nVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512MB

OS-Maniac

39 posts in this topic

I've done it !!!

this was the case:

I installed osx86 using iPC 10.5.6 Universal

didn't chose any kernel, and no video driver, only the rest

so it was running on 1024 res

i tried to use nvidia9000 series, but it didn't work at all.

then i installed NVinstaller v.52.pkg , and checked Vanilla and other drivers, and 512mb ofcourse

and i got QE/IC on reboot

but the resolution was still 1440x900

so i went to change it to 1680x1050 but it didnt work, only got the blue screen

next i did, i changed it to 1600x1200, and got the blue screen but restarted and it was running on that res.

then i did the same when i set it to 1680x1050, and it WORKED :( !!!

but, i still dont see any /library/extensions folder... which is weird

hope this helps many others

Sorry, I want to buy a 9800GT but I have a question. Is it noisy?

I want a quiet and I do not want the graphics card will ruin everything.

Thank you all.

:D

I just installed my new BFG 9800GT passive cooled card. It has a large heatsink and runs silent with no fans.

See: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814143169

I have been reading through this thread and my method to make it work was to use UInstaller and select the last entry for the 9800GTX and use the KVkush option in the script. I hope it helps.

EDIT: I tried aquamac's GFX string option as well and it also works. It looks like both methods should work for similar cards.

Very thanks Tek!

You have the better 9800GT, silence passive cooled! For me it's very important it's silence and other trades build this card whith noise fans.

Wooow! Congratulations about your signature PC hack, it's brutal! I'll hope make my own PC hack with Core2Quad 2,8Ghz.

Thanks!

:)

argh, installed iDeneb 10.5.6 with nVidia 9800gt 512 and worked absolutely perfectly, but since buying new hdd and re-installing iDeneb it stops working after the apple screen with spinning wheel, can't remember exactly which options I chose on install but I definately used nvinject2.1 512. Could this be a kernal propblem? pretty sure I used vanila but this won't work, tried voodoo also.

help would be much appreciated, thanks...

I was wondering if anyone had my specific problem...

I couldn't do a retail install with an evga 9800gt 512mb card, I had to stick in my ati x1600 to do the install. Is it because the boot-132 cd doesn't have the correct kext?

• 7 months later...

It's been a long time since I've been here. Last time I installed OS X on a PC is when it all just started. Anyways, I am trying to get my Snow Leopard install to recognize my Nvidia 9800GT 512mb card.. I have searched many posts on this forum and others, yet no matter what I do I cannot change my resolution. Any information you need me to provide I will be happy too I can start off with this:

Display:

Type:	GPU
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	32 MB
 Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:	0x0614
 Revision ID:	0x00a2
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1024 x 768
 Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes

I have tried many different Nvidia installers including the Aqua one. Followed guides to edit com.apple.boot.plist with my device properties etc.. nothing as worked yet. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Well my 9400GT was such a pain in the ass to get working I decided to follow some members advice and get a 8800 GT instead, as it nearly works out of the box as I was said. So I installed it on my 10.6.2 hackintosh but I can't get a decent reslution nor coverflow.

I tried many solutions, which all failed. Anyone got a clue?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
I have a nVidia GeForce 9800GT 512MB but I can't find the way to make it work. I have the Vanilla kernel on Leo4All 10.5.5 AMD. I used to have the ToH kernel and I used to install aqua-way's drivers to get QE/CI working but it doesn't work anymore probably because of the Vanilla kernel... I can't even change the reso anymore... Any help would be appreciated!! :P

I'm new to all this. Just built my first system. I have a 9800 GT 1GB. I've been doing a lot of reading and don't understand the different methods. How do I choose a method and get it to work? Please help...don't know what I'm doing.

Many Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all :D

I looked around the whole Forum, but I havent' yet found the solution at my problem..

I have installed OSX SL (10.6.2) with Retail installation (link guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196436). The system works fine and fast but I have a problem with the Video Card. My model is Nvidia 9800gt (1gb), watching a movie it's not fluent..

what may I do?

hope it's the right place...

thanks everyone

v4l0.s.1983 skype

Hi all :)

I looked around the whole Forum, but I havent' yet found the solution at my problem..

I have installed OSX SL (10.6.2) with Retail installation (link guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196436). The system works fine and fast but I have a problem with the Video Card. My model is Nvidia 9800gt (1gb), watching a movie it's not fluent..

what may I do?

hope it's the right place...

thanks everyone

v4l0.s.1983 skype

it's long time ago i had the same problem with 9800gt.

just remove this file :

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

than it should work fluent again

it's long time ago i had the same problem with 9800gt.

just remove this file :

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

than it should work fluent again

using itikos version

i used methods

but cant solve me

can any one help?

have any one yahoo or msn?