131 replies to this topic

alexalex123

alexalex123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
o0okay thanks for that alyosa

Iv got the 2 cores working now, but sleep doesn't work 100% when i put the computer to sleep its fine but when it comes out of it the first core goes up to 100% while the 2nd core is around 8 -20 % and then the computer freezes.

And checking right now how long the battery is lasting for and its not looking to good so far. it cant shot the time left just says (calculating) but it shows percent and thats going down pretty quickly.

a few more questions alyosa, have you figured anything out for the sound inputs/outputs, whats your work around for the not supported wifi card?, and is your battery able to last the average battery life as xp ( for me it was usually around 1 and a half hours to about 2 hours but now on osx i seem to be getting 40 minutes

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
The battery life is minimal, about 40 minutes because the speedstep kernel is not working, check this forum
http://forum.insanel...howtopic=137666
The P-states need to be manually inserted, it tried and it worked, but only at 1197 and 1596 clocks, the battery lasted about an hour and a half.
I don't know how to fix the sound, no headphones or microphone input , i didn't try other kexts
As for the wifi drivers here is the main discussion forum http://forum.insanel...showtopic=84072
Haven't found a way to playback 1080p mkv in fullframes, although it does play some 720p's

PS When it restarts from sleep mode, it acts as if you constantly hit keyboard 7
when only the display goes to sleep it is OK, no processor extraload

joebarboat

joebarboat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hi,
thank you to alyosa for this great job!!!
I have now managed to get 10.5.5 runing on my GX700 with 2 cores That's great and it's realy fast and stable now
I have no problem when it comes back from sleep.
In a previous install (without 2 cores) I had the headphones working, so the ones who needs them should try some other driver specially the ones on iDeneb "ALC889" or the one patch by Tagura

I have a request about the 2 cores, I type cpus=2 at boot after the F8 flag.
But I would like to know what to do to keep the 2 cpus activated without need to type it at each boot

colonell

colonell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Doe's anybody can clear which bootloader and kernel most usable for GX700 (from Ideneb 1.3 distro)?
Do I need to make some modification after Ideneb installation ? For my LG R700 (GX700 powered) laptop
only one core working.

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

I have a request about the 2 cores, I type cpus=2 at boot after the F8 flag.
But I would like to know what to do to keep the 2 cpus activated without need to type it at each boot

You have to edit the com.apple.boot.plist located in /library/preferences/systemconfiguration/ and remove the folowing lines:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>CPUS=1</string>
save it on the desktop, replace it and reboot.

Does anybody can clear which bootloader and kernel most usable for GX700 (from Ideneb 1.3 distro)?

Do not select any kernel, just the ACPI patch, ICH fix, Powermanager fix and CPUS=1 - fix

Do I need to make some modification after Ideneb installation ? For my LG R700 (GX700 powered) laptop
only one core working.

Yes, you need to install the DSDT patcher and the voodoo kernel, read the first page

In a previous install (without 2 cores) I had the headphones working, so the ones who needs them should try some other driver specially the ones on iDeneb "ALC889" or the one patch by Tagura

Can you please paste a link, is it Taruga or Tagura?

EDIT: i've tried Taruga's HDA Patch 1.20, sound works in headphones but you manually have to select it in SYSTEM PREFERENCES/SOUND/OUTPUT, anybody knows a way to automaticaly do it?

alexalex123

alexalex123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
hey im having a problem with the applehdapatcher1.20
i found the alc888.txt from the dumps available on the main topic of Taruga
saved it and dragged it over onto the apple hda app, and i get this error

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20

* Detected unsupported \f0\fs26 Codec

i already checked on xp and my realtek card chipset is indeed 0888

also inside of system/lib/extensions I only have the apple azila kext and no other hdaenabler.kext =s

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
"Dont use codec dumps in Ritch Text Format, convert to Plain Text, read FAQ" - Taruga
http://forum.insanel...mp;#entry628894

this codec worked for me, still no internal microphone or headphones autoswitch

Attached Files

alexalex123

alexalex123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
iv been renaming it to .txt instead of .rtf and still getting the exact same error

**edit** i right clicked on the msi txt and saved it as is no changes its still a .txt plain text and tada..error but a different one

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20

* Detected unsupported Realtek Codec

alexalex123

alexalex123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
thanks for the help alyosa

For people having trouble with getting the same problem i was with the
*unsupported codec*

try to remove the files that alyosa mentions
-appleazila.kext
-appplehda.kext

for me i had to remove them over the terminal for some reason, then i had a kernel panic (voodoo 9.5.0 RevA) so i had to force shutdown, rebooted dragged the alc888-2.kext file onto the hda patcher it did its thing, i rebooted and now i have headphones, and its detecting other inputs/outputs ill post an update in a little bit on what other inputs/outputs work

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
By the way, does yor computer shuts down now? On mine i have to manually press and hold the power button

alexalex123

alexalex123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Yea my computer doesn't shut down now, and all i can think of would be the audio driver/patch.

btw is there anyway to fix the after standby freezing/getting locked (repeated 7777 like you said alyosa)?

also for those wondering about getting sound out with their hdmi with the alc888-2.txt and hda patcher, it doesn't work, or at least for me.

And most options for sound like 2.1,3.1,4.1,5.1 or configuration over 2 channel stereo is just not supported yet

alexalex123

alexalex123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hey has anyone with this notebook and iDeneb tried doing the 10.5.5 to 10.5.6? please let me know

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Any luck with Speedstep?

alexalex123

alexalex123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I'v got speedstep on in bios i don't know how well its working since i cant find a realtime cpu clock like cpuz (tried cpux) maybe it is showing it accurately as a full time multiplayer of 11

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

I'v got speedstep on in bios i don't know how well its working since i cant find a realtime cpu clock like cpuz (tried cpux) maybe it is showing it accurately as a full time multiplayer of 11

If CPU-X is showing same frequency (2100) then speedstep is not enabled, if i could find the right p-states maybe it could work, i can upload my intelenhancedspeedstep.kext, but no guarantees, the values of the frequencies are the ones shown in cpuz in windows, but the voltages are chosen from 1.000 to 1.250 as they are shown here http://ark.intel.com...x?groupId=33916

Attached Files

Tangra

Tangra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hi guys,
I see very interesting topics here. I own MSI GX700 /1719 laptop, and I tried your methods for CPUS=2. Yes, I could enable both cores in iDeneb 1.3 / leo 10.5.5. There where some problems:
1. During install I had to choose Nvinject 512 since if I do not choose any video driver the computer comes into black screen ( I tried to boot with -x "safe mode" but it came into black screen again ). But when try again and choose Nvinject 512 from the "Customize" install dialog the computer comes into normal screen, but my mouse stacks, which gave me the idea that this can be a display driver issue. I reboot with "-x" flag into safe mode, so I can set the name, region, pass etc.. options. The computer ran well in safe mode. Well, I installed Voodoo kernel, Chameleon and the DSDT patch to be able to boot with both cores.
2. Again in safe mode I trashed the Nvinject.kext and installed the same Nvingect.kext version I got from the Internet using the osx86xtools or Kext helper tool ( I do not remember ), and after reboot I could run my machine normally ( not in safe mode ). Therefore I think the iDeneb install DVD can not properly patch the Nvinject.kext, something like that....

The problem: I opened the System Profiler to have a look at Graphics/Displays if everything is o.k and I found out that the "Quartz Extreme" is not supported which is important for some pro apps, and can cause sluggish dysplay behaviour. After that I tried to trash the Nvinject.kext and install some old Nvinject[1].41 that supported "Quartz Extreme" at least in Kalyway 10.5.2, but no luck againg - the "Quartz Extreme" is not supported. What can be the reason - iDenebt ?

Right now I returned back to Kalyway 10.5.2 and installed the latest NVinject.0.2.1_512Mb.zip and it supports "Quartz Extreme" there. The problem is I do not know how to patch the Kalyway with the "Chameleon" boot file ( I can patch the DSDT there ). Where is the dir of the "boot/chameleon file" file I have to replace in Kalyway ??? In iDeneb the boot file is placed in the main dir where the OS is installed....

Thanks in advance !

Tangra

Tangra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Well, for some reasons I returned back to iDeneb 1.3 ( I'v tried 1.4 - no problems during install, but during boot, it hands on the Apple boot logo ). For now, the Nvinject[1].41 injector works properly with iDeneb 1.3 for me, but no Quartz Extereme ( QE ) yet. I tried to remove the injector and install the EFI studio ( Geforce 8600 GT device) which applys strings to the com.apple.Boot.plist file. Using EFI strigs the video driver seems to be o.k but no QE and "Hardware acceleration" yet...? Any ideas ?

alexalex123

alexalex123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hey Tangra, this is what i have in my system profile for graphics, and as you can see i used the NVinject from install, i tried installing the newer version but i had slightly sluggish performance, so went to 0.2.1. Maybe try that out.
But I'm about to reinstall with the iDeneb 1.4 and ill see if that works out.

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0407
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Rotation: Supported
Display Connector:

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
hey tangra, for the video i used nvinstaller v1.52, not just plain nvinject.kext, and then enable QE from OSX86Tools

Tangra

Tangra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Thanks for your replays guys !
Alyosa2001, your method with Nvinject v52 works even without osx86- I just tryed a fresh install... Now my video card has full support QE, GL etc.. but the OS starts to stack randomly after a few mouse movements or what else so I need hardware restart...
Seems to be some video hardware problem see...
I could run Kalyway 10.5.2 for months with full graphic support - no problems till this January. I have dual boot system XP and Leopard. For some stupid reason I updated my bios with last one from MSI - 1.22 Vista here. I noted that my Leopard started to stack randomly after this bios update. The most weird thing is that MSI do not provide any info what their bios update fixes actualy. What I suspect is some kind of video card firmware which causes this issue. Till now I do not have any problems in XP ( but I do not run any 3D apps or games ). I tried to flash the bios back to v.19 ( under DOS as they recommend or use special flash tool ). Some problem in osx86 with QE enable. Can you provide some details about you computer bios setup - BIOS build version and EC build version ? The other reason is more weird ... I had a Pavilion zd8000 before which Atix600 mobility wich just died and I had to throw away this machine. The first simptom was, that I lost the 3D i.e QE and could run in software acceleration only. After a few months the video card died totaly... It was internal - no repare ...

Alexalex123 - can you be more detailed about your ALC888 tip. Do you install any ACL888 audio injector from the install DVD "Customize" dialog ?
You mentioned to remove some kext " Azila" - does it a spell mistake, so I can find "Azalia" .... I need to have some line IN for my audio card to be able to use some Audio apps ?
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy