MAC OS X LEOPARD RETAIL ON ASUS P5Q / P5Q PRO / P5Q-EM AND OTHERS

• Please log in to reply
865 replies to this topic

Poll: Installed Mac OS X Retail Successfully (735 member(s) have cast votes)

Were you able to install Mac OS X Retail Successfully

1. Yes (558 votes [75.61%])

Percentage of vote: 75.61%

2. No (180 votes [24.39%])

Percentage of vote: 24.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

St.Peter

St.Peter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Thanks a lot guys you really helped me. :P

It worked booting from flashdrive, but now I'm stuck again.. didn't get very far. I cant get passed the restart screen.

Attached File  Restart.JPG   89.3KB   99 downloads

I have erased the drive once to FAT then to HFS journaled as instucted in the guid, this I have repeated several times but still get this error of having to restart. But before I select which drive I'm installing from there is a little warning message saying that I have to repartition to a GUID partiton table. Mabye there is somthing here I have missed. Any suggestions.

Attached File  Error_screen.JPG   100.14KB   79 downloads

St.Peter

St.Peter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I have restarted and about 10 times trying over and over. When I restart i get the same message over and over. When the screen of available disks pops up I can see same red exclamation mark every time. I do the same thing over and over, I restart, erase and create a FAT 32 drive and the HFS drive. Still I get the same message. Hmmm....

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

I have restarted and about 10 times trying over and over. When I restart i get the same message over and over. When the screen of available disks pops up I can see same red exclamation mark every time. I do the same thing over and over, I restart, erase and create a FAT 32 drive and the HFS drive. Still I get the same message. Hmmm....

EDIT:I think I misunderstood the issue............. You are getting this error message right after you erase the partition..........sorry for that ,,,,,,,,,,,Let me check something here

Did you do these steps from STEP 7: RESTORING OSX RETAIL IMAGE FILE
7. Once it is done run this Posted Image TinkerTool.zip ( 1.95MB ) Number of downloads: 19
8. Select Show Hidden and System Files and then click on Relaunch Finder
9. Now unpack and copy OSInstall.mpkg Posted Image OSInstall.zip ( 855.62K ) Number of downloads: 13
10. Open RETAIL IMAGE Partition > System > Installation > Packages, paste OSInstall.mpkg in here. It will ask you whether you want to replace the file.... Click on Replace
11. Reboot the machine

This Step is very Important.............Because this is the patched OSInstall.mpkg you need to replace the original one with this one otherwise you will receive this error message...........

St.Peter

St.Peter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi Robert,

Thanks alot!!! Im currently writing sitting on my osx retail writing. All systems are go. EVEN GOT SOUND WORKING!!!! :lol:

Thanks Again!!!!! Im gonna give you my vote!!!

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Hi Robert,

Thanks alot!!! Im currently writing sitting on my osx retail writing. All systems are go. EVEN GOT SOUND WORKING!!!! :lol:

Thanks Again!!!!! Im gonna give you my vote!!!

Good to know that.........Finally.........Congrats

gnaarf

gnaarf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Hey Guys you wont believe this.... But I did a XBench on IDeneb and MAC OS X Retail and the score obtained by IDeneb was higher than MAC OS X Retail...

So it's useless to install a Retail Mac OSX?

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

So it's useless to install a Retail Mac OSX?

Don't jump into any conclusion....Check the benchmarking on your system and then Decide........ Just a moment ago I did XBench on both the system and found that MAC OS X Retail is faster than IDeneb............ So the conclusion is that don't trust Xbench.............

I Like MAC OS X Retail.................We can update the system without any problem and it is stable as well.... So it is not useless...............Also it gives you the feeling of real MAC OS X......................

gnaarf

gnaarf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I get stuck at booting the Retail image. When I'm booting with -x -F I'm able to see the wallpaper and also to move the mouse. But after some seconds it freezes. :)

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

I get stuck at booting the Retail image. When I'm booting with -x -F I'm able to see the wallpaper and also to move the mouse. But after some seconds it freezes. :(

St. Peter had the same issue.....
http://forum.insanel...&...t&p=1024052

The solution is you should Boot with your Bootable USB Flash Drive.

See Step 5 to create the USB Flash Drive if you have not created it yet.

I have two sata hard drives set up in a fakeraid/dmraid 0 array, is it possible to install os x on to one partition on the array? Haven't seen any docs on this, so before I try this guide, I need to know if that works ;)

Not Sure........

gnaarf

gnaarf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

St. Peter had the same issue.....
http://forum.insanel...&...t&p=1024052

The solution is you should Boot with your Bootable USB Flash Drive.

See Step 5 to create the USB Flash Drive if you have not created it yet.

Oh, I have probably skipped that. I'll give it a try.

gnaarf

gnaarf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Oh, I have probably skipped that. I'll give it a try.

Okay, it also freezes when I'm booting with the usb flash drive. I tried to re-restore the image, but I run into the same problem when booting.

Yana

Yana

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Done with P5Q-EM + mod bios and update to 10.5.6, Lan detect by os, Sound work with your kext. thx!
But my Asus 7600GS 512MB (mod bios) not work with your driver (but full work EQ on ideneb) , now trying another method.

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Done with P5Q-EM + mod bios and update to 10.5.6, Lan detect by os, Sound work with your kext. thx!
But my Asus 7600GS 512MB (mod bios) not work with your driver (but full work EQ on ideneb) , now trying another method.

Did you install both the package from here
http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/
NVKUSH INSTALLER AND NVIDIA KEXT INSTALLER.

I INSTALLD BOTH OF THEM.............

Anyway Congrats...

Yana

Yana

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
1st time, I install nVIDIA Kext installer first but not work, than intall NVKUSH, still not work.
2nd time, reinstall Retail OSX than install NVKUSH only, done!!!! EQ support! It really faster than ideneb!

Did you install both the package from here
http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/
NVKUSH INSTALLER AND NVIDIA KEXT INSTALLER.

I INSTALLD BOTH OF THEM.............

Anyway Congrats...

Yana

Yana

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
A question, do I need manual select a OSX partition to boot every time I start computer?
Can I made it auto boot into OSX? Now every time my computer start, I need type 80 (for first disc) and select 2nd partition for startup.
Can do it with edit syslinux.cfg file on FAT32 partition?

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

A question, do I need manual select a OSX partition to boot every time I start computer?
Can I made it auto boot into OSX? Now every time my computer start, I need type 80 (for first disc) and select 2nd partition for startup.
Can do it with edit syslinux.cfg file on FAT32 partition?

I got this from here. For more help click on this link,...........
http://forum.insanel...howtopic=115064

If you want your OSX to start automatically, open syslinux.cfg, right after DEFAULT.... add APPEND biosdev=<your hdd id> (Ex: APPEND biosdev=81)
So your syslinux.cfg should looks like this:

CODEPROMPT 0
TIMEOUT 0
DEFAULT /mboot.c32 /boot --- /initrd.img
APPEND biosdev=81

gnaarf

gnaarf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Finally I also got it running. I really don't know what was wrong ...

You have a vote, dude :blink:

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Finally I also got it running. I really don't know what was wrong ...

You have a vote, dude :)

Congrats Man....................................

I was cracking my head as what might have been the problem. Good to know that the problem is solved ...................................... :blink:

AshuraZro

AshuraZro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'll give this little guide a try on my P5QL Pro thanks to Apple not announcing a new Mac Mini. :rolleyes:

I'll be sure to drop by with some results once I'm done!

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
Robert I think you made a great job, but, now you have had experience on both OSX with the same hardware, what would you suggest to those who have iDeneb already installed?
Could be useful reinstalling everything with a retail?

I think no... anyway I'm not saying this guide is useless new users can use it :(
What's your experience?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy