Does your 4650 have 1 Gb or 512 of RAM?

Drakenex

Drakenex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

SIMPLE SOLUTIOOOONN!!!

FIRST UPDATE 10.6.4 (DOWNLOAD BY WWW.APPLE.COM/DOWNLAD)

INSTALL AND NO RESTART! SIMPLE, REINSTALL PC EFI 10.6

RESTART

NOW, EDIT KEXT X2000 HD4600 AGAIN FROM EXTENSION, CLEAR ID'S PUT ONLY YOUR ID!

REINSTALL WITH KEKTHELPER

GO TERMINAL IFIX, RESTART AND...VOILAA!

PD: READ AGIAN BOOT.PLIST CHECK GRAPHICENABLER=YES

THX AGAIN ALL! MY MIND PUT TO WORK!

AHHH MI INGLES APESTA JAJAJAJ y queeeee!!!

yup, I have mine working (XFX 4650 1GB) using that method, QE/CI fully working

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

Usurper of Wilson, King of Prussia

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts

yup, I have mine working (XFX 4650 1GB) using that method, QE/CI fully working

Drakenex,
I understand you have an ATI Radeon HD 4650 w/ 1 GB of RAM working with QE/CI and dual screens? Am I correct? If so can you please provide me with the following information:

1.) Bootloader you are using
2.) Copy of your boot.Plist file
3.) Version numbers of the the X2000 and 4600Controller kext files.

If you have not tested dual-screen or do not have it working then never mind.

Thanks

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
I would like to make a suggestion to everyone. When you post a successful report, include the following inforation.

1.) What version of OS X are you running?

2.) Which version of the card do you have, 512 or 1 Gb?
-1 Gb

3.) Version numbers of ATI kexts being used.
-ATI4600Controller - 1.6.6
-ATIFramebuffer - 1.6.6
-ATIRadeonX2000 - 1.6.18
-ATISupport - 1.6.6

4.) Bootloader being used.
-AsereBLN 1.1.9

5.) Ports you are using
-VGA, DVI (using DVI 2 VGA adapter)

6.) Dual-screen working?
-No, stuck in mirror mode.

Guest: sincro77_*

• Guests

Sincro,
Does your 4650 have 1 Gb or 512 of RAM?

sorry for the long tiime responding..

its a 1gig 600/400 -(800) - i use ati overdrive in ccc and then its 650- 450 (900)

great thing about mac my other cards drivers redetect when i switch over to nvidia/\

\i am only getting dvi port#2 to be digital / single monitor........

certain bootfiles/chameleon efi versions affect what port /adapter i can enable.. so far..ugh. :wacko:

!!!!

who has dual monitors going on the 4650 so i wont have to switch my pcie cards around ..??

sincro77

this is my card....attached jpeg

i dont get mirror mode anymore because if i plug in both ports i get 2 black screens or 1 comes on.

i had mirrored before..but the res was "off" anyways so it didnt mean much . i dont care for mirror mode ever. unless its out to a big tv. ..but even then- id use" theater mode". probably.

so ya lets get this going on,.. we gotta get dual screen 4650hd. this is rediculous.

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
Sincro,
As of this date and time we can not get dual screens working on the 1Gb model of the 4650. There seems to be some fundamental difference between the 512 and 1Gb versions of this card. If you have 512 you can most likely get dual screen. To this date I have not seen a single report of a 1Gb working with dual screen.

• Guests
that sucks ;)

Sincro,
As of this date and time we can not get dual screens working on the 1Gb model of the 4650. There seems to be some fundamental difference between the 512 and 1Gb versions of this card. If you have 512 you can most likely get dual screen. To this date I have not seen a single report of a 1Gb working with dual screen.

markoboy26

markoboy26

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

please help!
i have installed SL 10.6.3 and i've got a problem for my video card. i do not installed my hd 4650 card.
if i use the kexthelper b0.7 the SL is DEAD. Kernel panic promptly!!!
I dont know what is the problem.
my os...
snow Leopard 10.6.3 (HOTiSO)
my card:
ATI Radeon HD4650
ID's:
Memory: 512MB

I use the Magic CD, Chamelon RC4 with CD, i boot from these every starting.
I replace the modified X2000 and X4600 kext WITHOUT kexthelper, and i use the disk utility and the repair permission functions, so i don't get kernel panic, but my resolution is ONLY 1152*864 and I not modified, but ive got an error, look this:
"System extension cannot be used
The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/ATI4600Controller.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstall it, or contact the product's vendor for an update."

I get this error message from the X2000kext too... restart, but the resolution is bad: 1152*864 without QE/CI..

My monitor resolution is (DVI input) LG widescreen 1440*900.
The QE/CI does not work!!! And i don't know what is the solution :(
I try many (4-5) possibility, but none work ;)
Please help me, what is the correct solution!

MB: Abit IP-35E, DDR: DDRII 800MHz Kingston 2x1GB, HDD: 160GB SATAII Seagate, VGA: ATI RADEON Sapphire HD4650 512MB GDDR3.

Thank you for the replay!!!

Greetings
Mark from Hungary

• Guests
mismatched kexts and controller versions cause kp. 1e //1.66 1.6.16 etc.

read my posts... and youll see there are certain versions of these files which cant be in conflict.

77 :P

danietester12

danietester12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
First: Bootloader now: Chameleon rc4 with netkas ati
SL 10.6.4
HD4650 1GB
No white menu, but I want to use AsereBLN 1.1.9, but I only get kernel panics after installation (GraphicsEnabler=yes)

danietester12

danietester12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Hi guys,

please help!
i have installed SL 10.6.3 and i've got a problem for my video card. i do not installed my hd 4650 card.
if i use the kexthelper b0.7 the SL is DEAD. Kernel panic promptly!!!
I dont know what is the problem.
my os...
snow Leopard 10.6.3 (HOTiSO)
my card:
ATI Radeon HD4650
ID's:
Memory: 512MB

I use the Magic CD, Chamelon RC4 with CD, i boot from these every starting.
I replace the modified X2000 and X4600 kext WITHOUT kexthelper, and i use the disk utility and the repair permission functions, so i don't get kernel panic, but my resolution is ONLY 1152*864 and I not modified, but ive got an error, look this:
"System extension cannot be used
The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/ATI4600Controller.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstall it, or contact the product's vendor for an update."

I get this error message from the X2000kext too... restart, but the resolution is bad: 1152*864 without QE/CI..

My monitor resolution is (DVI input) LG widescreen 1440*900.
The QE/CI does not work!!! And i don't know what is the solution :(
I try many (4-5) possibility, but none work ;)
Please help me, what is the correct solution!

MB: Abit IP-35E, DDR: DDRII 800MHz Kingston 2x1GB, HDD: 160GB SATAII Seagate, VGA: ATI RADEON Sapphire HD4650 512MB GDDR3.

Thank you for the replay!!!

Greetings
Mark from Hungary

You mustn't install kexts with kext helper.
Keep GraphicsEnabler yes and copy kexts to S/L/E then restart, run kext utility than restart

zantac105

zantac105

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
 I posted how I got my 4650 to work in 10.6.2 hazards release. I have since updated to 10.6.4. At first I lost the qe/ci. I managed to get it back again but after messing up my system so bad I had to reinstall.

1. Install hazards 10.6.2. under customize I selected the "ATY_init" thingy.

2. Then when all the regular setup stuff is done I installed the 10.6.4 combo update.

3. Then I went to S/L/E and copied the stock "ATI4600Controller.kext" and the "ATIRadeonX2000.kext" to the desktop for editing. Navigated to the "info.plist" file with "text edit" took out all IDs and added mine "0x94981002" to both kexts. Then I reinstalled these modified kexts using "kexthelper"

4. Installed EVOenabler.kext (I found this on kexts .com)

5. Then I ran "kext utility" to be sure.

6. Then I copied "com.apple.Boot.plist" to the desktop. Mine was in the "Extra" folder. Yours may also be in L/P/SC. Then I opened it with "text edit" and added "<key>GraphicsEnabler=y</key>" without quotes. Saved, and replaced the com.apple.Boot.plist file with my modified one.

7. I then plugged in the monitor to a dvi2vga adapter and rebooted. It works beautifully for me.

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts

I posted how i got my 4650 to work in 10.6.2 hazards release. i have since updated to 10.6.4. at first i lost the qe/ci. I managed to get it back again but afte messing up my system so bad I had to reinstall.

Zantac,
A few questions for you...
1. Do you have dual screens working?
2. Do you have the 512 or 1Gb version?

g3power

g3power

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
After a lot of research and experimenting with a 1024MB “Club 3D Radeon HD 4650” I have come to the conclusion that a “black screen” apparently means that the framebuffer is set incorrectly. I have tried using Motmot and Shrike with this card and various bootloaders and enablers. If I get the black screen I can still use Screen Sharing form another machine to get a look at what the driver is rendering. So maybe this information is of help to someone.

• Guests

After a lot of research and experimenting with a 1024MB “Club 3D Radeon HD 4650” I have come to the conclusion that a “black screen” apparently means that the framebuffer is set incorrectly. I have tried using Motmot and Shrike with this card and various bootloaders and enablers. If I get the black screen I can still use Screen Sharing form another machine to get a look at what the driver is rendering. So maybe this information is of help to someone.

1 - try different bootloader and or bootfile.
( i use chameleon rc4 -r and i overwrite my "boot file " in the root with whichever on pertains to which output.... port1 or 2 and w2hether or not they are sending a vga signal or a digital dvi signal.

i have been able to get both to work but not together . but i have yet to try 2 dvi-vga converters.
because i only have 1 converter right now.

i thionk maybe if you keep them the same type you may have more likeliness achievibng dual monitors.

or would smbios.plist affect whether or not dual screens is avaiable?
my hackintosh reads "imac 3.1 :" if it were to read "mac pro" maybe it would have dual screen support..

just some random thoughts,. lets pool our ideas and try to get this accomplished.

sincro77

( i use chameleon rc4 -r and i overwrite my "boot file " in the root with whichever on pertains to which output.... port1 or 2 and w2hether or not they are sending a vga signal or a digital dvi signal.

i have been able to get both to work but not together . but i have yet to try 2 dvi-vga converters.

i thionk maybe if you keep them the same type you may have more likeliness achievibng dual monitors.

my hackintosh reads "imac 3.1 :" if it were to read "mac pro" maybe it would have dual screen support..

just some random thoughts,. lets pool our ideas and try to get this accomplished.

sincro77

ps @ g3power

whenever i got to the apple and then it switched to black .. it was because it was configured for digital while i was using vga.. or vice versa.. they have to natch (i think)

sincro77

ps @ g3power

whenever i got to the apple and then it switched to black .. it was because it was configured for digital while i was using vga.. or vice versa.. they have to natch (i think)

JUST USE NVIDIA.. LOL

hacktek

hacktek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I haven't managed to get this working, been trying for the last 3 days.

My card is an XFX 4650 1 GB, the same one that's on the compatibility list and should work OOB on 10.6.4. Whenever i've been able to dodge the KP all i'm greeted with is a black screen on boot. Have tried various boot loaders, none has worked. This is what i'm doing:

- Install 10.6.0 retail from USB (myHack).
- Upgrade to 10.6.4 using combo update.
- Use ##### to make HDD bootable (have tried ##### as well as installing the boot loader and the required kexts manually).
- Modified the 2000 and 4600 kexts, kept only my id (0x94981002).
- Reinstalled kexts with Kext Installer.
- Ran kextutility.
- GraphicsEnabler set to yes in Extra\com.apple.Boot.plist

After that, black screen. If i try to install EvoEnabler i get a kp when running kext utility and the system is dead and have to reinstall.

Any ideas, PLEASE?

Svenmike

Svenmike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

I haven't managed to get this working, been trying for the last 3 days.

My card is an XFX 4650 1 GB, the same one that's on the compatibility list and should work OOB on 10.6.4. Whenever i've been able to dodge the KP all i'm greeted with is a black screen on boot. Have tried various boot loaders, none has worked. This is what i'm doing:

- Install 10.6.0 retail from USB (myHack).
- Upgrade to 10.6.4 using combo update.
- Use ##### to make HDD bootable (have tried ##### as well as installing the boot loader and the required kexts manually).
- Modified the 2000 and 4600 kexts, kept only my id (0x94981002).
- Reinstalled kexts with Kext Installer.
- Ran kextutility.
- GraphicsEnabler set to yes in Extra\com.apple.Boot.plist

After that, black screen. If i try to install EvoEnabler i get a kp when running kext utility and the system is dead and have to reinstall.

Any ideas, PLEASE?

I have the same card and I have it working 100%. Download lastest Chameleon RC5. Open "ait.c" and change framebuffer reference to "Eulemur". Rebuild it and install to root. Boot into windows and install "GPU-Z" and save your graphics card bios file. Rename it to "1002_9498.rom" and install it in your SL HDD /Extra. Last thing is add "UseAtiROM=Yes" in com.apple.Boot.plist and reboot. should work completely including dual screens!!

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts

I have the same card and I have it working 100%. Download lastest Chameleon RC5. Open "ait.c" and change framebuffer reference to "Eulemur". Rebuild it and install to root. Boot into windows and install "GPU-Z" and save your graphics card bios file. Rename it to "1002_9498.rom" and install it in your SL HDD /Extra. Last thing is add "UseAtiROM=Yes" in com.apple.Boot.plist and reboot. should work completely including dual screens!!

I want to follow up on Svenmike's post.

First let me thank him, he has been helping me privately and I am working to develop a package based on the notes he has given me. Things definitely seem to be looking up. I am using the RC5 version he has built, and for the first time on 10.6.5 I have stable results. Right now I am still stuck with the hardware mirror mode, but on 10.6.5 this is a definite improvement. Now I think what is likely holding me back is an actual ROM for my specific card. Svenmike is using a dual-DVI card and mine is DVI-VGA.

Was hoping to do just a quick Windows install and grab the ROM myself, but can't afford the downtime at this exact moment. I want to ask anyone out there who has either specifically a Diamond Radeon 4650 with DVI VGA and HDMI ports if they have a dual boot Win/Mac system to grab that ROM and post it. Even if you don't have the Diamond specifically, if your card has DVI and VGA rather then DVI and DVI, could you please post your ROM. In either case it must be the 1Gb version of the card, please do not post a 512 ROM!

Svenmike

Svenmike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Was hoping to do just a quick Windows install and grab the ROM myself, but can't afford the downtime at this exact moment. I want to ask anyone out there who has either specifically a Diamond Radeon 4650 with DVI VGA and HDMI ports if they have a dual boot Win/Mac system to grab that ROM and post it. Even if you don't have the Diamond specifically, if your card has DVI and VGA rather then DVI and DVI, could you please post your ROM. In either case it must be the 1Gb version of the card, please do not post a 512 ROM!

Instead of doing a Windows install, just boot with a Linux live disc. I use Ubuntu 10.04. Use this command in Linux terminal:

sudo dd if=/dev/mem of=vbios.dmp bs=65536 skip=12 count=1

That will save the graphics card bios to your home folder with name "vbios.dmp" Then just save it to a USB drive and boot into OS X. Copy the file to your /Extra folder and rename it to "1002_9498.rom". Then reboot and hopefully it works.

p.s. Oddly enough, I recently was trying out new plugins for fakeSMC.kext and got a Kernel Panic before I could even get into single user mode... So I booted into my recovery drive (which does not have my .rom file in it but I am using Eulemur as the framebuffer for the boot file for that drive) and now I get dual screens and full functionality of 4650 card.... Weird! I haven't messed with my recovery drive recently and I used to only get dual screen mirrored on that drive. Somehow I did something and it doesn't make sense.

You should try different framebuffers because that may be your problem.

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
Man I just want to go back in time and slap myself on the head before I bought this damn video card.

So I did as Svenmike suggested and booted a Ubuntu Live CD. Was able to grab my ROM, installed in Extra, verified it is loading, but STILL stuck in mirror mode.

Svenmike suggested I try to build RC5 using a different framebuffer. Unfortunately not very skiiled at building files from terminal like that and I am failing for some reason. Will do some learning and see if I can figure out WHY my build fails. As usual, will report my results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy