How can i get my Broadcom 440x ethernet Working~!!

YOUNGZi

86 posts in this topic

I have the same problem ! I searched in many site and have no solution :

I'm using IBM ThinkCentre A52 D38 Pen D 2.8. Chipset 945G

Nic card : Broadcom 440x integrated and Mac 10.4.10

But I can't connect Internet in this version Mac ! How can I fix it ?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having intermittent connection issues on my Dell Inspiron 6400 using uphuck 10.4.9. The net will work fine for a while and then out of no where the connection just turns into {censored}. For instance I'd normally get download speeds up to 750kB/s and once the problem pops up I get about 3kB/s if any.

Very weird issue. Is there a way to kind of disable the card and then re-enable it ala Windows?

• 3 weeks later...
I am having intermittent connection issues on my Dell Inspiron 6400 using uphuck 10.4.9. The net will work fine for a while and then out of no where the connection just turns into {censored}. For instance I'd normally get download speeds up to 750kB/s and once the problem pops up I get about 3kB/s if any.

Very weird issue. Is there a way to kind of disable the card and then re-enable it ala Windows?

r3volution11 please do not double-post. I understand your frustration, I've spent alot of (office :D ) hours in the past TWO (2) MONTHS trying to operate my Intel WiFi + broadcom ethernet on my stupid Acer laptop. Using uphuck 10.4.9.

Can you tell us if you're using broadcom or wifi? What is the hardware exactly? Based on what I saw on this forum, the Dell wifi is working fine in OSX so dont give up.

I'll try macdotnub solution (http://my.macdotnub.info/), I know he probably didnt do it by himself but if it works it will save me LOTS of time. Macdotnub, if can setup a Paypal on your site, I'd like to donate to you. I encourage anyone to donate to those dedicated forum members that save you alot of efforts; this is how the 'free world' works now.

• 1 month later...

I try all of this tricks to try to solve my problem but not sucessfull..

when I set automatic DHCP, appears a strange IP ADDRESS like 198.184..... and 255.255.255.0

i copy old IONetworkingFamily.kext, IOPCI... AppleBroad....

I chown, chmod, kextload, boot with -f -x and nothing..

The driver works before. After I install 10.4.10 it stops...

any help .?

hi i tried to get my driver for my Broadcom 440x 10/100 i did the following i am using leopard.. I copied IONetworkingFamily.kext to

/System/Library/Extensions/

Then opened a terminal

And typed

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ IONetworkingFamily.kext

sudo kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/ IONetworkingFamily.kext

Then pasted the

following into a Terminal:

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

[This forces the system to re-examine all of the drivers and rematch during the

next boot cycle.]

When I rebooted

I went into System Preferences => Network and it freezes there….ethernet doesn’t work either. What am I doing wrong? Why is network freezing?

Thanx

• 2 weeks later...
hi i tried to get my driver for my Broadcom 440x 10/100 i did the following i am using leopard.. I copied IONetworkingFamily.kext to

When I rebooted

I went into System Preferences => Network and it freezes there….ethernet doesn't work either. What am I doing wrong? Why is network freezing?

Thanx

dont update IONetwork... just add the BCM440x on /Extensions! dl it from this post or my sig

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those with a Dell E1705 and the intel 3945ABG wireless card that have the ethernet, not wireless (it doesnt work), cut out after some time, did you install the kernel with sleep? And, did you remove the driver for the wireless card altogether?

I've reinstalled Kalyway 10.5.2 on my E1705 and I'm running a ton of data through the ethernet. I'm unable to repro it. I'm running vanilla kernel without any wireless drivers. It seems that the wireless driver could be mucking with it, as well as sleep kernel.

I spoke too soon...even without anything the 440x cuts out on my E1705.. any help?

Same Problem here. My Inspiron 9400 ethernet-connection broke up after 15-30 minutes. I have tested all attachments in this thread...that iss so anti-awesome.

Especially cause my Dell Wirless 1490 PCI-Card is not yet there...

Iss there anyone who can help us!?

Thank you VERY MUCH People! :thumbsup_anim:

Same Problem here. My Inspiron 9400 ethernet-connection broke up after 15-30 minutes. I have tested all attachments in this thread...that iss so anti-awesome.

Especially cause my Dell Wirless 1490 PCI-Card is not yet there...

Iss there anyone who can help us!?

Thank you VERY MUCH People! :)

try following the instructions of this link... http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t41663.html

Its plain and simple..it works ok..but with torrents downloading or maybe if the computer is idle for a long time might cause your connection to stall...It requires afterwards rebooting..

I am trying to get some help too...

Hope it helps...

• 1 month later...
try following the instructions of this link... http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t41663.html

Its plain and simple..it works ok..but with torrents downloading or maybe if the computer is idle for a long time might cause your connection to stall...It requires afterwards rebooting..

I am trying to get some help too...

Hope it helps...

I have the same problem.

I have try severals solutions in this topic and after many minutes, the network down

:P:(

• 1 month later...

I found this on the Inspiron guide:

During normal Internet browsing and LAN operations via Ethernet, if you find that your network connection seems to be randomly cutting out, this is because of an incompatibility between the old AppleBCM440XEthernet.kext and the new IONetworkingFamily.kext

I'm having this problem too... I don't really understand what should I do. I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2 on a Dell Inspiron 6400. I downloaded AppleBCM440XEthernet.kext somewhere from InsanelyMac, and tried deleting the IONetworkingFamily.kext and using only AppleBCM440XEthernet, but my network card didn't appear...

So I went back to IONetworkingFamily.kext, which works, but after a while I just lose the network connection...

What should I do?

Thanks-

Any updates on this issue?

I have the same problem.

Running iAtkos V4i 9.4 kernel on an Inspiron 6400.

My Broadcom cuts out within 30 minutes only to be fixed by a reboot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris

so, nobody solve this problem? It is too bad for me.... i have broadcom 440x and intel 3945 in my book. First is not works correctly, for second there are no full worked drivers :thumbsup_anim:(( did anybody try to install older version of mac os x? for example 10.4.x ? Is there any changes with network?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyone got a solution to the boradcom440x ethernet being cut off after sometime....

Ok i'm currently plugging into a linksys router then into my 2WIRE router....and its showing good progress of not being disconnected....except for msn being logged out occasionally....

Hi Guys,

same problem here as well. After 15-30 minutes the Ethernet connection drops and there is nothing I can do to fix it. I plug/unplug the ethernet cable and the DHCP server automatically assigns a stupid IP address something like which is not the one it is supposed to have. I have an

Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX (rev 02)

wireless card. The same problem happens when I give manually the IP address in my office (no DHCP server there).

Does anybody know how to fix this?