where can i get snow leopard full..?

Mac User 317

8 posts in this topic

The $29 version is only a upgrade for leopard.

The "real" full version is in the Mac Box Set for users with tiger or no version of osx.

Maybe you're violating some licensing rules, but...my friend upgraded his Tiger install to Snow Leo using the $29 version. Works perfectly and he says it "feels like i bought a new macbook"

:)

The $29 version is only a upgrade for leopard.

The "real" full version is in the Mac Box Set for users with tiger or no version of osx.

In reality the $29 Snow Leopard update is a full version OS. It will clean install from scratch OSX on a system that is compatible.

Also the Family Pack is the same as the regular Snow Leopard upgrade (the disks have the exact same serial number).

The reason Apple put forth that whole "You Need the Box Set Thing" is because Jobs cannot fathom someone getting use out of a Mac without iLife apps, and if you have Tiger then your iLife from 06 or whatever won't work with Snow Leopard.

If you are like me and you think that the iLife set was designed for and by teenagers, then just get the regular version of Snow Leopard and do what you want to do....