you may go with voodoobattery, doesnt matter.
Good to know, Thanks. My problem is the patch will not run on the 10.6.8 ACPIPlatform kext for me. I get the checksum error but it fails completely with no reboot option. I can run it on the 10.7 version of kext fine. Not sure the order of steps to get it to all work. This is what I am trying:
1. make sure no .patched file exists in /s/l/e before running the patch.
2. make sure I do have a battery file in /s/l/e before running the patch. ( tried not having one also).
3. make sure that I have an unpatched version of the 10.6.8 only by removing or moving the ACPIPlatform.kext directory that is there and then copy in the unpatched version updating permissions and owners.
4. Run the patch. (fails with or without a reboot before running).
5. Reboot and try something else or try again the steps above again switching it up a bit.
I notice on Boot if I have Battery kext and Platform file I get boot messages about failing to create a link for Battery.
Also the patch asks if I want to install for all users when it did not the first few times or if using the 10.7 Platform kext.
EDIT: I mean 10.6.7 ACPIPlatform kext not 10.6.8 sorry
EDIT2: I Also DO NOT have OpenHaltRestart kext in the /s/l/e folder when running the above steps.