ALC663 Realtek HD-Sound issue

soulreaver1337

51 posts in this topic

sorry, but i have changed to ubuntu linux for the first time. i thought i wait a little bit and i hope apple will build in some of these chips because i also tried million of configurations without any success :(

My thread about the ALC663 and my Asus G50V got deleted, dont know why but, did u manage to get the volume to appear on the bar? because i have but i dont have any sound :-/... I am using the Azalia drivers which i have modified alit...

look at screenshot -

http://warez-dk-toolz.org/files/77eau4sral9wo9f5h3cv.png

My thread about the ALC663 and my Asus G50V got deleted, dont know why but, did u manage to get the volume to appear on the bar? because i have but i dont have any sound :-/... I am using the Azalia drivers which i have modified alit...

look at screenshot -

http://warez-dk-toolz.org/files/77eau4sral9wo9f5h3cv.png

dude can u send a link for your mod?

I just recently installed 10.5.5 iAtkos on my Asus M70VM-X1 (ALC663) and I'm in the same boat with you guys. I just wanted to add a voice of support for the cause! I'm not a developer but if there's anything I can do to lend a hand (I.E., testing) just let me know!

I just recently installed 10.5.5 iAtkos on my Asus M70VM-X1 (ALC663) and I'm in the same boat with you guys. I just wanted to add a voice of support for the cause! I'm not a developer but if there's anything I can do to lend a hand (I.E., testing) just let me know!

the boat is getting bigger, and no captain yet. LOL i been at it for 3 months hopefully soon.

Peace.

with ubuntu the dump did not work, and i am seeing that some realtek cards are not capable of working with hdapatcher, so i know tuarga was suppose to be working on version 2.0 but that never came to fruitation, and i know not where he is or what the status of the project is...

with ubuntu the dump did not work, and i am seeing that some realtek cards are not capable of working with hdapatcher, so i know tuarga was suppose to be working on version 2.0 but that never came to fruitation, and i know not where he is or what the status of the project is...

can any one help with this?

a fellow member sent this link but even with google translate - we think the russians got better support for it then we are getting here... please if u can help us lowly 663'ers

http://www.applelife.ru/noutbuki42/asus_f3...ikak/11437.html

I just wanted to add these two docs to the thread. They are product datasheets for Realtek ALC662 & ALC663. Maybe they can aid in creating a working kext for our ALC663? Inside them you will find device diagrams and detailed information about the hardware. If there's a working ALC662 kext, maybe we can mod it for our chipset?

ALC662_DataSheet_1.2.pdf

ALC663_DataSheet_1.0.pdf

Ok, my sound output is working on the speakers right now!!! I used the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext posted in post#28, and now i'm getting sound out of my speakers! I've been messing with the applehda.kext file and others in my extensions folder tonight, so I'm not entirely sure what did it. But it's working (sort of)! My mic, line-out and spdif jacks aren't working, so you can't use headphones. I can change the volume with the tray icon, but can't figure out how to use the hardware fn keys for volume. There is hope!!! I'll see if I can remember what else I changed.

Ok, my sound output is working on the speakers right now!!! I used the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext posted in post#28, and now i'm getting sound out of my speakers! I've been messing with the applehda.kext file and others in my extensions folder tonight, so I'm not entirely sure what did it. But it's working (sort of)! My mic, line-out and spdif jacks aren't working, so you can't use headphones. I can change the volume with the tray icon, but can't figure out how to use the hardware fn keys for volume. There is hope!!! I'll see if I can remember what else I changed.

WHY THE HELL DONT I! :P... omfg.

Can you upload your applehda.kext, and have you removed ac97audio or some other things?

And are u running 10.5.5 or 10.5.6?

Thank you!

GDI - i had to turn my lappy off last night (no sleep mode here) and when i booted it up the sound has stopped working!!! OMFG I had it working for a half hour last night it was great. I have renewed hope that this will work. I'll look at it later tonight after I get off work and report back if I get it working again. The weird thing is all I changed was I installed a program called "ControllerMate" to re-assign some of my F- buttons to control the volume-up and volume-down. I seriously doubt installing this program has anything to do with the sound breaking again. Could osx have over-written some kext information during start-up / shutdown? Hmm... I'll post back later and see what I can find!

There is always hope! I have also managed to get some kind of sound out of the HP only... The sound is very choppy, Its like the bass is 80 % and everything else is 20%. The vocal gets more clear when i go over 100% volume fx with VLC... I achieved this with the azalia i modded...

Well after much fiddling I am back to where I was the other night. I have audio through speakers (sound is rather tinny - don't think the subwoofer is working) and if you connect headphones to SPDIF out you get sound, although the speakers will continue to play even while your headphones are plugged in. I got sound through speakers by totally removing AppleHDA.kext and ALCInjector.kext and by installing the modded kexts attached to this post. I thought you guys might like to know that you can at least get some audio feedback from speakers in this method. For some reason the System Profiler app says no audio hardware is present with this method...?

I spent a bunch of time with trying to mod the AppleHDA.kext tonight with no luck. At one point I had the system profiler showing all the ports mapped 100% correctly (at least to my knowledge) but there was no audio devices in system prefs and obviously no sound.

So if you'd like to see if this works to give you at least some sound through your speakers, try it (i suggest making a backup of your files beforehand!).

EDIT: I just wanted to add that with this method I am actually able to get my Jabra BT620 stereo bluetooth headphones working (with great results)! Not quite the best solution, but it's usable for now! Wewt!

EDIT 2: I rebooted and what do you know? It stopped working. No more audio through speakers, although I still have the device "HD Audio Output" under my sound preferences. The volume keys are bringing up the on screen display as though the speakers are working, but there's no sound any more... Any ideas?!?

Azalia_AC97_Kexts_for_663.zip

Ok, I'm not sure what's going on, but my sound is back. I notice that when my sound stops working thru external speakers, my bluetooth module is not recognized. So I reboot into windows, mess around with the fn-key and the manual WLAN/BT switch on the side of my laptop to be SURE that both the bluetooth and wlan modules are physically enabled, reboot and bam - sound is working thru speakers again! I think there's something about these ASUS laptops, they are finnicky/buggy when it comes to the BT/WIFI switch(es).

Anyway, the speakers sound pretty decent, but I want my built-in mic, headphone jack, line-in mic, and SPDIF out to work... so back to work I go.

PS- Anyone know how to view which KEXTs are loaded at a given time? I want to determine which kext is actually working...

Toasted Logic!

Do you also have an Asus G50V ?

I cant get this {censored} working at all... I am running 10.5.6 right now, doesn't work there either...

Can you upload your DSDT.aml? it has maybe something to do with that?

Do you use EFI strings?

Toasted Logic!

Do you also have an Asus G50V ?

I cant get this {censored} working at all... I am running 10.5.6 right now, doesn't work there either...

Can you upload your DSDT.aml? it has maybe something to do with that?

Do you use EFI strings?

well i installed it on my asus m70vm and it worked, rebooted as it has not worked since... but funny enough it does has something to so with the damn bluetooth wifi switch, when i installed it i made sure switch was off, and had the BROKEN icon, and it worked sound was good, but then on a reboot it went away again, and the bluetooth was still broken, i have not been able to regain that sound...

Is there a way to physically bypass the stupid switch without cutting the wires to it (I guess I can look as easily as anyone else), like maybe there is a snap on type connector that runs from the switch to the motherboard. I hate that switch anyway, it is totally useless when you can just use software control, and every single time I attempt to use the switch the fn key will end up switched around and I have to jump through hoops to get them back in line.

Sorry, that was just a quick rant about the pointless switch, but it really would be good to be able to bypass it so that issue can be eliminated from the sound equation. I'll try to open it (G50V) up later and take a look.

Turanli, I have the Asus M70VM-X1, it is very similar in base hardware to your G50V I believe. My laptop has an intel PM45 chipset, T9400 core2duo (2.53ghz), ALC663, Intel AGN 5100 (wish this worked), and GeForce 9600M GS (512mb).

I don't use EFI strings, and I've never modded (at least to my knowledge) an DSDT.aml file. I'm running 10.5.6 on vanilla kernel - updating fine through apple update.

greyreap - I feel your pain. I have no idea why they gave us two options to switch the bt/wlan off. I have the same problem constantly (at least in windows) where the two switches get out of synch. It's a big PITA. Let us know if you decide to mod your switch and what results you get!

For now, i am going to go back to seeing if i can patch AppleHDA. I want my headphone jack and built-in mic working!

I only have bluetooth when i boot in Verbose... -v in boot flag... Do u guys have the same thing? Does the bluetooth appear in lspci?

Btw i have already patched the AppleHDA by following one of the Tuts, but i never understood the thing with pin config - verbs etc... Will i get sound from AppleHDA without pin config?

Turanli, I have the Asus M70VM-X1, it is very similar in base hardware to your G50V I believe. My laptop has an intel PM45 chipset, T9400 core2duo (2.53ghz), ALC663, Intel AGN 5100 (wish this worked), and GeForce 9600M GS (512mb).

I don't use EFI strings, and I've never modded (at least to my knowledge) an DSDT.aml file. I'm running 10.5.6 on vanilla kernel - updating fine through apple update.

greyreap - I feel your pain. I have no idea why they gave us two options to switch the bt/wlan off. I have the same problem constantly (at least in windows) where the two switches get out of synch. It's a big PITA. Let us know if you decide to mod your switch and what results you get!

For now, i am going to go back to seeing if i can patch AppleHDA. I want my headphone jack and built-in mic working!

hey toast, I am with you same machine, and each day that goes by is driving me nuts using vista, i cant even get Xp to work properly - i am so sad, such a great machine, cant use XP, and cant fully get OS X to work, Vista aka mojave aka full of sh*t bloated crapware is all i got...