• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Andy Machead

Andy Machead

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
I currently have an Intel Core Duo Mac mini with 2GB of ram. I also have over 750GB of external hard drives sitiing on my desk. Should I go with a PowerMac G4 1.42GHz or greater or a PC I have with "OS X x86?"

Pippin

Pippin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Why do you need a PowerMac G4 1,42 Ghz when you have an Inter Core Duo Mac mini with 2Gb Ram?? It must be faster than the PowerMac G4.

A Nonny Moose

A Nonny Moose

Proud PPC User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
I'd rather hit the slash/burn circuits for an iMac G5, but that's just me

non sequitur

non sequitur

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
the onyl non-intel thing left is the Pro Desktop, which will probably be out soon. dual dual? perhaps. but all i know is that they have until the end of july to come out with a 12 inch mbp and a desktop pro machine.

cocoa noir

cocoa noir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

... but all i know is that they have until the end of july to come out with a 12 inch mbp and a desktop pro machine.

There will be no 12" mbp. according to apple, the new macbook replaces the iBook and the 12" powerbook. I am eager to see what they do with the mac pro desktop.

INFNITE

INFNITE

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
they will most likely unveil the Mac Pro (along with a Leopard preview) at WWDC in August

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy