• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Kevin87

Kevin87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Has anyone gotten NTFS-3G to work. My ntfs drive wont mount and I need it badly. If anyone has figured it out please let me know.

snyder9

snyder9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Haven't tried ntfs-3g but I have installed Paragon NTFS 7.0.2
However, it will only mount for me in 32 bit mode.

Kevin87

Kevin87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Hmm thats interesting. I will try 32 bit mode. Will I see a big slowdown if I am running the system in 32bit?

afiser

afiser

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
macfuse, which is a program ntfs3g installs along side it, hasn't been ported to work with -x64 mode yet. got to wait for it. however -x32 works fine. and you most likely wont see any noticeable difference between the two.

Brewers

Brewers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

macfuse, which is a program ntfs3g installs along side it, hasn't been ported to work with -x64 mode yet. got to wait for it. however -x32 works fine. and you most likely wont see any noticeable difference between the two.

MacFUSE very well was released for SL, including x64 mode. Read http://code.google.c.../wiki/CHANGELOG

But afaik, ntfs-3g isn't available for x64 right now, so still no write access to ntfs drives :)

Kevin87

Kevin87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
OK so I am now booting into 32 bit and it works just fine. Was doing some tests and it seems that they system is running exactly the same.

One thing I found very interesting is that I get about 1000 points higher in geek bench in 10.6 then I did in 10.5.8 with the exact same system. After looking into some more of the details it seems that snow leopard is handling video a lot better.

Has anyone else seen a different in scores. This really excites me because I do see a huge performance increase from 10.5.8 on my hackintosh.

On my macbook however, I have noticed that it is about the same. I score almost the same with geek bench as I did before in 10.5.8. It just seems strange to me to see such a huge increase in speed in one computer but not anything in the other. I am guessing that because my macbook has integrated graphics it doesnt use opencl.

afiser

afiser

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

MacFUSE very well was released for SL, including x64 mode. Read http://code.google.c.../wiki/CHANGELOG

But afaik, ntfs-3g isn't available for x64 right now, so still no write access to ntfs drives :unsure:

that was back in december of last year, its obviously out of date

read this from an official ntfs-3g developer.

http://tuxera.com/fo...f64e3fc74f09191

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy