• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

elnino

elnino

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Does volume control working on digital out (SPDIF)?

ressay flex

ressay flex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

sorry, my mistake. The upload must have gone wrong.
A new try.

now it is compiled for 32bit and 64bit, tested on 64bit (well that is when the file is more than 0kb :-))

When it is again 0KB, let me know and point me to a place where I can share files.
HB.

PS:
the files to change are VoodooHDADevice.cpp (and .h) and VoodooHDAEngine.cpp

- the gmixerSetDefaults method is a new method for class VoodooHDADevice. So add a method to the header file (VoodooHDA.h) and copy-paste the method from pcrew in VoodooHDADevice.cpp

- find in VoodooHDAEngine.cpp the method volumeChanged(.......) and copy-paste the volumeChanged method from pcrew in the file.

Thanks for the kext! it seems to fix my internal mic on my Dell M6400 and seems like Volume control works now. i am on 10.6.1 running in 64bit mode.

i do have one issue tho... i get a Kernel Panic booting normally, i have to boot with a -f flag to get my machine to boot. any idea as to what might be going on here?

thanks!

dooky

dooky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I dont know it was working for me 2 weeks ago. I have played with the sleep in my Latitude E6400 and now it doesn't work. I've downloaded the version1 and version2 as well, but none of them is working.

I have a feeling that something else is wrong, can you please check my kexts to see where is the mistake? I think I have a dependency missing or something like this.
Attached File  kexts.rtf   11.24KB   119 downloads

Thanks!

KyleBS

KyleBS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you for this. It works perfect in 32 bit Snow for me. Keep up the awesome work! :(

allenwkk

allenwkk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
I tried the 32/64 bit version and it works on volume control and my mic is working too (I am running in 32 bit mode only)

audio : sigmatel 9220.

great work

christina

christina

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 47 posts

I dont know it was working for me 2 weeks ago. I have played with the sleep in my Latitude E6400 and now it doesn't work. I've downloaded the version1 and version2 as well, but none of them is working.

I have a feeling that something else is wrong, can you please check my kexts to see where is the mistake? I think I have a dependency missing or something like this.
Attached File  kexts.rtf   11.24KB   119 downloads

Thanks!

Sleep is known for messing up sound drivers severely

Thanks to HBellens for compiling it for 64 bit.

JohnEisenheim

JohnEisenheim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Works great on DV3550el with 10.6.2!!! Thanks!

ajstrobus

ajstrobus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Works on HP DV7-1025nr with IDT audio & SL 10.6.2, Only issue is that the volume goes from 0 to full only in the last half of bars of volume control. This would be the best driver EVER if it used the full range. But Thank you for your work on this & Amazing progress in a short time.. :)

FabianC

FabianC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Just noticed something interesting, after pressing the mute button on my keyboard or checking the box under System Preferences / Sound, it works and sound goes off as you would expect, however when I uncheck the Mute box / press the button again, there is no sound, I have to toggle the volume up/down to get it back. Is this expected and if not, does anyone know how to fix it?

Running on an Asus P5Q Pro Turbo.

Thanks!

goila

goila

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

sorry, my mistake. The upload must have gone wrong.
A new try.

now it is compiled for 32bit and 64bit, tested on 64bit (well that is when the file is more than 0kb :-))

When it is again 0KB, let me know and point me to a place where I can share files.
HB.

PS:
the files to change are VoodooHDADevice.cpp (and .h) and VoodooHDAEngine.cpp

- the gmixerSetDefaults method is a new method for class VoodooHDADevice. So add a method to the header file (VoodooHDA.h) and copy-paste the method from pcrew in VoodooHDADevice.cpp

- find in VoodooHDAEngine.cpp the method volumeChanged(.......) and copy-paste the volumeChanged method from pcrew in the file.

mute not working on dv5

christina

christina

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 47 posts

Just noticed something interesting, after pressing the mute button on my keyboard or checking the box under System Preferences / Sound, it works and sound goes off as you would expect, however when I uncheck the Mute box / press the button again, there is no sound, I have to toggle the volume up/down to get it back. Is this expected and if not, does anyone know how to fix it?

Running on an Asus P5Q Pro Turbo.

Thanks!

To restore volume on unmute I need to know it's previous value (before mute). I should store it somewhere and then re-allocate it on unmute.

Sorry if the above stuff didn't make sense

goila

goila

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I could not mute function

FabianC

FabianC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

To restore volume on unmute I need to know it's previous value (before mute). I should store it somewhere and then re-allocate it on unmute.

Sorry if the above stuff didn't make sense

Yup, that makes sense!

dr.vox

dr.vox

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Can this please be done for VoodooHDA 0.2.2?
I tried 0.2.1 but there's no support for my audio in 0.2.1, it's new to 0.2.2... so I'd really appreciate it if someone could make a 0.2.2 version. :)

rachaf

rachaf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
new version of voodoohda by slice here: http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=355
-->the good:
- no more sleep problem. Sound is good after wake.
- automatic change names while autodetect in Leo. Strange, but in Snow names will be changed only after close/open sound prefs.
- no kernel panic at start. But...
- corrected startup volumes
- some minor fixes

-->the bad: (i have hp dv5 (idt))
MAX/MIN/MUTE not WORK in this version

-->can someone fix it, please?

thanks in advance and sorry for my english

Serkan

Serkan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
is there any way to just patch a given kext with your mod? your kext does not work for me, but the one that works doesn't allow me to control the volume via hotkeys or volume control on the task bar.

ihack321

ihack321

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I downloaded the VoodooHDA kext, but I cannot install it. (I don't know how to do it via the terminal, so I'm using Kext Utility), and it says: Packing new "Extensions.mkext" ...
Sorry, could not create "Extensions.mkext"

Can anyone help me? I would really like to be able to control my sound!!

Thanks in advance.

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
hi pcrew,
could you post a more recent version of such modified VoodooHDA based on latest voodooHDA_256 taken from projectosx forum ? http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=483
This VoodooHDA has better support of all codecs or if you find an even better VoodooHDA than that can you please update this PCM-to-Volume modification to it ?
Thanks!
Mal

*UPDATE*

I modified and compiled it by myself with such modifications for Snow Leopard 32/64 bit. It's based on voodooHDA.kext version .256 .

*UPDATE*

...same for version .261 . It show as 260, just cosmetic , like in unmodified voodooHDA .261, but trust me: it's based on latest voodooHDA 261.

I try to keep it updated as soon as new and improved VoodooHDA versions will be out. The new 261 version gives me less kernel panics at startup. It seems a lot better here that 256 version that crashed sometimes while booting.

I tested on my hp laptop and it works. It works on all devices that have a "digital" volume control (not an "analog"/mechanic one like in toshiba A100 and similars) and on all devices where pcmDevice slider (in voodooHDA pref pane) acts on VolumeControl.

In the future (when i will have some time) I will try to improve it to have a smoother volume control(not reactive just after the first half of the cursor).

Please give me feedback for it if it works or not for you.

Thanks,
Mal

Attached Files

djouija

djouija

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Both the 32 bit version on the first page and that 64/32 bit version do not change anything for me on my Toshiba Satellite A100 -- The volume control / slider does not adjust the volume at all when changed, the output is always maxed.

It has the Realtek ALC861 soundcard, and I have a copy of the linux codec dump if someone requests it :(

Any help is appreciated.

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Toshiba Satellite A100 has a hardware mechanical volume control if i am not wrong, hasn't it ? Have you got a wheel that ends and starts or is it an "endless" wheel?
Mal

Both the 32 bit version on the first page and that 64/32 bit version do not change anything for me on my Toshiba Satellite A100 -- The volume control / slider does not adjust the volume at all when changed, the output is always maxed.

It has the Realtek ALC861 soundcard, and I have a copy of the linux codec dump if someone requests it :P

Any help is appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy