• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

penguingt

penguingt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Well after lurking for a while, I decided to register just so I could download the needed file and also say a big THANK YOU!!! Volume control works fine now, I am very happy...it was the one issue that really bugged me with my 10.6.3 Dell XPS 9000. :|

So a big thank you to everyone who helps out the noob, it is much appreciated!

ktbos

ktbos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I needed to make this change too but I found that it made the volume too low. I got a copy of the source from another branch and made a change similar to what was suggested here. I modified and added the following line
mDevice->audioCtlOssMixerSet(pcmDevice, SOUND_MIXER_PCM, newValue, newValue);
in VoodooHDAEngine.cpp in the volumeChanged method - right before the "break;" that comes after the "case SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME". For my card, it turned out that the device that needed to be changed was SOUND_MIXER_PCM, not SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME. I'm sure that's not exactly the right way to do it either, but it does have close to the right effect. It's not perfect because the volume is still too low but it's good enough. Here's my kext: Attached File  VoodooHDA.kext.zip   156.1KB   538 downloads

hpdv6lover

hpdv6lover

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

I needed to make this change too but I found that it made the volume too low. I got a copy of the source from another branch and made a change similar to what was suggested here. I modified and added the following line

mDevice->audioCtlOssMixerSet(pcmDevice, SOUND_MIXER_PCM, newValue, newValue);
in VoodooHDAEngine.cpp in the volumeChanged method - right before the "break;" that comes after the "case SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME". For my card, it turned out that the device that needed to be changed was SOUND_MIXER_PCM, not SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME. I'm sure that's not exactly the right way to do it either, but it does have close to the right effect. It's not perfect because the volume is still too low but it's good enough. Here's my kext: Attached File  VoodooHDA.kext.zip   156.1KB   538 downloads

Thanks. Your kext solved my problems with the sound after the sleep. And now the sound is higher than before. I suggest you to download the Vodoo HDA prefpane and voodoo HDA Helper because in the prefpane you can make the volume even higher (from 80% to 100% of the sound in windows). There is one other annoying problem: the mute doesn't work. In the previous kext was fixed by pcrew. Do you know how to fix it? Can you do it?
@pcrew: please explain how you fixed the mute problem

n8210

n8210

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Mobo: Asus P7P55 LX with VIA VT1708S. I can get sound using ##### VoodooHDA 0.2.61 & AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback. but without volume control on my keyboard. Have tried the 64 bit kext on page 2 but it does not work. I get no sound if I use that kext. What should I do?

Very strange. I boot into 32 bit to test something out and then back into 64 bit and now it works. I can control the volume with my keyboard buttons. Thanks guys.

LorenzVee

LorenzVee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks!

You did a perfect job!

dlambert

dlambert

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Hacking
Thanks

Jedis

Jedis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I tried using this. When placing it into /S/L/E, it breaks my sound so it doesn't work at all.

I tried putting it in /E/E and same thing.

So I tried reinstalling VoodooHDA from their website, but my system gives the circle with a line through it while booting and never loads into the OS. I ended up booting from the OSX installation dvd and, using Terminal, was able to copy back the VoodooHDA.kext from my backup. The system then booted normally.

Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy