• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

Souldrainer2021

Souldrainer2021

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
alright, ive been following this, im not sure what version of leopard i have but ill report back, so i gots an toshiba a305 with 3 gig ram, centrino 2.1 i think, 3 gigs ram, ati mobility hd 3470.
im TOTALLY noob at this, so i'd appreciate you pointing out the obvious sometimes... my display works but i got no q/e and that weird resolution that makes it look ugly, so how do i do this kext thing?... im not too familiar :/

Sign_90

Sign_90

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
nothing for the mobility 3650???

Sign_90

Sign_90

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
up...

there are updates???

Aidass

Aidass

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
NO!!!

Fraist

Fraist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I was searching and I found that there are two basic types of Mobile 3650. The GDDR3 and DDR2 (256 and 512 MB) Maybe this is the problem with the driver. Also some Laptop constructors down clock their cards so their may be an other problem
My card in Sony FW21Z is the following

Posted Image

So maybe we could compare with working Toshiba Mobility ATI 3650 specs and see if we could get a result.

The PCIe 3650 (not mobile) Core Clock @ 800 MHz Memory Clock @ 950 MHz, GPU RV 635

YannickD

YannickD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
okay , so here is the gpu-z picture of my card:

Posted Image

jsolsona

jsolsona

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Here is mine: (A dell Studio 1735)
Attached File  dell_gpz.gif   17KB   92 downloads

Aidass

Aidass

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
the problem is not in clocks or memory type, the problem is in display connectors. toshiba has different connetors, so framebuffer is able to detect display properly

TSi_Eos

TSi_Eos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

the problem is not in clocks or memory type, the problem is in display connectors. toshiba has different connetors, so framebuffer is able to detect display properly

Benjan

Benjan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I used natit and new drivers provided by bloomberg.

And I got blank screen when it's time to display desktop, if I close display, then display is off(of course), but when I open display again, there's blue screen.
Sleep is not working here, but maybe someone with sleep could have a try and see what happens.

caryntjen

caryntjen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I have a Toshiba A300-1IA (modelnumber: PSAGCE-01R00NTB) and I have an ATI Mobility HD3650 card and I donwloaded the package Trail 2 from YannickD signature and when I rebooted the apple was loading it dissapeared and I thought oh it's working but the screen was still black so no help here, I'm reading further on the topic so I will try different things.

Also tried to use a S-Video cable to see external screen but no luck. (Have no other screen so srr :P)

Aidass

Aidass

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

I have a Toshiba A300-1IA (modelnumber: PSAGCE-01R00NTB) and I have an ATI Mobility HD3650 card and I donwloaded the package Trail 2 from YannickD signature and when I rebooted the apple was loading it dissapeared and I thought oh it's working but the screen was still black so no help here, I'm reading further on the topic so I will try different things.

Also tried to use a S-Video cable to see external screen but no luck. (Have no other screen so srr :P)

try YannickD's kexts, not trial2 or lastexile's pkg

tr33m4n

tr33m4n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello there!

I've been watching this topic, and many others for quite some time in regards to the Mobility Radeon HD 3650... Or general Studio 1735 woes in my case. I was wondering, maybe we should set some sort of donation thing up, where people who feel they need the drivers enough can donate money... and then maybe have this money as a prize/incentive for some of the big developers to maybe give it some thought?

Just an idea really... It would be lovely to have a working studio 17 with osx86

Cheers

caryntjen

caryntjen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

try YannickD's kexts, not trial2 or lastexile's pkg

I've did a clean install with iDeneb 1.4!
I have tried Test 1 I found here and I think my result is kind of positive.
I've added several Screens from mac.
And I've added my GPU-Z also ^^

It says Mobility Radeon 3650 but I was wondering if there's a way to fix the resolution?
I can go up to 1440x900?

I could give you guys some more info like kextat and regestry or something, but explain how I can provide those files because that's a little bit confusing :D! I've also read the whole topic and at a certain point it really gets confusing wich kext I should use, etc etc :( but I really wanne thank you with the good job you do guys!

So for my pc I used the install package: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1rqnc9

(The first time I tried: http://filedump.fuji.....2 (RV635).zip ; but these gave me a black screen, so maybe it went external)

I also tested the iTunes Cover Flow and it's a NO GO! So I'm guessing there isn't much of a difference, or do I have to change some things?...

Attached Files

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
caryntjen, if you installed the pkg and you have no QE/CI and no resolution change without scramble/black/colored/orwhatever screen means only Natit.kext is loaded but not ATIRNDRV.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext.
You should try to delete all the ATIetc...* .kext from S*/L*/Extension repair permissions reboot instal the pkg repair permission and reboot with -v -f flags

Aidass

Aidass

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
try yannick's kexts, because no one had luck with package

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Yup, have a look here, and if you manage to make it work you should start a new "HD3650 mobility on Toshiba laptops" Topic with the kexts on the 1st post

caryntjen

caryntjen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
OK I tried with Yannick his kext but it keeps loading and it's stuck at see picks:

I unpacked the zip and used kexthelperb7 or something like that?
After that I restored Permissions with sudo diskutil RepairPermissions /

I booted with: -v -f

I'll try again another time with a clean install... Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Do I have to use the RepairPermissions? or dos Kexthelper do that for me?

Attached Files

Aidass

Aidass

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
it's not problem of vid drivers, it's something with appledecrypt, try clean install

caryntjen

caryntjen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Ok what I've done:
- A clean install with Yannicks Kext:
I've got a Black Screen, then added a External Screen where the screen was bleu.
(A lot of AppleDecrypts when I boot with -v -f)

- A clean install with the Package (Test 1):
A fine reboot but not really a good support for graphics like no cover flow or visualisation.
(I rebooted the first time with -v -f)

(at both diagnostic boots I've got an error about Firewire (not important I guess) and a com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub error that it couldn't load but that's probably of the PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard Fix)

Any other ideas anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy