Problem with upgrade from ideneb v1.3 to 10.5.6

anarky81

18 posts in this topic

Hey dudes..im updating iDeneb v1.3 now as i write this post...any success on all your updates?I am updating to 10.5.6,heard there are issues about this.Im into v1.3 10.5.5 of iDeneb now.All system go working just perfect,wifi,lan,nvidia 8400GS works quartz extreme,softwares work fine too.I currently added iLife 08' to my applications and its doin just perfect..

I'll let you know later if my update succeeds ok?

By the way..Im using an HPdv6500 laptop with AMD Turion 64x2 processor 1.8ghz,2gyg RAM,Nvidia 8400GS,WDpassport external drive,where i installed my iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5.All is well too on Kalyway 10.5.2 install dvd.I had to check iDeneb v1.3,its seems to work much fine and better than kalyway..i think..I am into 50% of my apple autoupdate 10.5.6 as im writing this..let u know if it succeeds..till then good luck to all..

I think something went wrong...

Hey dudes..im updating iDeneb v1.3 now as i write this post...any success on all your updates?I am updating to 10.5.6,heard there are issues about this.Im into v1.3 10.5.5 of iDeneb now.All system go working just perfect,wifi,lan,nvidia 8400GS works quartz extreme,softwares work fine too.I currently added iLife 08' to my applications and its doin just perfect..

I'll let you know later if my update succeeds ok?

By the way..Im using an HPdv6500 laptop with AMD Turion 64x2 processor 1.8ghz,2gyg RAM,Nvidia 8400GS,WDpassport external drive,where i installed my iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5.All is well too on Kalyway 10.5.2 install dvd.I had to check iDeneb v1.3,its seems to work much fine and better than kalyway..i think..I am into 50% of my apple autoupdate 10.5.6 as im writing this..let u know if it succeeds..till then good luck to all..

I'm searching the web for information about upgrade from iDeneb 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 and I found a lot of different infos. Some people say that is necessary to make a lot of preparations before try the update...

The fact that Apple release a first update with problems causes more confusion because some problems faced can be produced by bugs and not by the hackintosh itself. I believe Apple already release a "final" version 10.5.6 upgrade...

Will be nice a specific explanation for iDeneb users... What we must do to update? Can I just use the automatic update?

:blink: I have a noob question too: my TimeMachine is not working. I believe this happens after I choose the partition used by TimeMachine to install Parallels Desktop. TimeMachine demands an empty and exclusive partition?

I also have iDeneb 10.5.5 on AMD Athlon64 X2 PC and all vork just perfectly. I was tempted today to make the automatic 10.5.6 update but in the last moment to do it or not - i just gived up :wacko: I just know that i will spend one entire day to install everything from the scratch including apps etc ... those updates tends to screw up ur hackintosh install. thus if everything is working fine, im just fine with 10.5.5

Same here - I'm really tempted to upgrade from iDeneb 1.3 ie. 10.5.5 to 10.5.6, but I'm really scared that the whole box won't work afterwards. I'm nor so keen to haggle with the boot loader to just get it up and make it work again.

Basically everything works fine, but the 10.5.5 AFS networking (mounting/unmounting shares and stuff) is kind of ... unstable. I've repeatedly seen GSODs on my regular iMac when using network shares from my MacBook ... and to be honest, doing stuff like that was the only time ever when the Dell Dimension 5000 OSx86 showed me a GSOD. As the problem went away on the iMac after updating to 10.5.6 (Apple claims they've "Improve[d] Apple File Service performance" in 10.5.6), I assume I want 10.5.6 on the Dell pretty badly ASAP to fix it there as well.

So - I'd really love to see some n00b proof instructions how to upgrade your iDeneb 1.3 from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 - containing instructions what to keep in mind depending on which kernel you are using. ... Or a new iDeneb "1.4" with 10.5.6 which one could install from scratch.

Well i had my 10.5.5 system running perfect with iDeneb and today i was tempted to upgrade directly from software update. Bummer, I will have to spend this weekend reinstalling it all over ;)

Comp Specs EP35DSLR3 Q9450 2GB RAM 8800GTS 150GB Raptor.

I suggest to wait a bit more if ur system is running fine.

• 1 month later...

i tried updatingggg, grrr...

i can boot safe mode fine...but when i try regular I get a blue screen with no mouse...

I'm betting it is the GFX drivers for my 9800GT...however I can't seemed to figure out how to uninstall them...

I'm thinking of just doing a fresh install...however I can't seem to find the easiest way to do a 10.5.6 fresh

Hi guys,

I have been successfully updating to 10.5.6 from iDeneb 10.5.5, though facing same problem with my keyboard not being detected but I managed to solve it. :D

I've lost my battery icon also but install .pkg 10.5.3 power management from apple2pc, then I got my battery back. ;)

Also in System Profiler ( More Info tab ), it says error on getting Hardware Information.

Install AppleSMBIOS from iDeneb 10.5.5 and working.

But now, my machine only showing one core :) , used Menu Meter app, also showing only one core..

Any idea which kext I have to replaced ?

tq