ATI Radeon HD 4650 - any support QE/CI?

smvalera

123 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

please help!

i have installed SL 10.6.3 and i've got a problem for my video card. i do not installed my hd 4650 card.

if i use the kexthelper b0.7 the SL is DEAD. Kernel panic promptly!!!

I dont know what is the problem.

my os...

snow Leopard 10.6.3 (HOTiSO)

my card:

ATI Radeon HD4650

ID's:

Memory: 512MB

I use the Magic CD, Chamelon RC4 with CD, i boot from these every starting.

I replace the modified X2000 and X4600 kext WITHOUT kexthelper, and i use the disk utility and the repair permission functions, so i don't get kernel panic, but my resolution is ONLY 1152*864 and I not modified, but ive got an error, look this:

"System extension cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/ATI4600Controller.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstall it, or contact the product's vendor for an update."

I get this error message from the X2000kext too... restart, but the resolution is bad: 1152*864 without QE/CI..

My monitor resolution is (DVI input) LG widescreen 1440*900.

The QE/CI does not work!!! And i don't know what is the solution :(

I try many (4-5) possibility, but none work ;)

Please help me, what is the correct solution!

MB: Abit IP-35E, DDR: DDRII 800MHz Kingston 2x1GB, HDD: 160GB SATAII Seagate, VGA: ATI RADEON Sapphire HD4650 512MB GDDR3.

Thank you for the replay!!!

Greetings

Mark from Hungary

You mustn't install kexts with kext helper.

Keep GraphicsEnabler yes and copy kexts to S/L/E then restart, run kext utility than restart

I posted how I got my 4650 to work in 10.6.2 hazards release. I have since updated to 10.6.4. At first I lost the qe/ci. I managed to get it back again but after messing up my system so bad I had to reinstall.

1. Install hazards 10.6.2. under customize I selected the "ATY_init" thingy.

2. Then when all the regular setup stuff is done I installed the 10.6.4 combo update.

3. Then I went to S/L/E and copied the stock "ATI4600Controller.kext" and the "ATIRadeonX2000.kext" to the desktop for editing. Navigated to the "info.plist" file with "text edit" took out all IDs and added mine "0x94981002" to both kexts. Then I reinstalled these modified kexts using "kexthelper"

4. Installed EVOenabler.kext (I found this on kexts .com)

5. Then I ran "kext utility" to be sure.

6. Then I copied "com.apple.Boot.plist" to the desktop. Mine was in the "Extra" folder. Yours may also be in L/P/SC. Then I opened it with "text edit" and added "<key>GraphicsEnabler=y</key>" without quotes. Saved, and replaced the com.apple.Boot.plist file with my modified one.

7. I then plugged in the monitor to a dvi2vga adapter and rebooted. It works beautifully for me.

I posted how i got my 4650 to work in 10.6.2 hazards release. i have since updated to 10.6.4. at first i lost the qe/ci. I managed to get it back again but afte messing up my system so bad I had to reinstall.

Zantac,

A few questions for you...

1. Do you have dual screens working?

2. Do you have the 512 or 1Gb version?

After a lot of research and experimenting with a 1024MB “Club 3D Radeon HD 4650” I have come to the conclusion that a “black screen” apparently means that the framebuffer is set incorrectly. I have tried using Motmot and Shrike with this card and various bootloaders and enablers. If I get the black screen I can still use Screen Sharing form another machine to get a look at what the driver is rendering. So maybe this information is of help to someone.

Guest sincro77
After a lot of research and experimenting with a 1024MB “Club 3D Radeon HD 4650” I have come to the conclusion that a “black screen” apparently means that the framebuffer is set incorrectly. I have tried using Motmot and Shrike with this card and various bootloaders and enablers. If I get the black screen I can still use Screen Sharing form another machine to get a look at what the driver is rendering. So maybe this information is of help to someone.

1 - try different bootloader and or bootfile.

( i use chameleon rc4 -r and i overwrite my "boot file " in the root with whichever on pertains to which output.... port1 or 2 and w2hether or not they are sending a vga signal or a digital dvi signal.

i have been able to get both to work but not together . but i have yet to try 2 dvi-vga converters.

because i only have 1 converter right now.

i thionk maybe if you keep them the same type you may have more likeliness achievibng dual monitors.

or would smbios.plist affect whether or not dual screens is avaiable?

my hackintosh reads "imac 3.1 :" if it were to read "mac pro" maybe it would have dual screen support..

just some random thoughts,. lets pool our ideas and try to get this accomplished.

sincro77

( i use chameleon rc4 -r and i overwrite my "boot file " in the root with whichever on pertains to which output.... port1 or 2 and w2hether or not they are sending a vga signal or a digital dvi signal.

i have been able to get both to work but not together . but i have yet to try 2 dvi-vga converters.

i thionk maybe if you keep them the same type you may have more likeliness achievibng dual monitors.

my hackintosh reads "imac 3.1 :" if it were to read "mac pro" maybe it would have dual screen support..

just some random thoughts,. lets pool our ideas and try to get this accomplished.

sincro77

ps @ g3power

whenever i got to the apple and then it switched to black .. it was because it was configured for digital while i was using vga.. or vice versa.. they have to natch (i think)

sincro77

ps @ g3power

whenever i got to the apple and then it switched to black .. it was because it was configured for digital while i was using vga.. or vice versa.. they have to natch (i think)

JUST USE NVIDIA.. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't managed to get this working, been trying for the last 3 days.

My card is an XFX 4650 1 GB, the same one that's on the compatibility list and should work OOB on 10.6.4. Whenever i've been able to dodge the KP all i'm greeted with is a black screen on boot. Have tried various boot loaders, none has worked. This is what i'm doing:

- Install 10.6.0 retail from USB (myHack).

- Upgrade to 10.6.4 using combo update.

- Use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to make HDD bootable (have tried [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] as well as installing the boot loader and the required kexts manually).

- Modified the 2000 and 4600 kexts, kept only my id (0x94981002).

- Reinstalled kexts with Kext Installer.

- Ran kextutility.

- GraphicsEnabler set to yes in Extra\com.apple.Boot.plist

After that, black screen. If i try to install EvoEnabler i get a kp when running kext utility and the system is dead and have to reinstall.

Any ideas, PLEASE?

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't managed to get this working, been trying for the last 3 days.

My card is an XFX 4650 1 GB, the same one that's on the compatibility list and should work OOB on 10.6.4. Whenever i've been able to dodge the KP all i'm greeted with is a black screen on boot. Have tried various boot loaders, none has worked. This is what i'm doing:

- Install 10.6.0 retail from USB (myHack).

- Upgrade to 10.6.4 using combo update.

- Use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to make HDD bootable (have tried [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] as well as installing the boot loader and the required kexts manually).

- Modified the 2000 and 4600 kexts, kept only my id (0x94981002).

- Reinstalled kexts with Kext Installer.

- Ran kextutility.

- GraphicsEnabler set to yes in Extra\com.apple.Boot.plist

After that, black screen. If i try to install EvoEnabler i get a kp when running kext utility and the system is dead and have to reinstall.

Any ideas, PLEASE?

I have the same card and I have it working 100%. Download lastest Chameleon RC5. Open "ait.c" and change framebuffer reference to "Eulemur". Rebuild it and install to root. Boot into windows and install "GPU-Z" and save your graphics card bios file. Rename it to "1002_9498.rom" and install it in your SL HDD /Extra. Last thing is add "UseAtiROM=Yes" in com.apple.Boot.plist and reboot. should work completely including dual screens!!

I have the same card and I have it working 100%. Download lastest Chameleon RC5. Open "ait.c" and change framebuffer reference to "Eulemur". Rebuild it and install to root. Boot into windows and install "GPU-Z" and save your graphics card bios file. Rename it to "1002_9498.rom" and install it in your SL HDD /Extra. Last thing is add "UseAtiROM=Yes" in com.apple.Boot.plist and reboot. should work completely including dual screens!!

I want to follow up on Svenmike's post.

First let me thank him, he has been helping me privately and I am working to develop a package based on the notes he has given me. Things definitely seem to be looking up. I am using the RC5 version he has built, and for the first time on 10.6.5 I have stable results. Right now I am still stuck with the hardware mirror mode, but on 10.6.5 this is a definite improvement. Now I think what is likely holding me back is an actual ROM for my specific card. Svenmike is using a dual-DVI card and mine is DVI-VGA.

Was hoping to do just a quick Windows install and grab the ROM myself, but can't afford the downtime at this exact moment. I want to ask anyone out there who has either specifically a Diamond Radeon 4650 with DVI VGA and HDMI ports if they have a dual boot Win/Mac system to grab that ROM and post it. Even if you don't have the Diamond specifically, if your card has DVI and VGA rather then DVI and DVI, could you please post your ROM. In either case it must be the 1Gb version of the card, please do not post a 512 ROM!

Was hoping to do just a quick Windows install and grab the ROM myself, but can't afford the downtime at this exact moment. I want to ask anyone out there who has either specifically a Diamond Radeon 4650 with DVI VGA and HDMI ports if they have a dual boot Win/Mac system to grab that ROM and post it. Even if you don't have the Diamond specifically, if your card has DVI and VGA rather then DVI and DVI, could you please post your ROM. In either case it must be the 1Gb version of the card, please do not post a 512 ROM!

Instead of doing a Windows install, just boot with a Linux live disc. I use Ubuntu 10.04. Use this command in Linux terminal:

sudo dd if=/dev/mem of=vbios.dmp bs=65536 skip=12 count=1

That will save the graphics card bios to your home folder with name "vbios.dmp" Then just save it to a USB drive and boot into OS X. Copy the file to your /Extra folder and rename it to "1002_9498.rom". Then reboot and hopefully it works.

p.s. Oddly enough, I recently was trying out new plugins for fakeSMC.kext and got a Kernel Panic before I could even get into single user mode... So I booted into my recovery drive (which does not have my .rom file in it but I am using Eulemur as the framebuffer for the boot file for that drive) and now I get dual screens and full functionality of 4650 card.... Weird! I haven't messed with my recovery drive recently and I used to only get dual screen mirrored on that drive. Somehow I did something and it doesn't make sense.

You should try different framebuffers because that may be your problem.

Man I just want to go back in time and slap myself on the head before I bought this damn video card.

So I did as Svenmike suggested and booted a Ubuntu Live CD. Was able to grab my ROM, installed in Extra, verified it is loading, but STILL stuck in mirror mode.

Svenmike suggested I try to build RC5 using a different framebuffer. Unfortunately not very skiiled at building files from terminal like that and I am failing for some reason. Will do some learning and see if I can figure out WHY my build fails. As usual, will report my results.

Hi. I think i need your help please, because I'm going bananas with this card. I bought this card: ATi (Saphire) Radeon HD 4650 AGP 1 GB for a old computer i have. I'm trying to install iATKOS S3 v2 and everything is fine but i can't get Mac recognize the {censored} card. I used PC EFI as bootloader, also AsevereBLN in other chance. With graphics detection enabled. I edited both kexts, erasing all others IDs and putting mine 0x94951002. And nothing, I tried kexts

I found in kexts.com, also EVOEnabler and nothing. For installing kexts i used kext helper and when i edited the kexts i repairs permissions in all the harddrive. Well do you think i can have a chance to make it work? Thanks, bye.

Hi. I think i need your help please, because I'm going bananas with this card. I bought this card: ATi (Saphire) Radeon HD 4650 AGP 1 GB for a old computer i have. I'm trying to install iATKOS S3 v2 and everything is fine but i can't get Mac recognize the {censored} card. I used PC EFI as bootloader, also AsevereBLN in other chance. With graphics detection enabled. I edited both kexts, erasing all others IDs and putting mine 0x94951002. And nothing, I tried kexts

I found in kexts.com, also EVOEnabler and nothing. For installing kexts i used kext helper and when i edited the kexts i repairs permissions in all the harddrive. Well do you think i can have a chance to make it work? Thanks, bye.

Is that what you entered in as the device id? This card is 0x94981002. Then use the boot file I've attached and make sure you add "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" in com.apple.Boot.plist in your /Extra folder. I have also added my boot.plist as reference so you know exactly how it is entered into the plist.

btw: You need to add the device id to ATI4600Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext and you don't need to erase all other entries. This works with all versions of OS X. No need to use older kext's.

With that card you may need to use a DVI-VGA converter on the DVI port to make it work... not sure though as I have a dual DVI card that works %100.

4650boot.zip

So I have some great news....Thanks to SvenMike for the HUGE amount of assistance he gave me in figuring out this solution. I am now very pleased to say I have a FULLY functioning Radeon 4650, including dual display!

What you will need:

1. OS X 10.6.5

-This will PROBABLY work under 10.6.4, but no guarantees, and I would not expect it to work on 10.6.3 or earlier.

2. DVI to VGA converter

-Well you may or may not need this, but I do.

3. Chameleon RC5

-Use the attached boot file. It was provided to me by Svenmike. I do not know if this is a custom build he created or if he pulled this from the main trunk.

What to do:

1. Add your hardware ID to the ATIRadeonX2000 and ATI4600Controller kexts.

2. Place the boot file (attached) in the root of your boot drive.

3. Edit your com.apple.Boot.plist file in /Extra to include the following syntax

<key>AtiFb</key>

<string>Eulemur</string>

4. Reboot and you should have dual screen working.

Changing frame buffers:

Now even though we all have the same model card, we seem to be using different frame buffers. When I was testing, Svenmike recommended I use these: Start with "Shrike" then "Flicker" then "Cardinal". Now none of those worked for me, but I remember reading notes about the 4650 and Eulemur a while back so I decided to try that one, and sure enough it worked for me.

What I recommend doing is creating multiple copies of your Boot.plist, each with a different frame buffer specified. That way if one fails to work you can either boot in Single User mode or use an install DVD and go to terminal to quickly and easily try to move on to the next.

Again, we all owe a big thanks to Svenmike for helping us finally get our 1 Gb cards working properly!

Is that what you entered in as the device id? This card is 0x94981002. Then use the boot file I've attached and make sure you add "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" in com.apple.Boot.plist in your /Extra folder. I have also added my boot.plist as reference so you know exactly how it is entered into the plist.

btw: You need to add the device id to ATI4600Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext and you don't need to erase all other entries. This works with all versions of OS X. No need to use older kext's.

With that card you may need to use a DVI-VGA converter on the DVI port to make it work... not sure though as I have a dual DVI card that works %100.

Hi. Thank you for your help! I will try first what errandwolfe says but if it doesn't work out I'll try your solution. My graphic card have a ID of 0x9495, that's what system profile says and also Dxdiag in Windows 7. But I'm going try to put that ID too. Thank you so much for your help I'll be informing of the actual state. Bye

Hi. Thank you for your help! I will try first what errandwolfe says but if it doesn't work out I'll try your solution. My graphic card have a ID of 0x9495, that's what system profile says and also Dxdiag in Windows 7. But I'm going try to put that ID too. Thank you so much for your help I'll be informing of the actual state. Bye

JM,

You are correct, 0x9495 is the ID for the AGP version of the 4650. Unfortunately there were quite a few differences just between the PCI-E versions of this card. No idea how much if any of this will apply to the AGP version.

Well I tried everything and I can't get this card to work. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. Maybe because i have an AGP card and you a PCI-Express card. I'll tell you what i'm doing and you tell me if i'm doing something wrong:

- I install iATKOS S3 v2. Bootloader: I tried with AsereBLN v1.1.9, PC_EFI 10.6 and also with Chameleon v2 RC5 but with this last bootloader the OS is unusable, everything becomes incredible slow. Bootloader options: 32 bit boot, Graphics Enablers and Legacy Logo. Patches: Extra Directory, fakesmc, Disabler, RTC, qoopz 10.3.0 kernel (since I have a Intel Prescott processor SSE2/SSE3), EVOReboot. Drivers: VIA SATA/IDE, Apple PS/2, VIA Rhine (for the network card).

- I start the OS the system recognize the card as a PCI of 256 MB with No OpenGL acceleration. I install the combo update of 10.6.5.

- I edit ATIRadeonX2000 and ATI4600Controller kexts, by replacing the info.plist with my ID 0x94951002. I replace the boot file provided by SvenMike, and add the option in com.Apple.Boot.plist as errandwolfe says. Then I run Disk Utility and repair permissions.

That's all I reboot and it's the same. I have and AGP 8x version of this card, with 2 DVI output and 1 S-Video, and I use a DVI-VGA adapter to connect to my 19'' screen. Thank you so much for you help, I'll keep on trying with differents options. Bye!

That's all I reboot and it's the same. I have and AGP 8x version of this card, with 2 DVI output and 1 S-Video, and I use a DVI-VGA adapter to connect to my 19'' screen. Thank you so much for you help, I'll keep on trying with differents options. Bye!

which version of SL you have installed? 10.6 10.6.1..... add your hardware informations here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...rCP&CODE=22

I looked through the source code for Chameleon ATI injection and your card is not listed and thats why it wouldn't work. I have added your device ID and added "Eulemur" as the framebuffer. Not sure if it'll work, especially since I don't know what framebuffer you need. Unfortunately it is a trial and error thing. I have uploaded the compiled "boot" file. If you want the source code I can email it to you (it's too big to upload here.)

1. Rename your current boot file "boot.backup" and leave it where it is.

2. Install the new boot file

3. Reboot and before choosing OS X in Chameleon enter "-v Wait=Yes"

4. Read what is posted when it is loading and see if your card is recognized and the bios is added

5. If it fails to boot or if you get black screen then you need to try different framebuffers. Reboot and type -s and replace the boot file with boot.backup so you can boot again.

If you need help changing the framebuffer then I can help with that but lets cross that bridge when we get there.

BTW: You may want to install the original ATI4600Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext back and then try this method. That way if it doesn't work it will still boot. And if it does work, make sure you have full resolution before replacing the ATI...kext's again.

edited_ATI_Chameleon.zip

Well I reinstalled iATKOS S3 v2 with the same options I have already told you. I updated to 10.6.5 with the combo. Then I installed the new legacy kernel for 10.6.5. Then I replace the boot file. What Chameleon says it's something like this:

ATI VGA Controller [1002:9495] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Not going to use bios image file

Found bios image

Adding binimage to card 9495 from legacy space with size f400

Of course the were more data, but i think that's the one relevant with the card. Then when Mac boots nothing the same thing. I tried putting in Com.Apple.Boot.plist different framebuffers (Shrike, Flicker and Cardinal) and non of these work.

So, for now nothing. What else I can try? Thank you so much for you help anyway. Bye

Well I reinstalled iATKOS S3 v2 with the same options I have already told you. I updated to 10.6.5 with the combo. Then I installed the new legacy kernel for 10.6.5. Then I replace the boot file. What Chameleon says it's something like this:

ATI VGA Controller [1002:9495] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Not going to use bios image file

Found bios image

Adding binimage to card 9495 from legacy space with size f400

Of course the were more data, but i think that's the one relevant with the card. Then when Mac boots nothing the same thing. I tried putting in Com.Apple.Boot.plist different framebuffers (Shrike, Flicker and Cardinal) and non of these work.

So, for now nothing. What else I can try? Thank you so much for you help anyway. Bye

The file I gave you does not use the "AtiFB" option in com.apple.Boot.plist because that was a special file that was written by Kabyl and he has not released the source code for that. For the one that I gave you, you need to manually edit the framebuffer in the source code and then recompile it. To get the lastest Chameleon source code then open terminal and type this : svn co http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chameleon

It will download it to folder /Users/.../chameleon. Then go to .../chameleon/trunk/i386/libsaio and open "ati.c" with xcode. About half way down is a list of the device ID's and the framebuffer assigned to it. Change that to different ones and save.

To compile it open terminal and type:

1. cd /Users/"your computer name here"/chameleon/trunk

2. make clean

3. make embedtheme

You need xcode installed to do this btw. When it is done compiling you can find the new boot file in /Users/.../chameleon/sym/i386

Unfortunately there is no easier method than this (at least that I know of.) I have attached a list of the framebuffers.

One question... When you say "it boots then nothing" what do you mean? Black screen? Boots just fine but no QE/CI?

BTW: It seems like chameleon is loading your card correctly as those are the messages you should get when it injects your card although your problem is due to the wrong framebuffer. You should start with "Motmot" as that one seems to work with most 46XX cards and then try "Flicker" after that.

framebuffers.rtf

Thanks a lot buddy. I'm trying that now. I'll be informing about my progress. When I say nothing i refer to the same, Mac doesn't recognize the card. System Profile says that i have a PCI card of 256 MB with no OpenGL support. Doesn't Xcode come with Mac OS? Thanks. Bye!

I'm downloading now XCode (3 GB) so I'll have to check this later, jeje. Thank you! Bye.

first say thanks to svenmike !!

used the ubuntu disk to extract the ati rom file. (xfx ati 4650 1GB 2 x DVI)

now i installed os x 10.6.5 with tonymax [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 2.4.1 and chameleon RC5 prerelease. (preregrine)

after that i modified the ati4600 and ati2000 kexts with the ID of my card.

put the extracted, renamed rom file to /extra and modified the boot plist for ati rom in extra.

restart !

everything works fine now !! full resolution, and full speed witch cinebench.

so the framebuffer should be right ??? isn't it ??

how can i see if QE/CI ???

but the main problem is now, that the screen keeps black when i wake up from sleep mode !!

what can i do ???

thanks for any help !!

I think I give up. There are no chances to get this card working. Everything is recognized except that {censored} card. I tried with every frame buffer in that list and no one makes the card being recognized. I did like you said SvenMike, I edited ati.c adding the lines, in the framebuffer i changed and saved meanwhile i compiled every boot with different framebuffer, the I tried with every boot file i compiled and everything keeps like always. Mac boots just always fine, but the card is recognized as a PCI of 256 with no OpenGL acceleration. I don't know else what to do.

I attach a example of ati.c file i used. I added three lines with my ID (0x10029495), one with Radeon 4650, other with Radeon 4600 and finally with the framebuffer, that i changed with everyone in that list you offered me.

ati.zip

A strange thing that happens in Windows is the card is not recognized like Radeon HD 4650, it shows Radeon HD 4600 Series, and in Everest the same but says that the GPU is Radeon HD 4670 (RV 730). So I think maybe the AGP version of 4650 comes with a GPU of a 4670 not the 4650 GPU found in the PCI-E edition. But if this is true, the card should work anyway because it's the same method to get both cards working. Right?

Lame that it didn't work! Sorry for the late reply I've been on vacation with family. Honestly I don't have any other suggestions for you. I don't know about compatibility with the AGP card and that might be your problem. You could always buy a new card that is PCIx16 and avoid all the headaches of trying to make that card work. I bought mine for about $70-75 so they don't have to be that expensive. Although I would recommend getting a nvidia card as they are a lot easier to get fully working since all you need to do is edit your DSDT with the NVCAP and it'll work perfectly. I just wish I knew that before I bought this card.

estofan:

Did you change the framebuffer or are you using the same one that your version of Chameleon assigned to your card?

I'm using "Eulemur" and I found that I don't need the ROM file because the problem was only that I was using the wrong framebuffer.

BTW: I also have the same problem with waking from sleep. Although with mine, all the fans come on but it doesn't fully wake since I can't use a VNC client to access my computer. I don't know if it's related to something else or maybe it's the wrong framebuffer... I'll eventually get around to trying all the different boot files and see if any of the others work better.

Hi! I'm so sorry for not writing this before, I was busy with other things in life jeje. I finally get the card recognized, but I still don't have OpenGL support or any different resolution of 1024x768. I feel so stupid because the reason why the card wasn't recognized was a number in the PCI port. I don't know why I didn't realized that before, it was also a option also in iATKOS DVD. I only have to boot with -pci1 flag because the default 0 in my motherboard is not the AGP port.

So now with this option enabled, with the boot of Chameleon RC5 with my device ID, the GPU is recognized as a ATI Radeon HD 4650 Series, with 1024 MB of VRAM, but there is no QE/CI and I'm not allowed to change to a different resolution. I think it's the framebuffer so I'm trying changing with differents one in the boot file, but till today nothing. Mac boots fine and the card is recognized, sometimes with 256 MB and most of the times with 1024 MB depends of the framebuffer i put, but no OpenGL. Everytime I boot in System Profile under PCI category I find the card with a line that says ATY_(Framebuffer). I've already put my device ID into ATI4600Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext and still the same. I've tried so far with Eulemur, Flicker, Shrike, Cardinal, Hypoprion, Motmot, Megalodon, Lamna, Iago and Peregrine but still nothing. Am I doing something wrong or I should keep changing the framebuffers?

Thanks. Bye!