• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Zero0000

Zero0000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Making OS X usable to all computer owners. Testing Bootloaders. Installing OS-X Retail on Intel...
Well here is the Diamond Xtreme 16-Bit 5.1 PCI Audio Device Drivers for OS-X.
It may work on other C-Media Devices as well.

I am currently using this now and I can confirm it does work properly.

Use Kext Helper b7 to install the driver.Attached File  CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext.zip   146.42KB   269 downloads

NickRiley

NickRiley

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Well i have integrated C-Media 6501, it's recognized as USB Audio and everything works well, but i miss my 6 Channels audio, so, i'm thinking about connecting my X-Sound 5.1 PCI card (CMI8738), will this driver enable 6 channels output?

kineticvision

kineticvision

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Use Kext Helper b7 to install the driver.Attached File  CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext.zip   146.42KB   269 downloads

Dude all I can say is THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent a few frustrating days screwing around with my built in sigmatel HD Audio. I finally gave up today. While I was at Staples I bought this Diamond Xtreme for 20 bucks. I checked this forum on my blackberry before I left the store and this driver works!!!!

Ahhhh...sweet sound!

jmartin

jmartin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I just resurrected my rig, after months of neglect due to new Macbook purchase.

Asus p5k
q6600
7300gt

Before when I installed kalyway 10.5.1 the diamond card worked out of box even though it did not show up in system profile. After updating a fresh 10.5.1 to 10.5.6 card stopped working but this kext worked with 10.5.6. Thanks

Oelmuvun

Oelmuvun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Could someone please verify something? Diamond Xtreme 16-Bit 5.1 and other CMI8738 cards still have non-functional audio input as according to the wiki, ( http://wiki.osx86pro...3rdPartyDrivers ) correct? No new developments?

6klub

6klub

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I know this is an old post, but I just had to say THANK YOU!!!!!
;)

antisomnic

antisomnic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I also wanted to thank you. I installed it on Lion once and it worked great. I just happened to reinstall it and now it's not working right. I don't know what's different. The sound is crackly. Do I need to have another next that I may be missing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy