[How To] Intel DG35EC Guide

slipttees

204 posts in this topic

Solved!

I reinstall a thousand times the Chamaleon and works!

100% working with nVidia 9500 GT 512 at full energy.

Tks a lot Sliptees!

;)

Hi!

I've tried to install SL. Everything is gonna fine until this step below.

When I command montou_hfs receive an error:

bash-3.2# mount_hfs /dev/diskXs1 /Volumes/EFI

GetMasterBlock: Error 2 opening /dev/rdiskXs1

GetMasterBlock: Error 2 opening /dev/rdiskXs1

mount_hfs: No such file or directory

Wt i doing wrong?

tk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there!,

Thanks for the great guide, I seem to be doing something wrong at the first part of the tutorial though (cdboot part). What I have done is burn the ISO file to a CD and put it in my drive then I reboot and press F10 it gives me a list of Hard Drives/Optical Drives and I eject the CDBoot Disk and insert the Snow Leopard Retail Disk. I wait 5-10 seconds and press F5 (nothing changes though) then I select my DVD drive and press enter. All that happens after that, is I am lead to a blank screen with a flashing _ and nothing happens at all.

Am I doing something wrong? I feel like an idiot, I'm new to the whole Hackintosh World

Your help is greatly appreciated!

-Dara

Hi there!,

Thanks for the great guide, I seem to be doing something wrong at the first part of the tutorial though (cdboot part). What I have done is burn the ISO file to a CD and put it in my drive then I reboot and press F10 it gives me a list of Hard Drives/Optical Drives and I eject the CDBoot Disk and insert the Snow Leopard Retail Disk. I wait 5-10 seconds and press F5 (nothing changes though) then I select my DVD drive and press enter. All that happens after that, is I am lead to a blank screen with a flashing _ and nothing happens at all.

Am I doing something wrong? I feel like an idiot, I'm new to the whole Hackintosh World

Your help is greatly appreciated!

-Dara

burn cdboot iso cdrw, put inside u dvd driver ^^

start pc... type f10 to select boot from "dvd rom" e type enter

waiting cdboot start, then, boot stop on chameleon screen, now, u eject cdboot, put snow dvd, waiting for 5seg, and type f5 to update list

now have new name "Mac OS X install", type Enter to start install process ^^

sorry my {censored} english...

DSDT

-------------------------------------------------

Fix AHCI | RTC | HPET | PIC | TMR

HDEF - Partial ... need help!

-------------------------------------------------

terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

send me the file

will be created in the user folder

terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

send me the file

will be created in the user folder

:-)

okay bro

dsdt.dsl.zip

burn cdboot iso cdrw, put inside u dvd driver ^^

start pc... type f10 to select boot from "dvd rom" e type enter

waiting cdboot start, then, boot stop on chameleon screen, now, u eject cdboot, put snow dvd, waiting for 5seg, and type f5 to update list

now have new name "Mac OS X install", type Enter to start install process ^^

sorry my {censored} english...

Hi! Thanks, when I boot up with the CD and I press F10 and select my DVD drive it just reboots, It's like a cycle it keeps rebooting and booting. Should I burn Chameleon to the Disk, aswell as the ISO?

EDIT: When I press F10 and select boot from CD drive, there's a blank screen for a few seconds. Then very quickly some text appears, I managed to catch it on video it says:

cdboot:init

cdboot: file size: 0004B8A0

cdboot: reading sectores: 0000009

cdboot: loading..........

cdboot: done_

Then it reboots and the process starts all over again... :$

Thanks, I tried the first link and it was all good until I booted the Snow Leopard DVD (using -v) but I had a problem, it kept saying Still waiting for root device? I tried putting the Boot CD back in but it didn't work.

Will try the second one, now

Thanks

Thanks, I tried the first link and it was all good until I booted the Snow Leopard DVD (using -v) but I had a problem, it kept saying Still waiting for root device? I tried putting the Boot CD back in but it didn't work.

Will try the second one, now

Thanks

You should not need another CD, but either way, check your bios settings

Also, are you using sata drives?

You should not need another CD, but either way, check your bios settings

Also, are you using sata drives?

Hi, yeah I'm using a SATA drive (one 500GB which has SL and a 320GB which had Kalyway) but I managed to get it to work, thanks. The only problem I have now is I can't boot up without the CD, I've followed the rest of the steps but when I boot up I get the "Please restart your computer" screen. And I can't seem to use my DVD drive in Leopard. I presume I need a kext but I don't know which one. My ODD is a plextor

Thanks for all the help!

all device sata port, check hpet in u bios and try again !

Everything is in SATA (it's on 0, got a 320Gb on 1 and the primary SL on 2) everything in bios seems to be normal but the weird thing is if I boot up onto my 320GB drive which has kalyway on it, it will recognise it there. It won't show up in snow leopard though. And I've been booting off that cd as well. What's hpet?

Another thing, i don't know if this is just me but when I use expose or dashboard, the graphics are kinda jittery and laggy. Is there anyway I can fix this? I've installed NVinject, NVenabler and Nutti. I'm using an 8600GT.

R

First Post updated !!

hi, ok so I followed al the steps in your first post. Except I didn't reinstall leopard, I just went from installing chameleon and on. (I also changed everything to the correct sata ports) but when I booted up, I got to the chameleon screen then it started booting but it came up with the screen which is basically the verbose version of "please restart your computer" and it didn't work, so then i tried booting off the cd but I keep getting "still waiting for root device" but when I change everything back to the normal sata ports, it all works fine

Another problem, when I boot off the cd and then try to install leopard, it starts to boot but then just freezes. I've tried doing this on numerous boot CDs but it's all the same. What should I do?

EDIT: when the sl install DVD freezes, I get the same "still waiting for root device" message

R

hi, ok so I followed al the steps in your first post. Except I didn't reinstall leopard, I just went from installing chameleon and on. (I also changed everything to the correct sata ports) but when I booted up, I got to the chameleon screen then it started booting but it came up with the screen which is basically the verbose version of "please restart your computer" and it didn't work, so then i tried booting off the cd but I keep getting "still waiting for root device" but when I change everything back to the normal sata ports, it all works fine

Another problem, when I boot off the cd and then try to install leopard, it starts to boot but then just freezes. I've tried doing this on numerous boot CDs but it's all the same. What should I do?

EDIT: when the sl install DVD freezes, I get the same "still waiting for root device" message

EDIT: check u bios, HPET, AHCI options, read first post, update u bios to newest, try again !

by