Congratulations for all of us :hysterical:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/

Synaesthesia

Synaesthesia

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
Yay! Does this mean we can start talking about hacking it? I think it's out of NDA now.

Vasfed

Vasfed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Yay! Does this mean we can start talking about hacking it? I think it's out of NDA now.

we have to wait for the first official distro to arrive and hack around it
but no doubt - it is quite close already :P)

lsdelirious

lsdelirious

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 56 posts
from http://www.apple.com.../notify-me.html

Mac OS X Snow Leopard is scheduled to be released in September 2009. Sign up today and well let you know as soon as its available.

So it looks like we might have to wait until September... unless someone can find a copy of that NDA and see if it has an expiration date, or any mention of only covering up until the official release announcement

Ray11208

Ray11208

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Apple is trying to steal the candies from MS By releasing their product just a month before Microsoft Releases Windows 7 Jejjejejje :)

Coming September 2009 with every new Mac. Upgrade from Mac OS X Leopard for just $29.

cellcore9

cellcore9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
http://arstechnica.c...-final-push.ars

Check out the bottom of the page, looks like it is still covered by the NDA until it is released. I could be wrong though.

booger_sniffer5000

booger_sniffer5000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Interests:OSx86 (duh)

we have to wait for the first official distro to arrive and hack around it
but no doubt - it is quite close already :))

Distros are old and outdated, Boot-132 is newer (and better) and where the project should be heading. There is absolutely no reason for anybody to make a Snow Leopard distro.

userx

userx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Distros are old and outdated, Boot-132 is newer (and better) and where the project should be heading. There is absolutely no reason for anybody to make a Snow Leopard distro.

I agree. Also a striped down DMG to work on with no dev tools, no printer driver, nor languages that are not needed.

Danstevens

Danstevens

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

As with userx, I think the only reason someone should modify Snow Kitty in such a way is to make it lighter. Boot-132 and other similar tools create much more usable (in the long term) hackintoshes than distros generally can. At the end of the day, retail OS X has to be better than a hacked, modified copy of OS X. Generally, distros are good for people new to OSx86 and people who just need to get OS X on to a computer as quickly/easily as possible. I use distros when I just want a no-fuss installation and I only need OS X on a computer for a short time but for the long term projects, retail all the way.

yidakee

yidakee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
What about Chameleon 2 ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy