Dell Wireless 365/370/410 Bluetooth

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,268 posts

I have a dell 1340, however I have not been successful in getting my bluetooth to work using this kext, or the application that you previously posted. The kext loads successfully, so I'm not quite sure what is wrong...any ideas?

So, any troubleshooting info? I assume by load successfully you see "DellBluetoothHCI: Bluetooth HCI configuration request succeeded" printed out at boot time when you boot with -v, and that the broadcom device shows up under system profiler->usb. What about system profiler->bluetooth, that should show bluetooth all set up. What about the bluetooth icon on the desktop bar, does it show 'Bluetooth: off' or 'Bluetooth: on' or not present? Does turning off&on the bluetooth radio using the hot-key fix anything?

zmsilver

zmsilver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

So, any troubleshooting info? I assume by load successfully you see "DellBluetoothHCI: Bluetooth HCI configuration request succeeded" printed out at boot time when you boot with -v, and that the broadcom device shows up under system profiler->usb. What about system profiler->bluetooth, that should show bluetooth all set up. What about the bluetooth icon on the desktop bar, does it show 'Bluetooth: off' or 'Bluetooth: on' or not present? Does turning off&on the bluetooth radio using the hot-key fix anything?

When booting in verbose mode, I have not been able to see the kext load. When I kextload in terminal, it says 'kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/DellBluetoothHCI.kext loaded successfully'. In system profiler it says 'No information found'. I have no bluetooth icon in the menubar and the hot-key only seems to toggle wi-fi even though it is set to toggle both in the BIOS. Unfortunately, I do not have xp or vista on this machine to determine if I have a faulty bluetooth radio.

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,268 posts

When booting in verbose mode, I have not been able to see the kext load. When I kextload in terminal, it says 'kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/DellBluetoothHCI.kext loaded successfully'. In system profiler it says 'No information found'. I have no bluetooth icon in the menubar and the hot-key only seems to toggle wi-fi even though it is set to toggle both in the BIOS. Unfortunately, I do not have xp or vista on this machine to determine if I have a faulty bluetooth radio.

Again, what about system profiler->usb, what devices do you see under usb bus? You should see BCM2046B1 if you have the dell wireless 370 bluetooth and it's turned on.

zmsilver

zmsilver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Again, what about system profiler->usb, what devices do you see under usb bus? You should see BCM2046B1 if you have the dell wireless 370 bluetooth and it's turned on.

All I see is the webcam under the usb bus

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,268 posts

All I see is the webcam under the usb bus

So then it seems you don't have the bluetooth device powered up. Is the wi-fi hotkey above F7 dim/off? It should be fully lit. Check also that you have the wi-fi key set to enable 802.11&PAN (PAN=bluetooth) in BIOS.

zmsilver

zmsilver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

So then it seems you don't have the bluetooth device powered up. Is the wi-fi hotkey above F7 dim/off? It should be fully lit. Check also that you have the wi-fi key set to enable 802.11&PAN (PAN=bluetooth) in BIOS.

The key is lit, and PAN is enabled in the bios

Fredde87

Fredde87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Can confirm it works on my Dell Latitude E6500 with a Dell 370 Bluetooth card! Running 10.6 in 32bit kernel.

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,268 posts

The key is lit, and PAN is enabled in the bios

So I suspect either 1) you have a base model of 1340 with no bluetooth (why don't you just lift the cover and check or check your invoice?), or 2) you used old bios that had a bug with that bios setting and upgraded to a newer bios with the PAN turned off (at which point you apparently can't turn it back on without reverting the bios). See here: http://forum.noteboo...;postcount=2622

Can confirm it works on my Dell Latitude E6500 with a Dell 370 Bluetooth card! Running 10.6 in 32bit kernel.

Good to see a positive result; seeing a lot of simple "doesn't work" posts around here lately :D
Should work as a 64bit driver as well, though I'm stuck at 32bit because of the atheros drivers.

Fredde87

Fredde87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Yeah I am stuck in 32bit as well in order to get my trackpad to work, will switch to 64 when most people have recompiled their drivers to 64bit.

One little annoying this I noticed, every time the system starts up a window pops up saying a new network interface has been detected (Bluetooth DUN), do you want to configure it. Not sure if it is possible to only show this message the first time it is installed or not? If you chose yes then it opens the network preferences, but the bluetooth doesn't show up there, only in my menu bar. Is that normal?

Edit: Sorry me being stupid, if you Add a new Bluetooth interface to the Network Preferences then the message will stop appearing each time the kext is loaded.

zmsilver

zmsilver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

So I suspect either 1) you have a base model of 1340 with no bluetooth (why don't you just lift the cover and check or check your invoice?), or 2) you used old bios that had a bug with that bios setting and upgraded to a newer bios with the PAN turned off (at which point you apparently can't turn it back on without reverting the bios). See here: http://forum.noteboo...;postcount=2622

My system came with the A07 bios, would it be possible for me to have this problem if I did not upgrade it? I really appreciate all of your help!

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,268 posts

My system came with the A07 bios, would it be possible for me to have this problem if I did not upgrade it? I really appreciate all of your help!

No, I don't believe so. So do you have a bluetooth card or not? Dell ships the 1340 with windows or linux installed so it doens't make sense that you can't verify whether you have working bluetooth with the shipped OS.

psirus

psirus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
HI i installed the driver and they are loaded but my BT is still not working =/ .

i checked the Info.plist and the vendor and product id seems to be correct.

Profiler:

BCM2046B1:

Produkt-ID: 0x4500
Hersteller-ID: 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.)
Version: 1.00
Geschwindigkeit: Bis zu 12 MBit/s
Hersteller: Broadcom
Standort-ID: 0x04400000
Verfügbare Stromstärke (mA): 500
Erforderliche Stromstärke (mA): 94

Composite-Gerät:

Produkt-ID: 0x8157
Hersteller-ID: 0x413c (Dell Inc.)
Standort-ID: 0x04410000
Erforderliche Stromstärke (mA): 2

Composite-Gerät:

Produkt-ID: 0x8158
Hersteller-ID: 0x413c (Dell Inc.)
Standort-ID: 0x04420000
Erforderliche Stromstärke (mA): Unbekannt (Gerät wurde nicht konfiguriert)

tk1741

tk1741

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
just want to share my experience with this bluetooth and dell latitude e6400.

The files in this thread worked perfectly for me. I have a dual boot machine with vista and found that disabling the bluetooth in vista (via control panel -> bluetooth device -> bluetooth settings -> options tab) caused the bluetooth not to show up in OSX. Enabling it in vista, made the bluetooth show in OSX.

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,268 posts

HI i installed the driver and they are loaded but my BT is still not working =/ .

you see "DellBluetoothHCI: Bluetooth HCI configuration request succeeded" printed out at boot time when you boot with -v?
And the device is showing up under system profiler->bluetooth?

psirus

psirus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
no unfortunately it fails =( do i need to install more than your BT .kext?

LOG:
Sep 2 23:13:26 localhost kernel[0]: DellBluetoothHCI: OSX version 1.1: supporting Dell bluetooth devices only
Sep 2 23:13:26 localhost kernel[0]: DellBluetoothHCI: by bcc9@insanelymac.com <bcc24x7@gmail.com>
Sep 2 23:13:26 localhost kernel[0]: write_command: failed with System: 0038, subSystem 0001, code: 004f.
Sep 2 23:13:26 localhost kernel[0]: DellBluetoothHCI: Bluetooth HCI configuration request failed

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,268 posts

The files in this thread worked perfectly for me. I have a dual boot machine with vista and found that disabling the bluetooth in vista (via control panel -> bluetooth device -> bluetooth settings -> options tab) caused the bluetooth not to show up in OSX. Enabling it in vista, made the bluetooth show in OSX.

Yes, disabling the PAN (bluetooth) radio via BIOS or Dell's quickset plug-in in the control panel would have the same effect, that being to make bluetooth unavailable.

Sep 2 23:13:26 localhost kernel[0]: write_command: failed with System: 0038, subSystem 0001, code: 004f.
Sep 2 23:13:26 localhost kernel[0]: DellBluetoothHCI: Bluetooth HCI configuration request failed

Do you get the same error when you manually run hid2hci from the terminal?

psirus

psirus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
not sure what u mean? can u give me the terminal command?

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,268 posts

not sure what u mean? can u give me the terminal command?

hid2hci

psirus

psirus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
i;m sry i can run this command what programm do i need to install?

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,268 posts

i;m sry i can run this command what programm do i need to install?

Scroll back to post #10 (also referenced in post #1)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy