• 178 posts
bcc9, clean your inbox.

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,278 posts

bcc9, clean your inbox.

I have a bit. But too many people are PMing me for personal support. I don't have time to keep up and my profile already asks folks to not PM me for tech support. Most messages I'm getting are not personal and could just as well go to the public threads.

olegpronin

olegpronin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

I have a bit. But too many people are PMing me for personal support. I don't have time to keep up and my profile already asks folks to not PM me for tech support. Most messages I'm getting are not personal and could just as well go to the public threads.

Ok, then I will answer here better since I'm not about personal support :(

I tried to compare SVN builds for checking out problem of facetime. 755 and 760 - looks like there I can't find a problem that stops facetime working..

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,278 posts

Ok, then I will answer here better since I'm not about personal support ;)

I tried to compare SVN builds for checking out problem of facetime. 755 and 760 - looks like there I can't find a problem that stops facetime working..

If facetime is working in 755 and not in 760, you could further narrow it down to the exact change that made the difference. Since r756,757 are in branches, it's a matter of figuring out whether it is the 758, 759 or 760 patch that caused facetime to no longer work.
Once you figure out which patch made the difference, we can take a look at the details of the patch.
I suspect the difference is with the system's UUID generation code.
I tried changing the ethernet device name in the DSDT to match genuine mac dsdt (s/MAC0/GIGE/), but that made no difference.

olegpronin

olegpronin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
I did a comparation of all changed files. I'm actually don't know the problem.

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,278 posts

I did a comparation of all changed files. I'm actually don't know the problem.

So then which change exactly causes facetime to stop working? 758, 759 or 760?

olegpronin

olegpronin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

So then which change exactly causes facetime to stop working? 758, 759 or 760?

I only know well that 759 doesn't work already. but I was unable to compile it because there need xcode 3.

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,278 posts

I only know well that 759 doesn't work already. but I was unable to compile it because there need xcode 3.

What about 758?

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,278 posts

didn't try because didn't find compiled boot

It takes about 30 seconds to compile it yourself...

olegpronin

olegpronin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
ok, I found the Facetime fix.

I include here the diff file, it'll work in any board, including our laptop. I finally tired to wait while somebody will fix that, so, I did that myself.

there need to add back boot-uuid parameter.

Attached Files

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
I tried it as root user in terminal but says permission denied

Am I supposed to do it in another way????

olegpronin

olegpronin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
what? it is a diff file of changes for chameleon. Download sources that you want to fix, edit it as you see in this diff file and compile.

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,278 posts

I include here the diff file, it'll work in any board, including our laptop. I finally tired to wait while somebody will fix that, so, I did that myself.

I know that feeling well myself... :wallbash:

Nice find. So it was the UUID code as I suspected :) Did you point the chameleon folks to your patch?

what? it is a diff file of changes for chameleon. Download sources that you want to fix, edit it as you see in this diff file and compile.

Well this is a genius bar thread but not just a developer thread. So it's a bit unusual to not build a /boot image for users to try out your change. (Preferably based off the current mainline.)

olegpronin

olegpronin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

I know that feeling well myself... :)

Nice find. So it was the UUID code as I suspected :) Did you point the chameleon folks to your patch?

Well this is a genius bar thread but not just a developer thread. So it's a bit unusual to not build a /boot image for users to try out your change. (Preferably based off the current mainline.)

I know that feeling well myself... :) -> Sorry, probably my phraze was not right :wallbash:

Nice find. So it was the UUID code as I suspected :) Did you point the chameleon folks to your patch? -> No, I didn't.

Well this is a genius bar thread but not just a developer thread. So it's a bit unusual to not build a /boot image for users to try out your change. (Preferably based off the current mainline.) -> I don't know :) If I see a fix in any format, I'll learn how use it anyway.

I just decided to go with diff file, because there different chameleon that I use. So, anybody may use version of chameleon that they prefer.

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I am afraid I am no good at that just I have managed to fix my dsdt and that took me 2 weeks

so I ll give it a miss for now

good find though :wallbash:

PS I did try version 755 as someone suggested but that did not fix my FaceTime problem

olegpronin

olegpronin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

I am afraid I am no good at that just I have managed to fix my dsdt and that took me 2 weeks

so I ll give it a miss for now

good find though :wallbash:

PS I did try version 755 as someone suggested but that did not fix my FaceTime problem

Add in your com.apple.boot.plist EthernetBuiltIn=yes and check out.

Very probably you're unable to login to Mac App Store too.

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
Nice find olegpronin, I just need to figure out how to combine this with the latest Chameleon build now!

Up until now I have had to use r755 to register FaceTime, it will be nice not to have to do that step.

Caroline

Caroline

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Good job Oleg ... 've been pulling my hair out and this works!!! Yay!!

I have updated a compiled boot from the current trunk if anyone is interested in trying it ... Please do this at your own risk!!!!

Attached Files

JBraddock

JBraddock

Ph.D (Can) in Human Rights

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Nice finding.
Thank you.

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Good job Oleg ... 've been pulling my hair out and this works!!! Yay!!

I have updated a compiled boot from the current trunk if anyone is interested in trying it ... Please do this at your own risk!!!!

Thanks Caroline, using your boot file I have just logged out and back into FaceTime.

I still would like to know how to add this for future reference!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy