Your hackintosh can't sleep since 10.5.6 ? Here is why

cyclonefr

34 posts in this topic

A million thanks guys!

I have an Asus P5E, sleep wasn't working with 10.5.6, monitor was shutting down but fans kept spinning. Reboot worked but very very slow (I had to wait around 30 secs) and shutdown worked only when it wanted to.

Now I've got sleep working again with the kexts from lazy.zip that Cyclonefr posted. Confirmed to work on my P5E.

Fixed the reboot and shutdown problems with Slice's latest IOPCIFamily.kext from the link above. Thanks Beerkex'd !

Confirmed to work on a P5E.

Thanks again!

A million thanks guys!

I have an Asus P5E, sleep wasn't working with 10.5.6, monitor was shutting down but fans kept spinning. Reboot worked but very very slow (I had to wait around 30 secs) and shutdown worked only when it wanted to.

Now I've got sleep working again with the kexts from lazy.zip that Cyclonefr posted. Confirmed to work on my P5E.

Fixed the reboot and shutdown problems with Slice's latest IOPCIFamily.kext from the link above. Thanks Beerkex'd !

Confirmed to work on a P5E.

Thanks again!

The same on P5K-SE worked I confirm!! thank you all! :(

• 2 weeks later...
Found it was caused by AppleUSBEHCI.kext

So what I did was putting EHCISleepEnabler.kext from Superhai and it fixed sleep with 10.5.6 for me. So now EFIX can steal this workaround and steal Superhai's kext to put it on their USB thumb to fix sleep. Thanks a lot Superhai !

PS : this has been known to cause EFI-X thumb drives to explode spontaneously, do not PUT it in the next EFIX update :rolleyes:

Have a nice day !

Thanks Cyclonefr,

Check and confirmed on retail 10.5.6 !!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys & gals

i need help.. my rig cant go sleep or power off correctly, some times it can but most of the time, its fail(power off). screen goes blank but fan still spinning. i dont really care bout sleep, but i do need the power off fix. it would be great if can share here. ive been google a lot but yet, seems the installer not giving the expected result. hope, there is hope for me.

reboot/ restart working fine. my machine spec as in my siggy. btw, im on vanilla kernel 9.6.0

thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It doesn't work for me.

Monitor goes to standby, PC stays on. Drive activity light comes full on for a while then turns off. Fans keep running, reset button doesn't work and I have to power off completely in order to restart. I've tried so many things, don't know what to do. Shutdown doesn't work either. Both sleep and shutdown was working in 10.5.5.

With Intel P35 mainboards based on P35 and ICH9 (e.g. DP35DP), the lazy.zip kexts don't work. Neither do the ones from slice.

What works is this DSDT fix (requires 10.5.7).

• 3 months later...
Found it was caused by AppleUSBEHCI.kext

So what I did was putting EHCISleepEnabler.kext from Superhai and it fixed sleep with 10.5.6 for me. So now EFIX can steal this workaround and steal Superhai's kext to put it on their USB thumb to fix sleep. Thanks a lot Superhai !

PS : this has been known to cause EFI-X thumb drives to explode spontaneously, do not PUT it in the next EFIX update ;)

Have a nice day !

:D Man, thanks for this link, I could solve my sleep problem, its working beautiful...I now need to solve the shutdown bug, it goes to the gray transparent screen with the black box in the center with the "You need to shutdown your computer hondling the power botton,,blablabla" message. Somebody have this bug solve on 10.5.6. I have a PCI-E Gigabyte S-series G3M1-S2L Inter core 2. I saw many post about that subject but I quite confuse, I'm not a programer or It guy. I already downloaded the PowerOff_bug_fix.pkg but I'm not shure about this fix. Can somebody solve this?