Updated: iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Blue Screen Installation Fix - Intel Integrated Grpahics Card Fix (GMA Fix) With PPF Patch

harrydeo

47 posts in this topic

It is working! Than you! Blue screen is gone - now I'm dealing with a lot of different problems (post install hangs up on welcome screen, halts 5 secs post boot, fan in my laptop going wild and so on).

My dev id is 27A2

the reason for that is

1. invalid kernel ip

2. on most ocassion some of kext doesn't load at startup e.g com.apple.AppleACPIPCI

3. doesn't detect cpu at all.

I have reinstalled it again, some different kexts this time and.... first boot (-s, AppleSetupDone) and..... it hangs... reboot - and - cpu01 fails to start.

So i'm browsing insanelymac forums on my E51 searching for solutions - cpus=1 - boots up, runs OK (Safari hangs - no idea why - so I'm typing this from Opera)

I have fired up some throttling app - and it shows that core 1 is 70 C and core 2 is disabled. Upon install I have added some fixes for CPU throttling but they doesn't seem to work.

I'm thinking about trying the Voodoo kernel - or are there any other solutions to run both cores?

I'm on C2D T5500 and 945GM

what is your rig and you have to be careful not to destroy your pc unless you don't really need it.

to use both cores you've to tweak your bios software somehow and the only setup i have done without any tweaking is on a Amd hp dv6000.

i can't get it to boot. All i get is the blue screen, even after I pached the ppf.

I have a compaq laptop that is running 10.5.1 with paperclick trick. installing 10.5.1 works like a charm but I can't get this one to work (not even with external display)

Anyone has any idea what can I do to run it?

Thanks

i can't get it to boot. All i get is the blue screen, even after I pached the ppf.

I have a compaq laptop that is running 10.5.1 with paperclick trick. installing 10.5.1 works like a charm but I can't get this one to work (not even with external display)

Thanks

urs is nvidia. wait for ppf3

Hello,

I've just tried the ppf. the dvd boots fine but I'm still unable to get past the blue screen on my eee pc 900 (intel 915 I think). Any workaround for this chip ? I tried with and without the paperclip trick.

thanks

Thanks

Yeah I'm having the same problem as well guess it's just not made for ours, do you have a GMA 915 too?

Hi guys. I have fix for the problem.

At least for me, I'm using a HP pavilion laptop DV2500 with GMX3100 video. Intel 965 chipset.

I send this over to PCWiz. too. here's a copy:

I FIXED THE INTEL GMAX3100 ID : 2A02 , blue screen issue many users are having.

Thank you for an excellent release.

For this case, I used an unpatch version of the beta IPC 10.5.6 release. But I suspect that ppf and ppf2 does not affect it. However, if you do the INTEL PATCH FIX PPF, I can not get it to work. So I got a work around that will point you to on the proper direction when using an unpatched ISO.

I'm a a HP PAVILION DV2500 LAPTOP. The Screen Res is 1280*800.

1. The installation goes without a hitch. As a matter of fact, for some reason the system boots up @ 1280*800 with full acceleration. The initial driver installation package I used was the INTEL GM950.

2. After the system installs itself, I get a full screen video of the MAC OS, an intro video with full sound as te system boots. AWESOME.

3. Once gone thru the registration process, desktop appears full screem , changeable resolution. etc..etc..everything as it should. If I reboot the machine, it will hang indefenitely. this was the problem.. So before I did any reboot, I went into the extension folders and saw all AppleIntelDrivers**.kext.

THE GM950 and the X3100 plus all its sister and brothers installed.

I removed the all the gm950, left only the X3100.

After the a restart, the system would not come up.

I used -s and the start up and manually made my way to the extensions directory.

I saw 2 other files

One was:

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

The other was

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.orig.

So I deleted AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Exit, and the system came up @1280*800 with full acceleration. reboot and came up again. no issue, used OSXTOOLS to enable Quartz, no issuse. rebotted, no issues.

Conclusion: AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.orig., I beleive is the original file installed during the setup process, and It works perfect..I can't explain it.

The extensions for the buffer also changed, please pic.

'

I hope maybe you can, since know you can do a fix.

Thank you.

Hi guys. I have fix for the problem.

At least for me, I'm using a HP pavilion laptop DV2500 with GMX3100 video. Intel 965 chipset.

I send this over to PCWiz. too. here's a copy:

I FIXED THE INTEL GMAX3100 ID : 2A02 , blue screen issue many users are having.

Thank you for an excellent release.

For this case, I used an unpatch version of the beta IPC 10.5.6 release. But I suspect that ppf and ppf2 does not affect it. However, if you do the INTEL PATCH FIX PPF, I can not get it to work. So I got a work around that will point you to on the proper direction when using an unpatched ISO.

I'm a a HP PAVILION DV2500 LAPTOP. The Screen Res is 1280*800.

1. The installation goes without a hitch. As a matter of fact, for some reason the system boots up @ 1280*800 with full acceleration. The initial driver installation package I used was the INTEL GM950.

2. After the system installs itself, I get a full screen video of the MAC OS, an intro video with full sound as te system boots. AWESOME.

3. Once gone thru the registration process, desktop appears full screem , changeable resolution. etc..etc..everything as it should. If I reboot the machine, it will hang indefenitely. this was the problem.. So before I did any reboot, I went into the extension folders and saw all AppleIntelDrivers**.kext.

THE GM950 and the X3100 plus all its sister and brothers installed.

I removed the all the gm950, left only the X3100.

After the a restart, the system would not come up.

I used -s and the start up and manually made my way to the extensions directory.

I saw 2 other files

One was:

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

The other was

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.orig.

So I deleted AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Exit, and the system came up @1280*800 with full acceleration. reboot and came up again. no issue, used OSXTOOLS to enable Quartz, no issuse. rebotted, no issues.

Conclusion: AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.orig., I beleive is the original file installed during the setup process, and It works perfect..I can't explain it.

The extensions for the buffer also changed, please pic.

'

I hope maybe you can, since know you can do a fix.

Thank you.

what kernel did you use?

i will also try without ppf1 and ppf2.

Hi you wonderful people and first of all Happy New Year to everyone!

I have Acer Aspire 5630 (Canada), Intel Core 2 Duo T5200) and last night I installed iPC OSx86 10.5.6 without a single glitch. Prior installing it, I patched ISO file as suggested in some threads on InsanelyMac with ppf1 & ppf2, plus with Intel fix for blue screen problem ppf (because first time I tried installing it from unpatched ISO, I wasn't able to pass the blue screen, installation would just hang in there). At the end, when I patched everything, I've got correct md5: 205573fcbcaf37c1133f5c616344e913

So, I guess everything was done properly. I installed it and it worked out of the box, of course with going into CUSTOM CONFIGURATON during the installation process and checked only drivers I would need.

Sound worked immediately as soon as Apple OSX animation started, no problems whatsoever. The only thing that does not work is my WiFi and regular (wired) network.I need at least one to work properly. I am not sure if I've chosen right drivers for my networking, but as far as I can say this is the only thing that does not work on my machine. Everything else is exactly the same as on my new 20" aluminum iMac.

When I open my System Preferences / Network, all I get on the left hand side is Ethernet - Not Connected (with red dot) and on the right hand side it says Cable Unplugged even though cable is plugged (exactly the same configuration worked fine with Kalyway 10.5.1 distro). Using DHCP because that's how my whole router/networking is set up. Still no go when it comes connecting to the internet.

Is there any way I can do something about this through EFIStudio maybe? I want to avoid going through whole installation process all over again if possible.

As for the kernel... I tried reinstalling whole thing on a freshly formated hard drive and used normal Kernel without choosing anything from that list. In that situation my sound wouldn't work so I gave up. I installed, not sure what's the name, but it was the kernel at the bottom of that list offered when going through Custom Configuration during the installation of OSX.

My Network adapter is Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG and I am sure I picked that one from the list, although it said something like this: Intel Pro 3945.

I also tried reinstalling everything using same configuration settings and I did not choose anything form that custom configuration list when it comes to Network card drivers, but I still didn't get connection after installation was completed.

I am not sure but I believe I've provided enough information here so someone can help me get my connection.

I hope someone would be able to help me with this.

Thanks in advance and have a wonderful day everybody!

Hi, thank you for your input. Not sure if you replied to me or to someone else (your reply does not have anything quoted), but I'm little bit puzzled here. How could card/readers be connected with my WiFi and Networking problem. My WiFi card is built into the motherboard of this laptop, it's not external card that I had to plug in.

Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

i don't know exactly what wrong with me. I has downloaded that patch and patched it with ppfomatic_version_3.0 and then burn it to and dvd with speed 4x. But i can't boot with this dvd, it stop at black screen, cd-rom n' hard disk not work. I has tested on 3 other dvds and 3 another computer but i have the same result.

any idea?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Could anyone provide a download link?

Have got an old laptop which is supporting iPC 10.5 maximum, and I need to fix the blue screen when booting the DVD.

Unfortunately all the links in the first post are dead.

Would really appreciate if anyone could simply upload the files somewhere and give me the link..