• Please log in to reply
743 replies to this topic

fassl

fassl

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 623 posts

Works perfect here..

I can't wake from sleep. (Never even before patching)

If you want me to test some solution, i'm here...

Attached my fixed dsdt...

try this one and report back please: Attached File  dsdt.aml.zip   20.79KB   57 downloads

Wiwi

Wiwi

InsanelyMac Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Waw what a fast answer !!

Tested and doesn't work... Hack doesn't seems to go completly to sleep with this dsdt (LED and fans are always on - before go to sleep (fan off...))

But thanks man, we're on a good way !!!!

Give another to test when you want !

Sorry for english...

pasi

pasi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment successifully initialized and temperature of cpu significantly droped. Fan works like on Windows , siliently. Cant wake from sleep and no both cores. Sleep i newer used cos i'm always on AC power.
laptop hp530 :lol:

lord_muad_dib

lord_muad_dib

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 3,398 posts
does it work on amd systems too?

fassl

fassl

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 623 posts

does it work on amd systems too?

DSDT is in BIOS, shouldn't matter what cpu you have.

Waw what a fast answer !!

Tested and doesn't work... Hack doesn't seems to go completly to sleep with this dsdt (LED and fans are always on - before go to sleep (fan off...))

But thanks man, we're on a good way !!!!

Give another to test when you want !

Sorry for english...

What AppleACPIPlatform.kext are u using?

kruteshok

kruteshok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
No luck with last version of patcher :( Package 0 didn't get an HPET. Vanilla kext's.

Attached dsdm_fixed.

Attached Files

fassl

fassl

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 623 posts
Are you sure you booted up with the modified DSDT? I have here dozens of DSDT's with HPET Device that are exactly like yours, and they work with appleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

If you are really sure it booted up with the modified DSDT then try this one: Attached File  kruteshock.txt   182.17KB   79 downloads

kruteshok

kruteshok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Are you sure you booted up with the modified DSDT? I have here dozens of DSDT's with HPET Device that are exactly like yours, and they work with appleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

If you are really sure it booted up with the modified DSDT then try this one: Attached File  kruteshock.txt   182.17KB   79 downloads

Thanks for the answer. I tried your file, but HPET dont work. I think that i boot up with modified DSDT. I just cp dsdt.aml /DSDT.aml. also installed modified boot.

Wiwi

Wiwi

InsanelyMac Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

What AppleACPIPlatform.kext are u using?

Version 1.2.1 (found in PS2Fix by pcwiz)

fassl

fassl

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 623 posts

Version 1.2.1 (found in PS2Fix by pcwiz)

Hmm then i dont know, it works here with 1.2.1 and vanilla Kernel. Maybe the pcwiz installer version contains non Vanilla kexts in AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns

I would just try and copy a vanilla appleacpiplatform.kext from an installer package, just to be sure.

greetz

@Kruteshock: sorry then i dont know what went wrong

mackerintel

mackerintel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Thanks for the answer. I tried your file, but HPET dont work. I think that i boot up with modified DSDT. I just cp dsdt.aml /DSDT.aml. also installed modified boot.

Try to dump the DSDT using GetDSDT and compare it with /DSDT.aml

kruteshok

kruteshok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Try to dump the DSDT using GetDSDT and compare it with /DSDT.aml

Its identical. 18083 bytes.

Wiwi

Wiwi

InsanelyMac Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Sleep is back with vanilla ACPI kext, but it doesn't wake...as before !

No idea ? Is my kind desperate ?

mackerintel

mackerintel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Sleep is back with vanilla ACPI kext, but it doesn't wake...as before !

No idea ? Is my kind desperate ?

This kind of things "Sleep but no wake" are the most difficult to diagnose since any device can break the waking up. I also have similar problems. If I find out sth I'll post here

kruteshok

kruteshok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
i tried new version of chameleon dsdt override, but still no luck. Chameleon wrote messages: New DSDT loaded. ...... No ACPI Version 2. Ignoring.

Everything ok, but HPET still dont work with AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext.

mackerintel

mackerintel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

i tried new version of chameleon dsdt override, but still no luck. Chameleon wrote messages: New DSDT loaded. ...... No ACPI Version 2. Ignoring.

Everything ok, but HPET still dont work with AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext.

Or perhaps you have some kind of disabler kext installed. I would try it again on a clean install

Wiwi

Wiwi

InsanelyMac Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
I was thinking about... This trick can't solve some commons problems ?

For example use of PCGenUSB to make USB 2.0 working (force acquiring ownership), or the use of some resolvers for SMBios (By modding DMI ???? no ?)...?
Battery ---yes i've seen it somewhere....? (Don't think about Audio and Graphics...)

....Just to know what we could hope !!!?

Thanks man, your work is great.

What do you think about OpenBIOS ???

mackerintel

mackerintel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

I was thinking about... This trick can't solve some commons problems ?

For example use of PCGenUSB to make USB 2.0 working (force acquiring ownership),

I don't know how exactly ownership is acquired probably modifing DSDT could help (since ACPI is the main interface to whatever stays from BIOS in protected mode) but perhaps not if problem is in reality somehow controlled-related. Will have a look at ACPI specs

or the use of some resolvers for SMBios

SMBIOS can indeed be loaded the same way as modified DSDT. I'll probably implement it.

Battery ---yes i've seen it somewhere....?

Again I don't know the exact protocol for battery on macs but it seems to involve SMC. And fassl already began emulating it. Let's wish him good luck

(Don't think about Audio and Graphics...)

Perhaps even that I heard that people make the built-in audio information appear by BIOS mod. Now I'm also looking for people having "VGA dongle" problem since perhaps it can be resolved by DSDT-mod

About coreboot: to use coreboot you need to flash your BIOS. Actually flashing BIOS you could modify DSDT since a long time OriginalMACNUT is doing this. Using coreboot is probably risky if you have no way of recovering your old BIOS. Also I don't think that coreboot wil ever support more than a handful of mobos. But I would like to be proven wrong about this last statement

Wiwi

Wiwi

InsanelyMac Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Ok thanks good news in perspective...i'm here for future testing !

Wiwi

Wiwi

InsanelyMac Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Again i was wondering... :D :D :)

With DSDT could you emulate a "redirection" ?

Explication :
I have a card reader not recognized by OS X, like a lot of users, because it seems to be not attached to any USB, Firewire or PCMCIA/ExpressCard controller:

08:03.1 SD Host controller [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter [1180:0822] (rev 22)
08:03.2 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller [1180:0843] (rev 12)
08:03.3 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter [1180:0592] (rev 12)
08:03.4 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller [1180:0852] (rev 12)

These components works natively for some users (like EEE users...), because they're attached to usb controller...That's why i have this idea...
These "SD Host controller" and "System peripherical" needs drivers (seems not to be USB or PCMCIA...), or perhaps could you attach them to usb, firewire (who has the same brand for me and works as an OHCI component=RICOH) or expresscard controller ???

No ?
I'm dreaming... But for those simple composants...perhaps...? :P ^_^ :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy