logout

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts

noname:~ psirus$ /Applications/hid2hci ; exit;
USB device 413c:8158 not found

Yet that device still shows up under system profiler->usb?? And you have it enabled in bios, and the radio hotkey light is lit?

psirus

psirus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Okay now this little tool isnt failing anymore ...but it still doesnt show up under profiler -> bluetooth =/

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts

Okay now this little tool isnt failing anymore ...but it still doesnt show up under profiler -> bluetooth =/

And you have bluetooth enabled in bios, and the radio hotkey light is lit, and you haven't replaced the broadcom drivers or modified their info.plists?
I give up.

psirus

psirus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
mhh what .kext file do u mean?

btw thx so far!!

i just checked it ...the bios is fine and the radio LED is lighted :/

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts

mhh what .kext file do u mean?

The one discussed in post #1 thru 6

psirus

psirus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
okay i havent change this IOBluetoothfamily kext file...but a bit strange is that in my file i cant find the specific vendor / product id parts

psirus

psirus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
can someone maybe upload the related .kext file from a system which is recognising the BT device?...i have setupped my system 5 month ago maybe i messed something up and now i can't remember ;D
\

BTW i'm not using chameleon bootloader could this be a problem?

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts
Here is a newer version of hid2hci. With this version, you can switch back&forth between HID mode and HCI mode. I've found that occasionally my bluetooth mouse seems to time out when trying to connect and I'm able to switch back to HID then back to HCI to correct things:[codebox]
hid2hci -r hid
verify that the mouse no longer works because we're in HID mode, then
hid2hci -r hci
verify that the mouse works after a second or two
[/codebox]
Use hid2hci --help to see all the switches (I made them compatible with the current bluez version of hid2hci)

Attached Files

psirus

psirus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
OMG ...i found the mistake...i had to install the bluetooth stack under vista dunno y but it is working now!

maybe add this to ur first post xD

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts
I just updated my DellBluetoothHCI so that the 10.6 version loads properly in 64 bit mode (the plist dependencies weren't working right with the old version).

See:
http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1239975

buffalo98

buffalo98

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Install the kext i attached to enable turn on and off bluetooth device directly on Mac. Combined with bcc9's DellBluetoothHCI kext. Thanks very much bcc9 for your great kext.

Attached Files

Dismounted

Dismounted

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Is it possible to port the other sections of hid2hci as well? I have a Logitech dongle that I'm looking to get working.

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts

Install the kext i attached to enable turn on and off bluetooth device directly on Mac. Combined with bcc9's DellBluetoothHCI kext. Thanks very much bcc9 for your great kext.

I guess this could be handy if the antenna hotkey hasn't been set up to power cycle bluetooth? I notice that your plist only matches on the bluetooth 370. I assume this should work for the other broadcom usb bluetooth devices like with my kext. Maybe you could expand it?

Is it possible to port the other sections of hid2hci as well? I have a Logitech dongle that I'm looking to get working.

The logitech code in hid2hci has some ioctl code that I don't know how to port. Specifically the HIDIOCINITREPORT ioctl in switch_logitech() looks to be a problem. And HIDIOCSUSAGE in send_report().
I'll put up the source if someone else wants to give it a shot.

buffalo98

buffalo98

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I guess this could be handy if the antenna hotkey hasn't been set up to power cycle bluetooth? I notice that your plist only matches on the bluetooth 370. I assume this should work for the other broadcom usb bluetooth devices like with my kext. Maybe you could expand it?

you're right! it can work for others bluetooth devices, what needs to do is to change the product id and vendor id.

Dismounted

Dismounted

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

I'll put up the source if someone else wants to give it a shot.

Yea, the source would be great. :(

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts

Yea, the source would be great. :rolleyes:

Took me a bit as I had fat-fingered the 1.0->1.1 changes and had to rewrite them (very unlike me).
I added the source to the post with the hid2hci 1.1 binary, over here

you're right! it can work for others bluetooth devices, what needs to do is to change the product id and vendor id.

Er, you could match multiple product ids in the plist like I did.

mbudden

mbudden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a HP Mini 110 with the Dell Trumobile 370 and this works like a charm. Thanks. Only if I could get this started at boot up so that it is always shown. Thanks a lot.

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts

I have a HP Mini 110 with the Dell Trumobile 370 and this works like a charm. Thanks. Only if I could get this started at boot up so that it is always shown. Thanks a lot.

If you install my kext it runs at boot time and will switch dell bluetooth cards to HCI mode automatically.

mbudden

mbudden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

If you install my kext it runs at boot time and will switch dell bluetooth cards to HCI mode automatically.

I installed the ktext but it doesn't come on with booting. I installed Ktext and also Repaired Permissions then rebooted. Turn on, doesn't work. Still have to run the little file in terminal to make it work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy