• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Õun

Õun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I have found one more small fix. Maybe some of you have noticed that you can't turn off your Bluetooth from top bar. It's grayed out. The reason for that is IOBluetoothFamily.kext>Contents>Plugins>BroadcomUSBBluetoothUCIController.kext>Info.plist does not have HP Bluetooth device information. So simply lets add this to plist file:
<key>HP Integrated Bluetooth 2.0</key>	<dict>		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>		<string>com.apple.driver.BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController</string>		<key>IOClass</key>		<string>Broadcom2045FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController</string>		<key>IOProviderClass</key>		<string>IOUSBDevice</string>		<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>		<dict>			<key>ClassicMustNotSeize</key>			<true/>		</dict>		<key>idProduct</key>		<integer>5917</integer>		<key>idVendor</key>		<integer>1008</integer>	</dict>

I found it from here: http://ipis-osx.wiki...-bluetooth-kext
Not sure if it helps with any other issues (sleep, shutdown, etc), but it will allow us to turn off the Bluetooth from the menu. Will look into PCMCIA now, I still have some issues with that and USB. Will let you know if I find anything.

Õun

Õun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Also I believe that its preferred to use AppleDecrypt.kext instead of dsmos.kext. Not sure how and if it helps, but I have seen in many places that its the prefferred method. Might be the legal issue. So if you have illegal copy of the Mac OS X, this might not differ.

Hex Hex

Hex Hex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Remy,

That Bluetooth plist fix works perfectly in 10.6, an excellent find and thanks!

For Sleep I tried the IOPCIFamily.kext from Slice (v2.6.1) but it does not work for me which is rather curious. Still the same old problem of screen powers-off but the CPU & USB are still powered on and a hard power-off is needed to reboot and get it alive again.

Thanks,

Hex

Õun

Õun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
If anyone has MacBook Pro (Mid 2007) MacBookPro3,1 and could run a bunch of benchmarks, that would be nice. Preferred would be Mac OS X 10.5.7 with the BIOS MBP31.0070.B07

The best option would be CPU-Z under Windows XP (if you have bootcamp), but ioreg, dmesg, system_profiler and kextstat would help as well. Or if you have any other tool to extract as much system info as possible, that could help as well.

Just post them here or PM to me.

sghctoma

sghctoma

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok, it turned out, that the links on the site for the 64 bit dsmos weren't dead, I just couldn't reach them via browser.. i used wget, and was able to get them, so I was finally able to boot a 64 bit kernel.. yeah :rolleyes: of course, it is unusable, because of the missing drivers..

ok, back to 32 bit.. i've found some strange things about sleep:
- if Disabler.kext is present, sleep won't work.. without it, it works like charm..
- if DSDT.aml is in the / directory, the fan is spinning at max RPM after a sleep.. however, if the DSDT.aml is in the /Extra directory of Chamaeleon, this does not happen.. i've tried several DSDT's and this happens with all of them..

Õun

Õun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I found the hardware dumps for MacBook Pro 3,1 - BTW this is very close match to HP 8510w. So hardcore DSDT and SSDT coding should fix most of the Sleep, Power and Shutdown issues. If anyone else wants to compare them, the dumps are located at http://www.projectos...?...ic=359&st=0

Will let you know when I make any improvement. I have general knowlidge about ACPI, so it should be fixable. Only issue is 500+ kb file size, which makes it quite time consuming.

sinnsyk

sinnsyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi

Is there any change of a new driver package this week?

I am running 10.5.6 now very stable, but still no sleep and it only start when I have my Alu mackeyboard attached.....
So it is not ideal to have on a camping for 2 weeks...

grtz,
Edwin

Hex Hex

Hex Hex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Edwin,

I wasn't planning to update the 10.5.6 package as I'm solely working with 10.6 now as I feel it's more stable and generally a much better OS. With that said you should be able to resovle your keyboard and Sleep issues.

For keyboard, are you running the Voodoo PS2 driver? It's called VoodooPS2Controller.kext and also gives you a scrollable trackpad etc. With this driver you don't need the other PS2Nub drivers etc in my installer package.

For Sleep, have you installed Superhai's EHCIUSB driver? I think they may solve your sleep problem assuming your laptop tries to go to sleep but switches back on by itself after about 5 minutes and keyboard activity. In the system log it says something like "System Doze".

Hex

sinnsyk

sinnsyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi

I have very little time to experiment. I have only one real issue that is in my way of 2 weeks of laptopping.
I have no wireless, but that is not yet solved by anyone..

I also have no battery indicator. And that's really annoying! How should I know how long I have left?
I can click on an empty spot in the right-top bar, and the battery menu opens, but there is no icon with a percentage...

golem216

golem216

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi

I have very little time to experiment. I have only one real issue that is in my way of 2 weeks of laptopping.
I have no wireless, but that is not yet solved by anyone..

I also have no battery indicator. And that's really annoying! How should I know how long I have left?
I can click on an empty spot in the right-top bar, and the battery menu opens, but there is no icon with a percentage...

I just followed the instruction in the following post and I got the battery indicator to show and functioning properly.
PowerManagement.bundle

For wifi, I had a Linksys WUSB54GC adapter lying around and followed the instructions in the following thread to get it working on my 8510w
Linksys WUSB54GC adapter

Hope this helps you some.

Also, this is all done on 10.5.7. The only issues I've noticed so far are that the audio ports aren't functioning properly, sleep has some issues, i need to hold the power button when shutting down to completely power off, and I've had some problems getting the newest version of the backlight utility working. I think it may be something to with not removing the previous version before trying the newest one.

Hex Hex

Hex Hex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
sinnsyk and golem216,

For laptop power management (so the battery indicator works) you can use VoodooBattery (www.superhai.com). I'm also most of the way writing a new battery driver as Superhai's has problems with multiple batteries and I needed hooks so that my Backlight Utility can change brightness automatically on battery/AC power etc., a beta version is up on my site now and it's called HexLaptopPower.kext. (http://www.mediafire.com/hexhex)

Please note >>>> you don't need to install a hacked PowerManagementBundle with VoodooBattery.kext or my new HexLaptopPower.kext. Both work with the Apple vanilla SystemConfiguration bundle i.e. retail.

For battery status indicators I seriously recommend installing Slim Battery Monitor, it's way better than the native Apple indicator. Get it from http://slimbatterymo...oftonic.com/mac

BTW Golem216, to solve your problem with the old version of HexBacklight simply go to System Preferences and right click Hex Backlight and Uninstall it. Then exit Sys Prefs and go bak in and if you see another Hex Backlight there right click and uninstall that too. Then reinstall the latest version.

Hex

golem216

golem216

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

sinnsyk and golem216,

For laptop power management (so the battery indicator works) you can use VoodooBattery (www.superhai.com). I'm also most of the way writing a new battery driver as Superhai's has problems with multiple batteries and I needed hooks so that my Backlight Utility can change brightness automatically on battery/AC power etc., a beta version is up on my site now and it's called HexLaptopPower.kext. (http://www.mediafire.com/hexhex)

Please note >>>> you don't need to install a hacked PowerManagementBundle with VoodooBattery.kext or my new HexLaptopPower.kext. Both work with the Apple vanilla SystemConfiguration bundle i.e. retail.

For battery status indicators I seriously recommend installing Slim Battery Monitor, it's way better than the native Apple indicator. Get it from http://slimbatterymo...oftonic.com/mac

BTW Golem216, to solve your problem with the old version of HexBacklight simply go to System Preferences and right click Hex Backlight and Uninstall it. Then exit Sys Prefs and go bak in and if you see another Hex Backlight there right click and uninstall that too. Then reinstall the latest version.

Hex

I'll give that a try with Hex BackLight. Having control of changing the brightness isn't that big of a deal to me, but it's nice to have.

Now that the battery indicator is available, I can get an idea of how much battery life I'm getting. It seems to only be about 2 hours, but I'll probably just use the laptop on AC power most of the time anyway.

I just bought the EFI-X boot selector and am going to try it out on my desktop. It's on sale for $190 right now. I will need to get a new motherboard and extra hard drive before I can try it out though. I saw a demo of it on Tekzilla and it looks like it works without any issues. It's not a good solution if you want OSX on a non-Apple laptop though unless there is some adapter that is available.

EFI-X

I wouldn't recommend using EFI-X as current support for Snow Leopard and future support is questionable. Using Chameleon on a bootable USB drive is a more future-proof solution, which is what I have begun using instead for my desktop hackintosh.

saicrazyfire

saicrazyfire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Great package Hex hex, thanks for it. I was wondering if you could write a short tutorial on how to hack the bios so I could install other wifi adapters inside this laptop. I would like to have wifi without having to plug in a external usb wifi adapter. I was thinking I could install the dell dw 1500 but because of the whitelist I can't. Do you have any idea how I can get past the whitelist?

sinnsyk

sinnsyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi all

I installed windows just before I left for my holiday, bacuase I needed the WiFi after all. So now I have windows again..

Do you think it would be worth it to wait for Snow Leopard and then install that? I still have my time machine backup from 10.5.6, so all my files should be save....

Ed

Õun

Õun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I have to say, HP has really optimized this laptop for Windows only. I have cleaned up my DSDT, renamed and commented all my devices so that I could understand whats going on. And what I have found so far is that this laptop has a device with PnP ID PNP0C14, which is Microsoft Windows Management Interface for ACPI. As you all can imagine, this device is really functioning under M$ only (There are some implementation under Linux as well, but non under OSX). Its mostly used by HP ProtectTools software to change BIOS settings in Windows but I found a lot of references to this device methods from other devices as well. So I do suspect that a lot of problems are caused because of that device. Not to mention that the ASL code is really {censored} in most places. A lot of unnecessary code like:
Device (X)
{
  Run method FUNC()
}
Method (FUNC, 0, NotSerialized)
{
  Return (0)
}

And you will see alot things like this. {censored} I say. Most likely its the code HP ACPI programming tool is generating and it sux.

So what I'm trying to do now is clean up the code, remove all Windows specific things and implement them in a standard way. Removing the PNP0C14 device itself cleaned up over 6000 rows of code. But as the HP nameing policy for variables and methods and devices is really cumbersom, its gonna take time. If anyone has good hints to share (Like Embedded Controller spec for this laptop), PM me.

danoxi

danoxi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I possibly found the problem of not switching of the notebook (I have 10.5.8 leo). If I delete any nvidia injector - my notebook have normal shut down. After adding nvidia injector kext (I tryed nviject, nvijectgo, nvkush) notebook stops switching off.
Anybody have any ideas?
Maybe it's possible to start video card without injector - with help of efi strings, dsdt or something else? I tried, but had no success.

hazlitt

hazlitt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Just a grateful thank-you from this lurker, to Hex hex and other thread contributors!! I really appreciate the the time you guys have put into sharing your know-how! I'm really thrilled I've got my 8510w running Mac OSX now!

Õun

Õun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I possibly found the problem of not switching of the notebook (I have 10.5.8 leo). If I delete any nvidia injector - my notebook have normal shut down. After adding nvidia injector kext (I tryed nviject, nvijectgo, nvkush) notebook stops switching off.
Anybody have any ideas?
Maybe it's possible to start video card without injector - with help of efi strings, dsdt or something else? I tried, but had no success.

I'm using EFI strings, quartz not yet working but will come back to this subject when I have rewritten my DSDT.

sinnsyk

sinnsyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi

I have iATKOS v7 installed right now as a test setup (doesn't fully work, only VGA and bootproblem solved, but that's oke) and I tried to generate a DSDT for snow leopard with the GUI based DSDT patcher made by Fassl.

It did not work! Even with the force compile function (-f) it didn't generate a ASDT.aml.

Was this also a problem with you guys or has this something to do with my HP? I tried putting the BIOS in standard settings but that did not work.

Even with HexHex's DSDT.aml I am not able to boot in snow leopard... I will post some pics of it later

Õun

Õun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I'm using EFI strings, quartz not yet working but will come back to this subject when I have rewritten my DSDT.

Installing latest Chameleon boot loader fixed Video. Vanilla kexts work without problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy