• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

utrinque

utrinque

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i have a imac g4 just purchased second hand and a macbook,im new to all things mac,my g4 has jag 10.2.8
is there anyway i can run tiger or leaopard on it i just get a cant use this software on this system error on leapord and on tiger it says i need to use the installer that came with the disc i only have 1disc so am a little confused...
if theres anyone out there that can help it would be great
manythanks
utrinque

WhyOSX

WhyOSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi !
Have you started the computer with the CD as startup drive (by holding down the button "C" on the keyboard)? Then a window will appear that shows the installer. Double-click on it and it should run. Try this at first.

utrinque

utrinque

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi
thanks for the reply
it looks like i have a bad disk i have managed to get as far as rebooting with the disk in but it just restarts back to jag,and i have doubts that leopard will actually work at all with a g4 without really digging deep and i dont have the knowledge to do this,so at the moment im trying to source another copy of tiger on ebay,failing that it loks like a new imac lol
cheers

A Nonny Moose

A Nonny Moose

Proud PPC User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
To get Leopard on that G4, you'll need to download an app called Leopard Assist. Otherwise, you're stuck with Tiger as the maximum OS for that machine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy