• Please log in to reply
1148 replies to this topic

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

OK, this time, I tried your org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist. created an UUID and used it in the boot.plist. also tried graphicsenabler=yes, but placing it to org.chameleon.boot.plist causes my SL system to panic (You need to restart your computer screen). Do you have any idea why this happens?

anyways, i entered graphicsenabler=yes thru chameleon while booting from my usb stick, but it still stays stuck at the dsmos has arrived + nvethernet stuff. As I used legacy kexts for ACPIPlatform & IOPCIFamily, I'm thinking this might be related to that since there are some people who said they are stuck at dsmos has arrived after using legacy kexts. (haven't seen any solutions for that specific case, though)

-v should show issues while booting.
makes it easier to not guess.

aliveli123

aliveli123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

-v shoudl show issues while booting.
makes it easier to not guess.

Of course I'm using -v as well, otherwise how could I've known it's stuck at DSMOS has arrived?

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts

OK, this time, I tried your org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist. created an UUID and used it in the boot.plist. also tried graphicsenabler, but placing it to org.chameleon.boot.plist causes my SL system to panic (You need to restart your computer screen). Do you have any idea why this happens?

Hard to do anything but guess without details from the panic message. As a guess, the most common reason for a panic is corrupt kext cache, and booting chameleon with the ignore kext cache flag set clears things up.
In any case, I'm getting confused about what you're doing as you say 10.6 is panic-ing but you're following 10.7 instructions. There is a new thread for 10.7 now, if you're really just concerned with 10.7 it'd be best to post there. Also a couple other users with A15 BIOS are reporting their systems hanging when booting 10.7, I wonder if you're using A15 BIOS too?

aliveli123

aliveli123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Hard to do anything but guess without details from the panic message. As a guess, the most common reason for a panic is corrupt kext cache, and booting chameleon with the ignore kext cache flag set clears things up.
In any case, I'm getting confused about what you're doing as you say 10.6 is panic-ing but you're following 10.7 instructions. There is a new thread for 10.7 now, if you're really just concerned with 10.7 it'd be best to post there. Also a couple other users with A15 BIOS are reporting their systems hanging when booting 10.7, I wonder if you're using A15 BIOS too?

No, I'm using A14. Updating kext cache did not solve the panic.

On another note, I've upgraded to 10.6.8 just now and touchpad stopped working. why would that happen?

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts

No, I'm using A14. Updating kext cache did not solve the panic.

On another note, I've upgraded to 10.6.8 just now and touchpad stopped working. why would that happen?

And the panic message indicates?
If your touchpad isn't working, then the kext didn't load. What error message do you get when you try to load it by hand? In my experience this is always either due to a kext install problem (wrong permissions) or a bad kext cache.

aliveli123

aliveli123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

And the panic message indicates?
If your touchpad isn't working, then the kext didn't load. What error message do you get when you try to load it by hand? In my experience this is always either due to a kext install problem (wrong permissions) or a bad kext cache.

I couldn't find the panic log in Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports, where should I look?

btw, touchpad issue was resolved after running kextutility.

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts

I couldn't find the panic log in Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports, where should I look?

In my experience, for boot time panics, you have to take a picture of the screen.

wtcnbrwndo4u

wtcnbrwndo4u

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Alright, so I'm having a problem on 10.6.8. If I boot with a DSDT, the boot up stalls at "DSMOS has arrived". If I boot without the DSDT and with GraphicsEnabler=No, then I will actually boot up to the desktop, but I have no real video driver, so videos don't work and no acceleration. Then, if I boot with no DSDT and with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, it boots up as normal and then when it tries to boot to the desktop, I just get a black screen.

Any ideas?

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts
Which DSDT are you trying? If you're using the one from post #1 in this thread, you shouldn't need GraphicsEnabler; the injection strings are in the DSDT. The newer DSDTs I built for 10.7 leave out the injection strings (and so you use GraphicsEnabler=yes instead).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy