can create it using Leopard.

Take a look at this topic
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=191191

I can't test it because I only have one stick of RAM (2 GB).

redcoke

redcoke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
it works for me. that is great. i install 2 slot 2x 1G ram in it.. all working,, that is very great job. i think is the bios problem.. and hey man. can i ask you question about the dsdt.aml.? right now i am trying to create the dsdt.aml in my i7 notebook, but i get a lot error in there so that can't create it. can you help me out of there?

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,813 posts

it works for me. that is great. i install 2 slot 2x 1G ram in it.. all working,, that is very great job. i think is the bios problem.. and hey man. can i ask you question about the dsdt.aml.? right now i am trying to create the dsdt.aml in my i7 notebook, but i get a lot error in there so that can't create it. can you help me out of there?

How are you creating it? You can try using other iasl version to compile. I have an Acer laptop which DSDT only compiles with iasl 20090730, with newer version I get a lot of errors. Attach your DSDT and I take a look.

redcoke

redcoke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
re oldnapalm.

here is the link for the dsdt.aml.. i am very thank you for your help,

Matty___

Matty___

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I'm running 4x1gb@951 mhz without problems. but with a older bios. and applied the patches to my own dsdt file.

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,813 posts
@redcoke: where's the link?

For the people having problems with more than 2 GB of RAM, you can try to disable the JMicron controller in BIOS or removing the kext if you are not using it. I read about people with similar problems and the cause was the JMicron controller. If you are using it, you can try the kext in the first post. Other solution may be using older BIOS version.

@Matty: what BIOS version are you using?

Matty___

Matty___

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
@oldnapalm:
bios 0702 and i don't use jmicron. have you enabled:

Advanced - CPU Configuration - C1E Support - Enabled
Advanced - CPU Configuration - Execute Disable Bit - Enabled

?

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,813 posts

@oldnapalm:
bios 0702 and i don't use jmicron. have you enabled:

Advanced - CPU Configuration - C1E Support - Enabled
Advanced - CPU Configuration - Execute Disable Bit - Enabled

?

Yes, I have those options enabled. I don't know if C1E is needed for SpeedStep to work, but it's working with that option enabled in BIOS and _CST added in DSDT.

redcoke

redcoke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
http://www.insanelym...p...=201134&hl=

HEY OLDNAPALM
Here is my HP i7 notebook aml. can you help me to fix it out? because i only can use the cpus=1 for now.. I wish after you fix it i can get back all the core.

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,813 posts

http://www.insanelym...p...=201134&hl=

HEY OLDNAPALM
Here is my HP i7 notebook aml. can you help me to fix it out? because i only can use the cpus=1 for now.. I wish after you fix it i can get back all the core.

Try using another program to extract the DSDT, EvoDSDTSE saves the dsl file with a space after each character, try to open it with a text editor.
My brother has a C2D that needed "cpus=1" to boot, he used DSDT_Patcher and it fixed the problem.
I read that you just need to remove the CPU aliases to fix it.

redcoke

redcoke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
i try before, but that is getting the same error too.. i use the google to search it out. .but no search answer for it.. so that do you have any solution for it?

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,813 posts

i try before, but that is getting the same error too.. i use the google to search it out. .but no search answer for it.. so that do you have any solution for it?

No, I don't have a solution, but I can take a look if you send me the dsl file saved by other program than DSDTSE. If you open the one you attached with a text editor you will see it's messed up.

afiser

afiser

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
i get TERRIBLE sound with the dsdt patch, im going to go back to voodoo i guess, anyone else get really bad sound?

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,813 posts

i get TERRIBLE sound with the dsdt patch, im going to go back to voodoo i guess, anyone else get really bad sound?

Try to remove IRQs from devices PIC, TMR and RTC0.

Remove the lines:
IRQNoFlags ()
							 {2}
						 IRQNoFlags ()
							 {0}

afiser

afiser

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Try to remove IRQs from devices PIC, TMR and RTC0.

Remove the lines:

IRQNoFlags ()
							 {2}
						 IRQNoFlags ()
							 {0}

thanks for your help, its much appreciated. this still didnt help the problem tho. it seems to be linked with video too because the sound goes really bad when watching video the video starts to lag too.

would you mind telling me ALL the kext's you use and your bootloader? im trying to narrow it down. im really sure its not my dsdt because i booted with out it and voodoohda on and the sound was still a problem.

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,813 posts

thanks for your help, its much appreciated. this still didnt help the problem tho. it seems to be linked with video too because the sound goes really bad when watching video the video starts to lag too.

would you mind telling me ALL the kext's you use and your bootloader? im trying to narrow it down. im really sure its not my dsdt because i booted with out it and voodoohda on and the sound was still a problem.

I use all the kexts listed in the first post ("needed kexts") and Chameleon RC3, with SMproductname set as MacPro3,1 in /Extra/smbios.plist

Are you using my DSDT file or you patched your own?

The audio problem may be related to SpeedStep. Are you using NullCPUPowerManagement? I don't use it, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement works fine with the DSDT patch.

afiser

afiser

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
thanks for the help. i've been dealing with this all day, and i initially i wasn't using nullcpupowermanagment, but then i put it in my extensions folder and my sound works flawlessly now. i think it was because i had speedstep disabled in my bios because i overclock and im guessing the cstates i put in the dsdt were somehow slowing down my cpu to a point where it would not work efficiency im not entirely sure..

to answer your question i patched my own dsdt using your dsdt as a reference. (thanks again for that it was a tremendous help!)

ill try and use your bios settings (speedstep and such) and try and boot without cpupowermanagentdisabler and report back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy