54 replies to this topic

vgevorgyan

vgevorgyan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All,

People I have done what you wrote and it's working.
Only problem that I have that the system starts very slowly and also working very slowly.

Guest hardware:
1 GB RAM
1 2core CPU
16GB HDD

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tatevik

Tatevik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. I tried to install IAtkos in my SONY FW510f laptop.
I followed your instructions.
When i set -v -busratio=7 cpus=1 options on boot IAtkos installatioon started.(Otherwise it says "A virtual CPU has entered the shut down state"). I installed it and after rebooting chameleon is starting but after loading Darwin VMWare says " A virtual CPU has entered the shut down state". In this time -v -busratio=7 cpus=1 options don`t help me. I tried to put in config file guestOS="darwin" at this time VMWare says that i need hardware virtualization host. But my processor is Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 and it does not support hardware virtualization.
Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

ArgVega

ArgVega

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Hi. I tried to install IAtkos in my SONY FW510f laptop.
I followed your instructions.
When i set -v -busratio=7 cpus=1 options on boot IAtkos installatioon started.(Otherwise it says "A virtual CPU has entered the shut down state"). I installed it and after rebooting chameleon is starting but after loading Darwin VMWare says " A virtual CPU has entered the shut down state". In this time -v -busratio=7 cpus=1 options don`t help me. I tried to put in config file guestOS="darwin" at this time VMWare says that i need hardware virtualization host. But my processor is Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 and it does not support hardware virtualization.
Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Did you follow the guide correctly?

Type "cpus -z" to see what ur busratio should be, also did u do all the customizations like the tutorial said?

Reppa

Reppa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Everybody, Hi Jawcl;

i'm a real newbie here i've never tryied to install mac on my pc before, i tried doing it using your tutorial but i'm getting a error message that i can't understand!!
I joined the snapshot i with somebody can help me,

My Hardware config is:
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R ICH10 Family
Core 2 Quad Q9650
ATI Radeon HD 4670

With it's not a problem with my hardware.

Thx in advance for everybody, you're doing a great job.

Attached Files

sagarzz

sagarzz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
well thanks for this post i really appreciate but one thing i dont think the specified hdd size and the ram is neccessary for this to work..it is only the boot commands..
i was able to boot iatkos s3 v2 but my problem is that my mouse wont work i have a acer laptop and the touchpad is also not responsive.. what can i do plz help me anybody or give me the installation shortcut keys..

TehOwnageNoob

TehOwnageNoob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi,
I'm having the same problem as Tatevik; I have managed to install iAtkos on a VM, but the Chameleon bootloader always crashes and gives a "Virtual CPU" error ("...has entered a shutdown state"). I had a look at the boot process in verbose mode, and it shows that the whole boot actually occurs seamlessly, until it actually attempts to start "Darwin x86" and that is when the error occurs. I had a look through these posts and am currently doing as javierbsas did; downgrading the (cloned) workstation to 6.0. I have attachted my verbose mode result:

Thanks in advance,
the1mike1man.

Oh, the host PC's specs are:
AMD Sempron LE-1250 (Eek, I know, but I thought it was worth a shot, I've managed to get this far anyway)
2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7300GS (Again, eek, only 256MB :/)
Oh, and another eek, ASUS M2N VM-DH (JMicron :/)

But, you know, it's all virtualization right :P
Come to think of it, I'm surprised I've got this far, no AMD-V, JMicron and a 2.2GHz Processor, but I suppose that explains the epic fail of trying to install iAtkos direct onto my hard drive (FAIL, FAIL, FAIL.) Anywaaay, I should, SHOULD, be able to get it working on VMware and then make the Virtual disk into physical data, but do you need AMD-V for the OS to run?

UPDATE: After downgrading to Workstation 6.0, nothing. Exactly the same thing happens. Also, I should have said before, but this is just touching on what I asked before; when I load the VM, VMware tells me that the "Host is not capable of Hardware Virtualization" (This is on FreeBSD or 'Other' GuestOS) and that it will use "Software MMU". When the GuestOS is "darwin","darwin-64", or "darwin10-64", VMware produces an error on load: "This Host does not have Hardware Virtualization and Mac OS X is not compatible with Software MMU, so the OS cannot boot". Something along those lines. So I reckon that's my problem, meh, I was going to buy a hexcore anyway. (AMD Phenom II X6 FTW) :P

Never mind, done it. Well, mostly. I can sucessfully get onto Darwin/x86, but now I'm getting a "Still waiting for root device" error, i.e a grey stop sign on the Apple loading screen. I've tried disconnected all the other device and just left the hard drive and I've tried safe mode, but to no avail. Has any else experienced and overcome this problem?
Thanks.

Hossein61

Hossein61

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I tried to install 10.6.3 iAtkos on vmware 7.0 using cpus=1 busratio=7 but after a few seconds a kernel panic error appears :
Posted Image

MY VMX File:

.encoding = "windows-1252"
config.version = "8"
virtualHW.version = "7"
floppy0.present = "FALSE"
mks.enable3d = "TRUE"
pciBridge0.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge4.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge4.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"
pciBridge4.functions = "8"
pciBridge5.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge5.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"
pciBridge5.functions = "8"
pciBridge6.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge6.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"
pciBridge6.functions = "8"
pciBridge7.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge7.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"
pciBridge7.functions = "8"
vmci0.present = "TRUE"
nvram = "Mac OS X.nvram"
virtualHW.productCompatibility = "hosted"
ft.secondary0.enabled = "TRUE"
tools.upgrade.policy = "useGlobal"
powerType.powerOff = "soft"
powerType.powerOn = "hard"
powerType.suspend = "hard"
powerType.reset = "soft"
displayName = "Mac OS X"
extendedConfigFile = "FreeBSD.vmxf"
scsi0.present = "FALSE"
scsi0.sharedBus = "none"
scsi0.virtualDev = "buslogic"
memsize = "768"
scsi0:0.present = "FALSE"
scsi0:0.fileName = "FreeBSD.vmdk"
scsi0:0.writeThrough = "TRUE"
ide1:0.present = "TRUE"
ide1:0.fileName = "j:"
ide1:0.deviceType = "cdrom-raw"
ide1:0.allowGuestConnectionControl = "FALSE"
ethernet0.present = "TRUE"
ethernet0.allowGuestConnectionControl = "FALSE"
ethernet0.features = "1"
ethernet0.wakeOnPcktRcv = "FALSE"
ethernet0.networkName = "HostOnly"
ethernet0.addressType = "generated"
guestOS = "freebsd"
uuid.location = "56 4d 89 45 85 08 e1 1d-bf 68 c4 10 81 f5 3a 74"
uuid.bios = "56 4d 89 45 85 08 e1 1d-bf 68 c4 10 81 f5 3a 74"
vc.uuid = "52 44 cc 9d 83 e5 49 16-69 08 75 93 27 8f f3 f7"
ethernet0.generatedAddress = "00:0c:29:f5:3a:74"
debugStub.linuxOffsets = "0x0,0xffffffff,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0"
scsi0:0.redo = ""
vmotion.checkpointFBSize = "134217728"
pciBridge0.pciSlotNumber = "17"
pciBridge4.pciSlotNumber = "21"
pciBridge5.pciSlotNumber = "22"
pciBridge6.pciSlotNumber = "23"
pciBridge7.pciSlotNumber = "24"
scsi0.pciSlotNumber = "-1"
ethernet0.pciSlotNumber = "32"
vmci0.pciSlotNumber = "33"
ethernet0.generatedAddressOffset = "0"
vmci0.id = "-731531132"
ide0:0.present = "TRUE"
ide0:0.fileName = "FreeBSD.vmdk"
ide0:0.writeThrough = "TRUE"
ide0:0.redo = ""
tools.syncTime = "FALSE"
cleanShutdown = "TRUE"
replay.supported = "TRUE"
replay.filename = ""
ich7m.present = "TRUE"
smc.present = "TRUE"
maxvcpus = "1"
paevm = TRUE

I installed it on my PC successfully (Without VMWare) but I need kext for my VGA & WLan & Sound Card !

My PC Spec:
Core 2 Quad Q8200
Asus P5Q
2x2GB DDR2-1066
250GB SATA2
Radeon HD5850
X-fi Xtreme Music
Linksys WMP54G WLan

Please help me install it on vmware & find kext files for my PC hardware.

a_mad_eus

a_mad_eus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Never mind, done it. Well, mostly. I can sucessfully get onto Darwin/x86, but now I'm getting a "Still waiting for root device" error, i.e a grey stop sign on the Apple loading screen. I've tried disconnected all the other device and just left the hard drive and I've tried safe mode, but to no avail. Has any else experienced and overcome this problem?
Thanks.

Can you please explain how you succesfuly loaded Darvin/x86, I have the exact same problem you had because of an older PC with no hardware virtualization. Thanx

Kshitij

Kshitij

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Excellent post!!
I was able to install iATKOS v_7 on my new HP dm4 Inter i5, 4GB, 500 GB HDD and VMWare Workstation 7.x
However, when i boot using the HDD, i just get the screen with Apple logo and the white spinning wheel.
In VM i can see the HDD light blinking, but it has been like 15 minutes and i haven't got the main screen yet ;).
Any idea what may be wrong or whether i can troubleshoot?

MSoK

MSoK

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Excellent post!!
I was able to install iATKOS v_7 on my new HP dm4 Inter i5, 4GB, 500 GB HDD and VMWare Workstation 7.x
However, when i boot using the HDD, i just get the screen with Apple logo and the white spinning wheel.
In VM i can see the HDD light blinking, but it has been like 15 minutes and i haven't got the main screen yet :wacko: .
Any idea what may be wrong or whether i can troubleshoot?

Sorry to be an evangelist, but if you have this sort of hardware, then go to an Apple store or go to Apple online spent £25, €30 or $35 and buy the latest Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard DVD and use Albert's Unlocker or Donk's darwin iso, links below, and run a completely vanilla OS X under VMware Workstation or Player. Do not get me wrong if you do not have a processor that support VT-x, i.e older Intel or any AMD processor then fine but if you have a current or recent generation Intel processor with VT-x support then the world of OS X can be a much easier and clearer world, end of the advert, thanks for your time, MSoK!

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1186508

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1485873

You will find me monitoring both these forums so if you have the required hardware and choose the Vanilla trail, I and other Geeks, Sages and even Legends will be on hand to help, welcome to the the light side.

Kshitij

Kshitij

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Sorry to be an evangelist, but if you have this sort of hardware, then go to an Apple store or go to Apple online spent £25, €30 or $35 and buy the latest Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard DVD and use Albert's Unlocker or Donk's darwin iso, links below, and run a completely vanilla OS X under VMware Workstation or Player. Do not get me wrong if you do not have a processor that support VT-x, i.e older Intel or any AMD processor then fine but if you have a current or recent generation Intel processor with VT-x support then the world of OS X can be a much easier and clearer world, end of the advert, thanks for your time, MSoK!

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1186508

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1485873

You will find me monitoring both these forums so if you have the required hardware and choose the Vanilla trail, I and other Geeks, Sages and even Legends will be on hand to help, welcome to the the light side.

Okay as suggested by i got retail DVD from Apple store. I used Donk's files and executed "setup.cmd install" as suggested and it successfully copied the files for VMWare Workstation 7. Now, i created an ISO of my retail DVD and use that in my newly created VM. After booting it says, "Operating System Not Found". Any ideas?

MSoK

MSoK

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Okay as suggested by i got retail DVD from Apple store. I used Donk's files and executed "setup.cmd install" as suggested and it successfully copied the files for VMWare Workstation 7. Now, i created an ISO of my retail DVD and use that in my newly created VM. After booting it says, "Operating System Not Found". Any ideas?

OK, probably better to start again using Albert's Unlocker rather than Donk's darwin iso, both work fine but fewer steps with Albert's "Unlocker", and should work without moddifying your VMX file, your error is most likely you have not amended the vmx file correctly or an error in creating the ISO from your retail OS X DVD. So just use the original DVD rather than creating an ISO, as the OS X retail DVD is not compatible with most ISO creation software, other than ImgBurn.

I should have pointed you in the "Unlocker" direction as even Donk uses this method with VMware Workstation, although we need Donk's version for ESXi. Please move any further discussion to the relevant topic either Donk's or Albert's for futher help if you want to continue with the Vanilla solution, as I recommended. We do not want to clutter this worthy topic with unrelated content and upset the residents do we. See you on the light side or should I say the "Vanilla" side, we monitor both Albert's and Donk's topics so will look out for your posts, good luck, pardon the intrusion all you iAtkos users, MSoK!

kdb424

kdb424

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I followed this thread with VMWare Workstation 7 on Windows. Worked pretty well, though I had to change the VM type to Windows NT after installing or I would get an odd panic that wasn't verbose at all.

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Thanks for this. I'm getting the error
A fault has occurred causing a virtual CPU to enter the shutdown state. If this fault had occurred outside of a virtual machine, it would have caused the physical machine to restart. The shutdown state can be reached by incorrectly configuring the virtual machine, a bug in the guest operating system, or a problem in VMware Workstation.

coelna1

coelna1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
!IMPORTANT!
I really don't know why nobody has detected that there is a mistake in his guide! Step 18 is wrong: " 18. Now it will boot, wait for the prompt to come up then click in the screen and press F8. Now type put in -v -busratio=7 cpus=1 or type cpus -z to find out how big the busratio should be."

The statement:"-v -busratio=7 cpus=1" should be "-v busratio=7 cpus=1". The parameter 'busratio' does not need a '-'.

And why the {censored} somebody has to do two {censored} annoying quizzes to correct a wrong guide?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy