lemnisk8

lemnisk8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hey...

I get the foll. error:

localhost kernel[0]: Intel915LegacyEnabler: PCI provider is not vendor 8086 device 2582. Bailing.

I'm using all stock kernels except AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext which is from the 1st post ... but I get NO QE

cheers

k... figured it...

just deleted Intel915LegacyEnabler.kext... mercurysquad.... i guess tht was the old dfe kext probly...

cheers

asdf1smith

asdf1smith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Check your ids with dpci manager
DPCI

chuckcalo

chuckcalo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Didn't work for me on the Aspire One. Running voodoo kernel + 10.5.6.

Any tips ?

moly82

moly82

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Didn't work for me on the Aspire One. Running voodoo kernel + 10.5.6.

Any tips ?

Aspire One has gma900? I thought it had the gma950...... :)

chuckcalo

chuckcalo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I thought 950 was supported aswell since the file contains GMA950 in it.

srknylmz

srknylmz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i have a problem. it works but my mouse freezes when i writing in ms word, spotlight and changing a file name. (mouse doesnt freeze. mouse image freezes and it remains there.)

AdamTi

AdamTi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
works great! but the apple button on the menuy bar is a weird like, negative looking image (transparancy works), and all menus don't work, they are just overlapping images of whats behind them. i tried to old integrated framebuffer same deal. on kalyway 10.5.3, any help would be great thanks!

AdamTi

AdamTi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
any help?? here's what happens::

(when translucent menu bar is turned off in sys. preferences, the apple logo appears normal, not like it does in the picture, however, menus are still messed up...)
Posted Image

mercurysquad

mercurysquad

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 521 posts

any help?? here's what happens::

(when translucent menu bar is turned off in sys. preferences, the apple logo appears normal, not like it does in the picture, however, menus are still messed up...)
Posted Image

You still have patched kexts. You need ALL stock kexts before trying this. Install Leopard Graphics Update first.

And guys PLEASE DONT PM ME regarding this, I cannot provide individual help......

AdamTi

AdamTi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
sorry for the PM, no, i took the texts directly off the install disc (kalyway). i had tried leopard graphics update like, a few months ago and it messed everything up, blue screen, had to reinstall all together so i can't do that again. I will try reloading kexts off the install disc, hopefully that'll work.

moly82

moly82

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

sorry for the PM, no, i took the texts directly off the install disc (kalyway). i had tried leopard graphics update like, a few months ago and it messed everything up, blue screen, had to reinstall all together so i can't do that again. I will try reloading kexts off the install disc, hopefully that'll work.

use THESE stock kexts from 10.5.6.. not from kaly....

http://forum.insanel...&...t&p=1002095

then install the two kexts from the first post!!

AdamTi

AdamTi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
well, that worked on fixing the menus, but now i'm back to no QE support as if i didn't try this whole thing... i'm on 10.5.3 if that would affect the kexts you told me to download...

Ariel3d

Ariel3d

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi guys, i was wondering, will this work with an intel gma3100?i ask because it's similar to the gma900, but not the same as the x3100, if anyone know please answer, thanks!

moly82

moly82

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

well, that worked on fixing the menus, but now i'm back to no QE support as if i didn't try this whole thing... i'm on 10.5.3 if that would affect the kexts you told me to download...

i though tyou were on 10.5.6 or at least 10.5.5.. sorry... well I dunno so.... try yo update or install 10.5.5 iDeneb!!

beast01

beast01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Strange thing i noticed today - although everything seems to work fine after applying the mercurysquad fix in the system info my Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family ( 128 MB ) appears with only 64 MB VRAM

as the people on this topic share some similar hardware a little OT - is there a way to force the system to use only external monitor
mirror and extended desktop works perfectly but there's no option to shut down the laptop screen

iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 on pavilion dv4000

pentium M 1.8Ghz MMX SSE SSE2
chipset Mobile Intel Alviso-G i915GM
1GB RAM

moly82

moly82

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Strange thing i noticed today - although everything seems to work fine after applying the mercurysquad fix in the system info my Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family ( 128 MB ) appears with only 64 MB VRAM

as the people on this topic share some similar hardware a little OT - is there a way to force the system to use only external monitor
mirror and extended desktop works perfectly but there's no option to shut down the laptop screen

iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 on pavilion dv4000

pentium M 1.8Ghz MMX SSE SSE2
chipset Mobile Intel Alviso-G i915GM
1GB RAM

I am interested in this too.. I am just reducing the ligh of the laptop LCD right now..

one thing: how could you managed the mirror to work? here it does not work, I have some resolution problems.
The two LCD use different resolutions (1024x768 the laptop LCD, 1280x1024 the external LCD) and if I select the mirror option the external LCD use only a part of the screen in the middle, around it I have a black area. The only way to get rid of this black area is to set the external LCD to 1024x768 as well, but that is not good at all for a 19" display.. ;)
no problem with the extended desktop, I can change resolution on both the screens without any problem.

thanxs bye!

beast01

beast01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
one thing: how could you managed the mirror to work? here it does not work, I have some resolution problems.
The two LCD use different resolutions (1024x768 the laptop LCD, 1280x1024 the external LCD) and if I select the mirror option the external LCD use only a part of the screen in the middle, around it I have a black area. The only way to get rid of this black area is to set the external LCD to 1024x768 as well, but that is not good at all for a 19" display.. :)
no problem with the extended desktop, I can change resolution on both the screens without any problem.

I guess it's meant to be that way when there are two different screen sizes
it's the biggest shared ( or closest when two different proportions ) hardware supported res that is mirrored

asofan

asofan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
solved!

I have to say that I struggled to get this to work. I did this on my toshiba m55-s3293 (old, put proved to have the perfect hardware for a hackintosh)

Step 1: first I installed Ideneb 1.3 and selected no graphics drivers from the customize menu during the installation.
edit: you need to also install the application pacifist from the useful application list.

the install would go fine until I reboot and I am faced with the notorious light blue screen. no matter what I did (-x, -f, -v, Graphics Mode, etc...) I always end up with that blue screen.

Step 2: the only thing that enabled me to get to the system was to boot from the iDeneb CD again and hit f8 during the startup of the CD. Then I typed rd=disk0s2 -x

this command instructs the iDeneb CD to ignore booting from the CD and boot from the first hard Drive (disk0) and the Second partiton (s2) which is where I installed the osx iDeneb in step 1

This got me to boot the system in safe mode without the blue screen blocking the way.

Step 3: I used another machine to download the "Leopard Graphics Update for 10.5.2" from apple's website and then I downloaded the two kexts attached to this post. I then used a flash disk to transfer them to the machine where I installed iDeneb.

Step 4: install the Leopard Graphics Update. This didn't work for iDeneb because it's 10.5.5. The way to do it is to open the dmg file using the application Pacifist. you will find folder hierarchy simillar to that in the System.

in the package, go to System>Library>extensions and install all kexts that start with AppleIntelxxxxxxxx by dragging them to the application icon called Kext Helper b7 which is located in the iDeneb Folder in Applications.

when Kext Helper tells you that the install is fine, reboot the system as in Step 2

Step 5: once you are back in, install the two Kexts you downloaded from this post using Kext helper b7.

Step 6: when Kext helper tells you everything was installed fine, Cross your fingers and reboot normally without using the CD.

Your system should not hang at the blue screen anymore and you should have full qe/ci with hardware acceleration.

I hope this helps someone someday.

Jdm111

Jdm111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I get this after install
Attached File  Untitled.jpg   55.34KB   125 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy