i found the alc888.txt from the dumps available on the main topic of Taruga

saved it and dragged it over onto the apple hda app, and i get this error

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20

Codec : \f0\fs26 \cf0 Realtek ALC888\

Vendor Id : 0x10ec0888\

Subsystem Id : 0x18491e01\

* Detected unsupported \f0\fs26 Codec

i already checked on xp and my realtek card chipset is indeed 0888

also inside of system/lib/extensions I only have the apple azila kext and no other hdaenabler.kext =s

iv been renaming it to .txt instead of .rtf and still getting the exact same error

**edit** i right clicked on the msi txt and saved it as is no changes its still a .txt plain text and tada..error but a different one

Codec : Realtek ALC888

Vendor Id : 0x10ec0888

Subsystem Id : 0x14624327

* Detected unsupported Realtek Codec

thanks for the help alyosa

For people having trouble with getting the same problem i was with the

*unsupported codec*

try to remove the files that alyosa mentions

-appleazila.kext

-appplehda.kext

for me i had to remove them over the terminal for some reason, then i had a kernel panic (voodoo 9.5.0 RevA) so i had to force shutdown, rebooted dragged the alc888-2.kext file onto the hda patcher it did its thing, i rebooted and now i have headphones, and its detecting other inputs/outputs ill post an update in a little bit on what other inputs/outputs work

Yea my computer doesn't shut down now, and all i can think of would be the audio driver/patch.

btw is there anyway to fix the after standby freezing/getting locked (repeated 7777 like you said alyosa)?

also for those wondering about getting sound out with their hdmi with the alc888-2.txt and hda patcher, it doesn't work, or at least for me.

And most options for sound like 2.1,3.1,4.1,5.1 or configuration over 2 channel stereo is just not supported yet

I'v got speedstep on in bios i don't know how well its working since i cant find a realtime cpu clock like cpuz (tried cpux) maybe it is showing it accurately as a full time multiplayer of 11

If CPU-X is showing same frequency (2100) then speedstep is not enabled, if i could find the right p-states maybe it could work, i can upload my intelenhancedspeedstep.kext, but no guarantees, the values of the frequencies are the ones shown in cpuz in windows, but the voltages are chosen from 1.000 to 1.250 as they are shown here http://ark.intel.com/cpu.aspx?groupId=33916

cpu_x.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I see very interesting topics here. I own MSI GX700 /1719 laptop, and I tried your methods for CPUS=2. Yes, I could enable both cores in iDeneb 1.3 / leo 10.5.5. There where some problems:

1. During install I had to choose Nvinject 512 since if I do not choose any video driver the computer comes into black screen ( I tried to boot with -x "safe mode" but it came into black screen again ). But when try again and choose Nvinject 512 from the "Customize" install dialog the computer comes into normal screen, but my mouse stacks, which gave me the idea that this can be a display driver issue. I reboot with "-x" flag into safe mode, so I can set the name, region, pass etc.. options. The computer ran well in safe mode. Well, I installed Voodoo kernel, Chameleon and the DSDT patch to be able to boot with both cores.

2. Again in safe mode I trashed the Nvinject.kext and installed the same Nvingect.kext version I got from the Internet using the osx86xtools or Kext helper tool ( I do not remember ), and after reboot I could run my machine normally ( not in safe mode ). Therefore I think the iDeneb install DVD can not properly patch the Nvinject.kext, something like that....

The problem: I opened the System Profiler to have a look at Graphics/Displays if everything is o.k and I found out that the "Quartz Extreme" is not supported which is important for some pro apps, and can cause sluggish dysplay behaviour. After that I tried to trash the Nvinject.kext and install some old Nvinject[1].41 that supported "Quartz Extreme" at least in Kalyway 10.5.2, but no luck againg - the "Quartz Extreme" is not supported. What can be the reason - iDenebt ?

Right now I returned back to Kalyway 10.5.2 and installed the latest NVinject.0.2.1_512Mb.zip and it supports "Quartz Extreme" there. The problem is I do not know how to patch the Kalyway with the "Chameleon" boot file ( I can patch the DSDT there ). Where is the dir of the "boot/chameleon file" file I have to replace in Kalyway ??? In iDeneb the boot file is placed in the main dir where the OS is installed....

Thanks in advance !

Well, for some reasons I returned back to iDeneb 1.3 ( I'v tried 1.4 - no problems during install, but during boot, it hands on the Apple boot logo ). For now, the Nvinject[1].41 injector works properly with iDeneb 1.3 for me, but no Quartz Extereme ( QE ) yet. I tried to remove the injector and install the EFI studio ( Geforce 8600 GT device) which applys strings to the com.apple.Boot.plist file. Using EFI strigs the video driver seems to be o.k but no QE and "Hardware acceleration" yet...? Any ideas ?

Hey Tangra, this is what i have in my system profile for graphics, and as you can see i used the NVinject from install, i tried installing the newer version but i had slightly sluggish performance, so went to 0.2.1. Maybe try that out.

But I'm about to reinstall with the iDeneb 1.4 and ill see if that works out.

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0407

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Thanks for your replays guys !

Alyosa2001, your method with Nvinject v52 works even without osx86- I just tryed a fresh install... Now my video card has full support QE, GL etc.. but the OS starts to stack randomly after a few mouse movements or what else so I need hardware restart...

Seems to be some video hardware problem see...

I could run Kalyway 10.5.2 for months with full graphic support - no problems till this January. I have dual boot system XP and Leopard. For some stupid reason I updated my bios with last one from MSI - 1.22 Vista here. I noted that my Leopard started to stack randomly after this bios update. The most weird thing is that MSI do not provide any info what their bios update fixes actualy. What I suspect is some kind of video card firmware which causes this issue. Till now I do not have any problems in XP ( but I do not run any 3D apps or games ). I tried to flash the bios back to v.19 ( under DOS as they recommend or use special flash tool ). Some problem in osx86 with QE enable. Can you provide some details about you computer bios setup - BIOS build version and EC build version ? The other reason is more weird ... I had a Pavilion zd8000 before which Atix600 mobility wich just died and I had to throw away this machine. The first simptom was, that I lost the 3D i.e QE and could run in software acceleration only. After a few months the video card died totaly... It was internal - no repare ...

Alexalex123 - can you be more detailed about your ALC888 tip. Do you install any ACL888 audio injector from the install DVD "Customize" dialog ?

You mentioned to remove some kext " Azila" - does it a spell mistake, so I can find "Azalia" .... I need to have some line IN for my audio card to be able to use some Audio apps ?

Thanks

i never used vista bios-es, i see no reason for r it , i see you use xp also

Right but it does not matter if the bios is XP or Vista - have a look at this forum , there are many threads about Bios flash etc... Well I just flashed my bios back to its original xp 3.19 but same result with the QE behaviour in OSx86. It's strange since in XP I could test the video card using GPU Caps Viewer and it seems to be o.k By the way which NVinjector do you use during the NVinjectV.52 installation - 512Mb ( desktop ) or ( GO/Mobility )? I tried Go mobility which must be the right one for 8600m GT but the Laptop boots into black screen. After that I opened the NV installer with Pacifist and saw that there is special GO/Mobility 512 kext so I tried again and same black screen... Well finally I instaled 512Mb for desktop cards but I'm having QE troubles as I said.

yes, it is appleazaliaaudio.kext, use taruga's patcher

Obviously I'm missing some step... Do you install ALC888 injector from your install DVD or you just install AzaliaAudio.

For example I install AzaliaAudio from the install DVD or later from Azalia Package installation so I have 2 outputs only and no Input, mic etc... I tried the ALC888_MSI.txt you provided as plain text and when drug it to the Taruga's patcher 1.20 and I'm having the same error like Alexalex123:

Codec : Realtek ALC888

Vendor Id : 0x10ec0888

Subsystem Id : 0x14624327

* Detected unsupported Realtek Codec

I tried to remove the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and AppleHDA.kext from the extensions dir but same result ?

I'm missing something ...

Any help will be high appreciated !

The Go/Mobility injector starts the default display on external monitor (HDMI i Think) so unless u have one go for the desktop one, and use not the first xp BIOS, but the second or later. The default BIOS was not good for me as it couldn't use the sata AHCI in XP and i some people say the notebook is noisier.

You should read the previous posts, as these 2 matters were allready debated( video and sound) try removing all your azalia injectors and repair permissions with diskutil

In other order of ideas, has anybody tried the new iDeneb? any progress with speedstep?

In other order of ideas, has anybody tried the new iDeneb?

I tried to install it several times using different Customize settups. The installation passes well, but after the reboot the machine stacks at the Apple turning logo. The ACPI Fix is missing in the new Customize wizard though the info says that it is patched in the install. I opened the installation DVD with Pacifist but could not find it....

Alyosa, about the MSI Bios - I missed to download the versions between the xp 3.19 and 3.22, so I flashed my bios directly to 3.22 which probably causes my video problems. Could you attach a Bios zip file with middle version's couse MSI do not offer old bios versions if you still keep one.

Thanks !

I tried to install it several times using different Customize settups. The installation passes well, but after the reboot the machine stacks at the Apple turning logo. The ACPI Fix is missing in the new Customize wizard though the info says that it is patched in the install.

Maybe you need to use AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleAPIC.kext from iDeneb 1.3 , check this thread about iDeneb 1.4 Installation Tips http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;mode=threaded

Alyosa, about the MSI Bios - I missed to download the versions between the xp 3.19 and 3.22, so I flashed my bios directly to 3.22 which probably causes my video problems. Could you attach a Bios zip file with middle version's couse MSI do not offer old bios versions if you still keep one. e

I think i have an older version of the bios on a cd somewhere, but i use 3.22 too , i will search for the cd

Hey Tangra for the audio i installed with Apple Azilia

Then after it booted i went into osx, downloaded the aple hda patcher

got the file that Alyosa attached, i just directly dragged the file from safari right onto my desktop.

then I went into System/Libary/Extensions and deleted

- Appleazilia.kext

- Applehda.kext

Then once that was deleted i draged the .txt right onto the applehdapatcher app, let it run, restarted and selected sound inputs/outputs

And hey Tangra, does your sleep mode wake properly? and have you replaced your wireless card by anychance?

iDeneb 1.4 Leopard 10.5.6 PERFECT INSTALLATION on Laptop MSI GX700 !

1. Run the installation DVD and check next boxes in the Customize wizard:

- The " iDeneb Essential System" box is checked by default ( leave it as it is ).

- Audio -->ALC-->ALC888 ( this injector will give you hedphones, line input, digital out etc...

without to use any patches )

- Chipset --> ICHx Fixed

- Fix --> Battery Manager ( works properly in this release )

Do not check Cpus=1 ( you will need one or two times to boot manually with flag cpus=1 - I'll

explain later ...)

-Video -->Nvidea-->Nvinject-->Nvinject 0.2.1 512Mb

- Applications --> Kext Helper

> OSx86Tools etc...

Note: Do not select any Kernel in the Kernel box. This way the new Apple default Vanilla 9.6 will

be installed ! Otherwise you will have USB plug and play troubles lately cause the Kernel and the

System.kext versions will not match !

2. After the Installation your machine will try to boot and will freeze on the Apple logo. That's why

since the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and the AppleAPIC.kext are not fixed in this iDeneb release, so we need to get the last ones from iDeneb 1.3.

Get them here - fixed_acpi_kexts.zip.

Now you need to boot into Windows XP ( or what else dual boot ) and use some app like

MacDrive 7 and above, to be able to replace the kext files.

- browse with MacDrive your OS X main OS install (HFS) partition, i.e system/library/extensions.

Select both folders labeled as AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleAPIC.kext and delete them. Copy the fixed kext files from the iDeneb 1.3 and paste them in the same dir, where you have deleted the original kext folders. You may over right the original ones as well....

3. Boot the OS X ( do not forget to hit F8 during bootloader and type cpus=1 ).

There will be no sound during the "Welcome" logo yet, - we will fix that with "Repair Permissions" lately. After you fill all account settings iDeneb will appear with an error message "System extension cannot be used". To fix that go to OS X main dir - System/Library/Extensions and trash/delete both kext files ( AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleAPIC.kext ) we replaced in XP in step 2. Go to Applications ->iDeneb App and open Kext Helper tool. Drag the iDeneb 1.3 fixed kext files, type your password and hit "Easy Install". This will install the Kext files properly and will fix the error. Do not reboot yet !

4. To enable both cores you need to place both files packed in this cpu2_files.zip to your main OS dir ( you can delete the "boot" file there or over right when prompt ).

5. Repair the permissions with the "Disk Utility" tool and reboot. Done !

6. After reboot, go to your AMS ( Audio Midi Settup ) and swich the audio output from Headphones to Speakers ( it will not auto switch any more ).

About INTEL SPEEDSTEP

It can be enabled during the installation no problems. For my first installation I used "Voodoo

kernel 9.5 " so I did some test using it. Lately I found out that the USB plug&play does not work

cause the issue I metioned in step 1 - ( see the Note ). So the test is based on Voodoo kernel.

Well, I do not trust any CPU diagnostic utilities ( use them to see the hardware setup only ). So I

prefer to test the CPU using some heavy Audio or Video project with pro apps to see their

behavior with "Speedstep" enable/disable system Bios setting.

So, I used Logic Pro 8.02 for the test. I made a heavy test project using more than 20 software

instrument based on samples, FM synth, and inserted tons of FX plugins in the software

instrument channel strips. I saved this project and played it two times ( with one reboot to

enable/disable the Intel Sppedstep in the Bios ).

- First Entry ( Speedstep is NOT enabled ). The Logic CPU meters ( which are much more accurate than the system meters ) showed about 50% CPU usage for each core.

- Second Entry ( Speedstep is ENABLED ). The Logic CPU meters showed 25% for each core.

This means that iDeneb 1.4 handles very well with that, so the Speedstep does what it must do,

giving almost 50% CPU optimization. I'll do the same test with Vanilla 9.6 ( my Logic is still installing yet ) and report again.

CONCLUSION

IDeneb 1.4 is the most rock solid osx86 I'v ever tried ! The Video driver from the install DVD just

runs perfectly with QE etc.. support enabled ( no tools are needed ). The OS runs absolutely fast.

Fast boot and reboot. ( Note you will reboot a bit little slow till you set everything as described ).

And it needs two or three normal boot, some running, and reboot to cash fully the OS.

No SLEEP preblems at all. After the system sleep, you just switch on the power button and it's o.k !

USB plug & play PROBLEM FIXED in iDeneb 1.4

As I mentioned in the last post, there was USB plug & play problem in iDeneb 1.4 with Voodoo 9.5.since the Voodoo kernel version is 9.5 and the System.kext in iDeneb 1.4 is version 9.6. Both version do not match, so this caused the problem. I tried to get and replace the System.kext from iDeneb 1.3, but had a kernel panic with the Voodoo, when tried to insert any usb device.

So I tried to search if there is some new Voodoo 9.6. Yes here it is:

Voodoo_XNU_9.6.0_V1.1.pkg

INTEL SPEEDSTEP

My last test using the original Vanilla kernel 9.6 ( I did not find the new Voodoo yet ) did not give any result. So does not matter if you Enable or Disable the Speedstep in the BIOS - the computer uses same CPU when has some serious processing.

Now I installed the new Voodoo 9.6 and voala ! About 40-50% optimization with Speedstep Enabled !

thanks for the guide Tangra

i did everything that you said and got it booted up and working alongside xp

did all the kext/cpu stuff and audio

installed vanilla kernel.... and then when i put it to sleep it goes to sleep.. when it wakes up.. kernel crash..?

also how did you check that your cpu was optimizating?

what bios are you running?

and is there anything else?