10.6.2 + ga-p55-ud3 + core i5

radekge

35 posts in this topic

have you tried with a -f flag?

Hey,

Thanks for reply :], but it doesn't seem to work, what happens is the apple logo shows up and it starts loading, but never ends.. in other words it hangs.. I've tried waiting, over 10min same thing..

Hey,

Thanks for reply :], but it doesn't seem to work, what happens is the apple logo shows up and it starts loading, but never ends.. in other words it hangs.. I've tried waiting, over 10min same thing..

Hey all- I put together a few guides and files at the below link- see if they might solve your issues. Good luck- and don't give up!!

What graphics card are you using, btw? I've used your instructions, but get a blank screen when using the 10.6.2 kernel, no problem when using the qoopz kernel, but I'm trying to figure out if it's due to a kext incompatibility or possibly my dsdt file.

I'm using nVidia GeForce GTX275, with chameleon GraphicsEnabler=y

Hi,

GA-P55-UD3 works great with Core i7 860 under 10.6.2

Search google for Empire Efi 1.08!

Boot, Install from origin DVD, Update to 10.6.2, an Use the integrated Bootloader Installer (pkg very easy)

and then I uses Kexts from another Boot-132 Project to get all running under 64Bit!

The name of the project i don´t remember.

nVidia works with EFI-String, Sound with Voodoo HDA and Network with 64BIT R1000.kext,

DSDT fro RTC and CMOS Fix!

Only the Intel P55 is shown as Unknown AHCI

Konfig:

Ga-P55-UD3 F4i Beta Bios

Core i7 - 860

8 GB DDR-3 1333 (4x2 Kingston)

NVidia 9400GS 512MB

2TB Seagate SATA

LG DVD

greetings from Germany

mistry7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am trying to instal SL on the p55-ud3 with radekge's method.

I am getting "waiting for root device" message before the osx install, i've tried all the sata ports and all the ide/ahci combinations without success.

I have an ide dvd drive, do i need a sata one ? Does anybody installed OSX succesfully on the p55-ud3 with an ide dvd drive ?

Thanks.

My config:

ga-p55-ud3

core i5 750

4gb ocz gold 12800

ATI HD4850

WD Caviar 500 GB Sata2

LG ide DVD drive

Thanks,

Ben

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

just wanted to share my thoughts.

I got vanilla 10.6.2 running on my core i5 and gigabyte ga-p55-ud3 boards. It's fully stable. However, the cpu in "about this mac" is still shown as unknown, as are the P55 based sata and usb controllers. Strange, I thought, the new iMac has EXACTLY the same components, it has to, P55 is for now the only chipset working with core i5.

The mystery was solved when I saw first quadcore iMac benchmarks. Mac OS X 10.6.2 (Build 10C2234), not build 10C540 as we all have. So, they have a custom build. We'll probably have to wait until 10.6.3 for full i5/P55 support.

Real iMac benchmarked with Geekbench scores over 6000. The same my i5 on Windows 7, however on 10.6.2 it scores only 4900. Waiting for the release of 10.6.3....

Would you share your BIOS settings? I have exactly setup as yours. I have my hard drive with Snow Leopard ready to go to be connected to my hackintosh pc. The only thing it bothers me is BIOS settings

• 2 weeks later...
To solve the 'system speed too fast' issue:

Use the modified boot file for P55 boards located here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ak0769

It is a Chameleon RC3 boot file modified for i5 and i7 processors.

There should be no need for any special boot flags with 10.6.2 Vanilla kernel. Good Luck!

Read this thread for any help with P55 boards- lots of info and files: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...6155&st=380

I meant RTC as in "Real Time Clock"- I have patched DSDT for CMOS reset issue. For now the only way to make the system run in 'Real Time" is to use the i5 boot file.

hey i´m sry but i am a noob can you tell me what i have to do with this boot file:D thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guy, i try the method with the Boot CD, echange for the retail dvd (officiel dvd from shop)

Put -v cpus=1 busratio=20

Everything is ok until this screen:

1263882477.JPG

i put AHCI in my bios, hpet enabled in 64 bit mode and everything look alright.

When is the reason mates?

Thanks for the answer

• 3 months later...