[GUIDE] Snow Leopard 10.6 Retail on Abit IP35-E

Arial

84 posts in this topic

I get a Install Failed message when attempting to install in step 3. Is that normal? It says "The installer could not install some files in "/Volumes/Snow". Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I'm also getting the bootloader conflict or mislead Extension.mkext KP when I attempt to boot. My HD is setup up with GUID, it's in SATA port 1, the Snow partition is the top most partition, and my UUID appears to be set correctly.

I get a Install Failed message when attempting to install in step 3. Is that normal? It says "The installer could not install some files in "/Volumes/Snow". Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I'm also getting the bootloader conflict or mislead Extension.mkext KP when I attempt to boot. My HD is setup up with GUID, it's in SATA port 1, the Snow partition is the top most partition, and my UUID appears to be set correctly.

same here, how you solve it?

same here, how you solve it?

I didn't solve it; I've read on other threads that install failed isn't necessarily a problem. I just want to find out if it is the case for our specific motherboard. I continue with the rest of the steps as if it installed correctly. What I'm really interested in solving is the kernel panic that is posted in the first post. I get as far as booting with -x32 -s but then it KP's before I can enter in "update_dyld_shared_cache exit". Unless I'm supposed to do that on the same line as the -x32 -s THEN hit enter to boot.

Which partition are you guys installing the EFI 10.1 onto? Leopard or Snow Leopard?

finally, I get all thing done.

first, I uncheck the printer installation option and language translation options to avoid install failed.

second, I did not install bootloader coming with the arial's package. I install chameleon2.0rc4 instead.

then update 10.6.3, the trick part is you need run post-install again after update.

right now, every thing is ok except the sleep problem.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't read all this, and I'm not even interested in running a Mac OS on my IP35-E, but I accidentally found this thread/page, and I think I can help you with your AHCI issue, although you seem to already have a solution..

As AHCI is in fact only disabled by the BIOS on ICH9 base non-raid boards, it is possible to modify the BIOS and activate AHCI mode. I did so and it works great on my linux PC.

I don't know if this is really helpful as I'm not sure what you are exactly doing here, but I'll attach the modified BIOS file. I'm also not sure if I'm allowed to do so, but I'll do it anyway :(

Use it on your own risk, I don't think there should be anything to go wrong though. You'll need a bootable CD/USB-stick/floppy with some DOS on it, I used FreeDOS.

Have fun, I hope it helps.

ip35e_beta18_ahci_.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I spent a lot of time fighting with the audio for our board tonight (running 10.6.3 and 10.6.4). I recently upgraded to a GT220 graphics card (my 8600 GT got fried in a thunderstorm). The support sucked in 10.6.0 and 10.6.1, but works great with CI/QE working out of the box in 10.6.3 and above.

I used the kexts attached in the first post to recognize the audio, but it did not actually work for me. I saw the audio outputs in the volume menu, and I could make the "internal speaker" make a sound, but nothing else.

After some Googling, I stumbled across this post, gave it a whirl, and it worked. The audio is pretty quiet, but it's a decent interim solution.

Hopefully this helps somebody. Anybody have a better solution?

• 4 months later...

Sorry to wake up the age-old post, but has anyone figured out how to make this board sleep?

And to anyone who has issues of endless reboot, make sure you fix permissions and rebuild mkexts on a 10.6 machine. You can use myhack/pfix to automate this.

• 1 month later...
Sorry to wake up the age-old post, but has anyone figured out how to make this board sleep?

And to anyone who has issues of endless reboot, make sure you fix permissions and rebuild mkexts on a 10.6 machine. You can use myhack/pfix to automate this.

I think if we were able to fix our DSDT's from the Gigabyte P35 thread there might be hope since they were able to do it. However I'm not good enough to figure all that out. I'm just happy we can shutdown/restart properly unlike my M1330 which can't do that.