GA P35 DS3(R) Help wanted

theotheo

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I left the OSX scene at about 10.5.4. At that point I got my P35 DS3R fully working with software raid. Since SL is out I thought I'd pick it up again but it seems everything has changed. I used to get a modified dvd from a torrent site, put it in, select my hardware and done.

Can anyone help me install SL on a P35 DS3-R. I can't even get the dvd to boot :(

i think i can help you, i have a gigabyte ga-p35-ds3r (rev 2.0, bios f13) too and got snow leopard working on it. I created a DSDT.aml with sound (ALC889a) , cmos fix, network realtek 8168 (AppleRTL8169 says IORegistryExplorer) based on the bios file f13 from the gigabyte website.

I created a folder with everything i used to got this working (files, guides), i don't know if i am allowed to share it because i have not always written the names of the guide-posters in the files/filenames/foldernames (i created the "compilation" for myself). I do not want to take the credit for others work without mention their names.

i haven't solved the boot problem of the dvd till now, i installed it using my os x 10.5.7 version (followed blackosx guide)

i think i can help you, i have a gigabyte ga-p35-ds3r (rev 2.0, bios f13) too and got snow leopard working on it. I created a DSDT.aml with sound (ALC889a) , cmos fix, network realtek 8168 (AppleRTL8169 says IORegistryExplorer) based on the bios file f13 from the gigabyte website.

I created a folder with everything i used to got this working (files, guides), i don't know if i am allowed to share it because i have not always written the names of the guide-posters in the files/filenames/foldernames (i created the "compilation" for myself). I do not want to take the credit for others work without mention their names.

i haven't solved the boot problem of the dvd till now, i installed it using my os x 10.5.7 version (followed blackosx guide)

i have the exact same board as you and am on 10.5.4

i have a geforce fxf 7600gt 512mb video card

i have a retail copy of SL that i installed on my macbookpro that is on a jump drive partition. that installed fine.

any help would be great man?

http://rapidshare.com/files/275197320/DSDT.aml

this is my DSDT.aml which i created myself and worked for me...

GA-P35-DS3R (Rev 2.0, bios f13)

included in DSDT.am is the support for Network and Sound, mentioned in my last post, 8600gts 256mb graphicadapter

get the "ALC889a.kext"

from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p=1229762 (post388)

you need just the attachement, the changes in DSDT.aml mentioned in post 388 are already made.

• 7 months later...

hey guys. I have a GA-P35-DS3R, not sure which revision, but bios f13.

tried installing snow leopard. had some issues b/c AHCI has to be enabled in my already installed VISTA HDD that was installed with BIOS defaults (AHCI NOT ENABLED!) needless to say this causes a BSOD when vista tries to load. Registry fixes can be applied to fix this.

So i can get into OSX installation. but i have a Raid 0 Array for my D:\ drive that i can't get to show up.

Is RAID not AHCI? does this mean there is no way to get the drives to appear in OSX?

• 4 months later...
http://rapidshare.com/files/275197320/DSDT.aml

this is my DSDT.aml which i created myself and worked for me...

GA-P35-DS3R (Rev 2.0, bios f13)

included in DSDT.am is the support for Network and Sound, mentioned in my last post, 8600gts 256mb graphicadapter

get the "ALC889a.kext"

from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p=1229762 (post388)

you need just the attachement, the changes in DSDT.aml mentioned in post 388 are already made.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but can someone re-post this DSDT.aml file? The file is no longer on the rapidshare server. I am building a 2nd hackintosh with this same exact board and bios and it would help me a lot! Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but can someone re-post this DSDT.aml file? The file is no longer on the rapidshare server. I am building a 2nd hackintosh with this same exact board and bios and it would help me a lot! Thanks.

+1 , Pleeeeeeeeeaaaasseeeeeeeee :P

DSDT Auto-Patcher GA P35-DS3R

DSDT_Auto_Patcher_GA_P35_DS3R.zip

EXTRAS

EXTRAS.zip

1-copy de folder Extra to HD

2-install Chameleon RC5

3-prepare your DSDT, use DSDT Auto-Patcher GA P35-DS3R

4-copy the DSDT to the folder Extra

reboot

-v

see if the sound works