Perfect Install Guide for 10.5.5 on Intel DG33FB Motherboard

Zero0000

15 posts in this topic

This guide is to hopefully answer all of the questions I have seen about how to run OSx86 on this Motherboard.

Ok, first off for all you noobs i will not tell you where to download the OSx86 DVD I used, so don't ask.

With that being said, let's do this.

Things you will need:

0: SATA Hard Drive, and DVD Drives , IDE will not work

1: Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

2: The Onboard Ethernet kext (Intel82566MM.kext.zip)

3: The Vanilla Kernel Shutdown/Restart fix kext (OpenHaltRestart.kext.zip)

4: The 10.5.3 ComboUpdate Fixed (Not Kalyways)

5: The 10.5.4 Delta Update

6: The Pre and Post 10.5.5 ComboUpdate Patches (i will give a web archive of the page to find them)index2222222.zip

7: The Official 10.5.5 ComboUpdate .PKG

8: A DVI or HDMI Connection to your Monitor ( VGA won't work, i have tried)

Once you have all of this stuff we can begin.

1: Set SATA to run as IDE not AHCI in your BIOS (the OSx86 DVD will not boot in AHCI Mode)

2: Insert the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD in the DVD drive and boot it (this may take a little while so be patient it will boot when it is ready)

3: After the DVD boots and you have chosen your desired language. Open the Disk Utility(Found in the Utilities section of the bar at the top).

4: Select the desired SATA Hard Drive you wish to install to, then choose the partition option.

5: There will be a drop down menu that says "Current Partition Scheme" or something like that, use it to select the desired number of partitions.(I usually have only 1 per HD)

6: Click the "Options..." Button and select MBR Partition Scheme (APL an GUID are not working yet)

7: Now Name your Partition and Apply( be sure partition format is Mac OS Extended Journaled)

8: Now exit the Disk Utility.

9: Click Continue and then select the partition you just made to install on, once you at the point where you are able to customize the installation, click "Customize..".

10: Now leave everything checked except what i tell you to uncheck.

11: Uncheck the sleep kernel, and check the Vanilla Kernel

12: Uncheck ALL Network Items (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)

13: Check the correct Audio/Video Drivers for your setup

14: Check the Time Machine Fix and the Intel Memory Controller Fix

15: Uncheck the French Keyboard fix unless you need it and make sure you install Kext Helper b7 from the Applications area.

16: Click Done.

17: Now click Install.

18: After it restarts, and you have put in all of your info and are at your Desktop. Open Kext Helper b7, unzip the openhaltrestart.kext to your desktop and drag it to Kext Helper b7 and click Easy Install after entering your password.

19: Once it is done, restart.

20: Back at your desktop unzip Intel82566MM.ket to your desktop and install with kext helper b7 like before. Then restart.

21: Now install the 10.5.3 ComboUpdate Fixed. then restart.

21(a): If you are using an Nvidia GFX Card you may need to install the latest NvInstaller PKG after the restart to fix the Quartz Extreme being disabled.

22: Install the 10.5.4 ComboUpdate Delta, then restart.

23: Place the Pre-ComboUpdate PKG, Post-ComboUpdate PKG, and Official 10.5.5 ComboUpdate PKG on the Desktop.

24: Run the Pre-ComboUpdate PKG.

25: Run the 10.5.5 ComboUpdate, DO NOT RESART YET, LEAVE THE INSTALLER WINDOW OPEN.

26: Run the Post-ComboUpdate, after it has finished, you may click the restart button on the 10.5.5 ComboUpdate Installer Window.

27: After it restarts the first time it will restart automaticly without showing the desktop, THIS IS NORMAL.

28: Then it will boot normally. Now you have a fully updatable Hackintosh.

Note: The Pre and Post patches may work for future Official ComboUpdates so don't toss them.

I hope this guide helps those of you wanting to install OS X on this Motherboard. I was one of you for a long time and there was no clear install guide for this motherboard or especially the 2 Gigabit Ethernet so I figured I would be the one to post it.

If anyone comes up with a way of successfully installing GUID without having to keep an OSx86 DVD in the drive to boot, please PM me about it so i can update the guide.

Also any working Boot 132 Configurations (like what Kexts i need to add to boot) for this Motherboard are desired. Then I will create a OSx86 DVD just for us DG33FB Users (but once again i am unsure what kexts i need to add for booting this MoBo)

Well anyway, Enjoy your new Hackintosh!!!!

this is the very long time installation

i have another method to write down

what you need

----------------

Leo4All v3 disc (10.5.2)

intel DG33FB mobo

core 2 quad or core 2 duo CPU

2 gb ram

nVidia chipset based graphics card (Must have)

installation

---------------

1 ) no need to change IDE or AHCI

2 ) update bios from intel website

3 ) install Leo4All

4 ) than install The Onboard Ethernet kext (zip.gif Intel82566MM.kext.zip ( 45.37K )

everything run fine

i use it without any problem Last 3 months

if u like run 10.5.2 version is great or update with the

Pre & Post update to 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 or 10.5.5 or earlier

well enjoy Hakintosh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This Is what I've done so far:

Intel DG33FB mobo

BIOS set to AHCI

Using Boot 132 : boot_dfe_modbin.iso

Installed Mac OS X 10.5.4 Retailed on GUID Partition Hard Drive (I made two partitions so I can move the Boot 132 file to the first partition)

System boots fine and shuts down fine "Vanilla".. I'm liking this board more and more

Now I will Attempt an update and Try to add Graphics and Networks Kexts

Any help on how to do this is much appreciated "Installing Kexts using the Boot 132 method"

• 4 weeks later...

My system spec:

Mobo: Intel DG33FB

Processor: Intel Quad Q6600 @2.4Ghz(4Cores)

Memory: 4GB HDD: 25gb

Graphic card: Nvidia 7400gs

Audio: ACL888

N/w: Aethros5006 wireless card.

Display: Viewsonic VA1703wb 17'

I have been running this for a month now:

What I installed: iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5

Default installation items like Language translation, Fonts, etc..

Patches:

Audio:ALC888 AppleHDA Patch by Taruga

Chipset:VIA-SB

Kernel:Did not choose anything (left it blank) Default installation installs 9.5.0 Vanilla

Network:- Wireless: Ahteros Wifi Adapter

Fix:

ACPI-Fix : Checked

Cpus=1-Fix : Unchecked

AppleSMBIOS :Checked all

FireWire Remove : Checked

ApplePS2Controller : Checked

IOUSBFamilyFix : Checked

Powermanagement : Checked

PowerOff_Fix : Checked

Video:NVidia:NVinject 0.2.1 per 128,256,320,512,640,768 Mb e 1Gb

Applications: Checked all

Everything works like a charm except that the system will not restart with reboot command.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy board owner here as well, I've been tinkering with this since last May. Here's how I did it:

First time via Kaly10.5.2 distro and updated along the way to 10.5.4, great for starting out but I've always had the feeling I've got extra junk in the extensions I don't need. Further exacerbated by the inability to update beyond 5.4 without a KP on boot., and yes I tried many ways, many times.

So last week I decide to sit down and get the cleanest install possible from a retail disk. Again trying various methods I reformatted a HD to GUID and I've had absolute flawless success with the grub-dfe.iso and have updated my retail 10.5.1 to 5.5 without any issues. I've added 3 kexts to get full system function:

AppleVIAATA.kext: v0.2 from
, it works for our Marvell ATA as well.

LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext from
Full AHCI recognition.

OpenHaltRestart.kext

I have a natively recognized LAN card but there is a kext for the onboard controller out there, additionally I've added a kext for my soundcard and NVinject.kext (I know I could do a efi string for video but NVinject has always worked so well) but that's it. The partitions I've installed to in this fashion are also recognized in the Startup Disk preference panel though I haven't tried rebooting in this fashion. :P

I used CCC to put the retail install DVD on a small partition on one of my drives and by using the grub-dfe.iso I can boot into it directly for a fresh install anywhere. Far faster than by disk.

Will be trying to get it going stable on 10.5.6 but so far attemps work but my fans run fast and there seems to be some AHCI issues with finder not promptly reading SATA disks and having to pause. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd post back here as I've figured out a couple more key things to get full functionality from this board:

:) Onboard Audio - ALC888S HDA, 2 kexts (AppleHDA & HDAEnabler) posted by icchansan here. Audio in and out work perfectly (no front panel headphone though) and full System Profiler report. I haven't tried it yet but Stickpins method here looks like it might work as well.

Onboard Ethernet - Intel82566MM.kext, pretty well known fix but thought I'd put it here again to consolidate things.

I'm now using Slimbuild Final for a boot132 startup with the following kexts:

• dsmos.kext

• Intel82566MM.kext

• IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext

• IOATAFamily.kext

• LeagcyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext

• OpenHaltRestart.kext

• SMBIOSEnable.kext

The created disk works fine at boot with my SATA DVD-RW drive but no go on the IDE DVD-RW, not sure why but it doesn't. This boots my GUID partitions, MBR, Windows XP and all other bootable partitions via the DOS prompts. It's faster and more elegant than the grub-dfe.iso I was using before.

I've given up on a stable 10.5.6 as I can't really see the benefits and I've wasted too much time trying plus 5.7 will be out soon to be followed by SnowLeopard so why bother?

Good luck all

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I would like to know about Pre-ComboUpdate PKG, Post-ComboUpdate PKG ,

I googled it but didn't find such PKG on net.

Please let me know about Pre-ComboUpdate PKG, Post-ComboUpdate PKG files and from where I can download it.

thanks

Dvguy

Hello,

The index222222.zip link is not working.

I would like to know about Pre-ComboUpdate PKG, Post-ComboUpdate PKG ,

I googled it but didn't find such PKG on net.

Please let me know about Pre-ComboUpdate PKG, Post-ComboUpdate PKG files and from where I can download it.

thanks

Dvguy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
this is the very long time installation

i have another method to write down

what you need

----------------

Leo4All v3 disc (10.5.2)

intel DG33FB mobo

core 2 quad or core 2 duo CPU

2 gb ram

nVidia chipset based graphics card (Must have)

installation

HI,

i`m a newbie to MAC. I have good installation experience working experience under windows and also on Linux . I just downloaded leo version , guess its 10.5.6 (or)10.5.7 from torrents. Burnt the dvd and the dvd also boots, just boots and initializes the MAC configuration utility that identifies the processor types and thats it.No further response. I`m sure DVD is burnt properly.

After going through various pages in the discussion forum, i`m now totally confused. I just need a clear installation instruction to install MAC on my PC which had core 2 quad processor, DGFB33 motherboard with 2 gb RAM.

I tried changing Sata confiuration to IDE and more even, as discussed in the forums.

I can follow the instructions, carefully. Please, do post me the perfect one for my system configuration, starting with bios adjustments.I`m really in need of help.

Thanks

---------------

1 ) no need to change IDE or AHCI

2 ) update bios from intel website

3 ) install Leo4All

4 ) than install The Onboard Ethernet kext (zip.gif Intel82566MM.kext.zip ( 45.37K )

everything run fine

i use it without any problem Last 3 months

if u like run 10.5.2 version is great or update with the

Pre & Post update to 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 or 10.5.5 or earlier

well enjoy Hakintosh

• 2 weeks later...

6: The Pre and Post 10.5.5 ComboUpdate Patches (i will give a web archive of the page to find them)index2222222.zip

I'm a dg33 kalyway 10.5.5 user. Want to update to 10.5.8. Will your pre/post update patch work after 10.5.8 combo update ? But, the link leads to nowhere ! Please provide me a link to those patches.

Lifeonmac

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey i have the same DG33FB mb. and i am folowing your process. I have things to start installation but three things are missing. i am not sure about which 10.5.3 comboUpdate Fixed i should use, if not kalyways.

Things l need:

4: The 10.5.3 ComboUpdate Fixed (Not Kalyways)

5: The 10.5.4 Delta Update

6: The Pre and Post 10.5.5 ComboUpdate Patches

Once i will have these three, i can begin the installation process. plz help me.