GMA4500 Solved Native Resolution!

djhansel

107 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i have installed this kext but my cursor from mouse is not moveing is stucked but the mouse is working i can scroll enter some of the application if you find where is it... some one can help me?

Same problem here. Makes it really hard to do anything.. ;)

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

hi guys, im a kinda noob and i have been following the guide from here http://deviato.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/ch...-gma-version-2/ to see if i can get native 13xx by 7xx resolution on my lenovo ideapad u550 with intel gma 4500. problem is i have no idea what to do based on the information on the page guide. i dont understand how to go about what they are saying to do so i was wondering if someone could break it down for me nice and simple so that i can try the method mentioned. i am sure many people will benefit from a straightforward, simple noob guide for doing this.... thanks in advance

I will be honest when I say this, it took me some time to understand it too until I fully paid attention to what was being done and said. Basically here is what I did:

I have a dual boot set up with Ikatos S3 10.6.3 and Widows 7 on a Toshiba laptop wit GMA4500 graphics. Basically what you have to have is chameleon v2 RC4. If you got chameleon RC4 then you can just download the files from Deviato's site and then replace the boot file on the root of your drive with the boot file in those folders

Here's a fix for the GMA4500, its been out there in different threats but here is what i used in my inspiron 1545 with GMA4500 dev id: 2A42.

Try it and let me know if it works. :)

Now for CI/QE is there any way to start developing a driver for this card since apple is not intending to use it in the future. I don't have any experience making drivers, but if somebody that has a little knowledge on the subject points me in the right direction I'm going to try to get it done...

There's a lot of laptops that use this card and it would be nice to have CI/QE on them.

I almost forgot.... :P

Use the kexthelper to install the kext files and put the DSDT.aml on the root of your drive. reboot with -f flag, and you should have native resolution without any artifacts..

hi guys, i've use this kext for my chinese-brand laptop(it contain T3400, montevina mo-bo, 2gigs ram, x4500mhd), but sometimes i turn on my laptop it shown a single black picture like an old video artifact and it's freeze!! meanwhile the disk still running at the sametime.i had to force shutdown when that happen, currently running in iatkos v7 - normal upgrade to 10.5.8. can anyone fixed it?

ps : sorry for my english :)

• 3 months later...