87 replies to this topic

zedogas

zedogas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
About VX-1000 in Snow Leopard 10.6.4...
I have some results, far from 100% (in video). I need a help to continue the process...

audio (100% ok)

I made audio works on my VX-1000 for all programs in snow leopard 10.6.4

1) downloading and installing the following driver http://www.sonix.com...oad.do?d=4838,2
2) after installing run this fix http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=38727 deflating in /Library/QuickTime
3) Change the /Library/QuickTime/Contents/Info.plist searching for idproduct and setting 247000 value and idvendor to 1118.
4) Change all entries in <asicPSnsrPwrDnInv> to 0.
5) Save, your audio it`s done.

VIDEO:

The same thing above but the webcam video only works with monitor CAM software built in SONIX driver. Programs like Skype, iChat, photobooth give crash and do not run.

Anyone can help me? "Bad tongues" talk that this is a UVC trouble.

DeepXP

DeepXP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I too tried to get this working by couple of ways posted in the forums but so far none of them work. The only way worked for me was via Mac Cam but the quality was very bad.. (it used to flickr) and the cam worked only in MacCam's app.

robrecord

robrecord

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I have got this to work in Snow Leopard 10.6.4 :) :D

Skype works, audio works, all webcam apps work - except I haven't tried iChat yet.

I used the latest Sonix driver that was recently updated.
I applied the fix, creating a new product class and replacing the product ID code.
I put it in the main Library: /Library/Quicktime, rather than the user library.
Make sure to move/remove the MacCam driver!

Here's the new driver (version 1.02.001):

Attached Files

dynmosaic

dynmosaic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

tried VX-6000 with old skype 2.7.0.330 and it works. most apps will crash after you close video but until then no problem. every version of skype 2.8 will crash no matter what. http://mac.oldapps.c...hp?old_skype=32

Sonix SN9C201 WebCam.component in /Library/QuickTime

I have Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000. I have downloaded the latest driver from Sonix website.

How did you manage to have your webcam show in iChat, Photo Booth, FaceTime (Beta)?
I tested mine, it will show my video in EvoCam, and Sonix's Webcam Monitor, but all other WebCam applications are reporting no camera detected, such as Skype. Must be some settings I did were wrong.

Could you or anyone else give me a hint?

BTW, I'm in Snow Leopard 10.6.4

Update: After reboot, I can get Skype (2.8.0.863) to connect to the WebCam now, but Photo Booth, FaceTime Beta, iChat all reports with no camera attached to this computer.

Update 2: After use Skype 2.8.0.863 for a while, the system became stuck, so I have to reboot. But I remembered there is a program called ManyCam (available free for Mac: http://download.manycam.com/?os=mac, it has support for Snow Leopard), so I installed that, in Skype, I chose ManyCam as my Camera Source. This time after I used Skype, the system seems to be still functioning okay. However, still no go for iChat, Photo Booth, and Facetime beta. Since EvoCam, ManyCam can reliably use this WebCam, the WebCam driver must be good, then what's the problem? Someone could help, Please?

robrecord

robrecord

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

.... still no go for iChat, Photo Booth, and Facetime beta .... Someone could help, Please?

Apple do not support USB 1.1 webcams for use with their own apps, as far as I am aware. You used to be able to use an app to get round this called iUSBCam ( http://www.ecamm.com/mac/iusbcam/ ), but it's no longer being developed. I don't know if there is an alternative.

From http://discussions.a...hreadID=2432594

The way video is processed in Snow Leopard is different to Leopard and therefore the iUSBCam utility does not work.
The number of Internal cameras on Mac computers and screens plus the availability of UVC compliant cameras (Virtually exclusively USB 2.0) means that Ecamm has stopped development.

I know of nothing else that replaces this function.
However although it has not been updated for a while and says it does not work in iChat there is CamTwist which may provide you with another option.
Part of what CamTwist could/can do is collect part of the Desktop as the Video pic what some people did was to use this to get a pic from their camera support/preview app and get that into iChat.
I am sure there are other apps like this out there that might provide a solution of a similar nature.

If you have USB2.0 ports new cameras might be the easiest route.
http://www.mac-compatible-web-cam.com/
As well as these some things like the X-Box 360 camera is UVC compliant and had a USB connector.

dynmosaic

dynmosaic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Apple do not support USB 1.1 webcams for use with their own apps, as far as I am aware. You used to be able to use an app to get round this called iUSBCam ( http://www.ecamm.com/mac/iusbcam/ ), but it's no longer being developed. I don't know if there is an alternative.

From http://discussions.a...hreadID=2432594

Thanks rob for your explanation. I thought LifeCam vx-6000 is USB2.0. I better double check.

I will also look into CamTwist to see what it can do. Will report back later.

Update 1: No, CamTwist does not support iChat
Update 2: Skype 5.0 Beta for Mac has support my lifecam vx-6000, it actually does not support ManyCam, but I am not worried.

dxellas

dxellas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

May i ask which editor shows you the xml file in this table view ? The simple Editor in iATKOS S3 2.0 just opens a txt file.

I got my VX-1000 to work on my Mac OSX Leopard. Here are the steps:

1 Download the Sonix driver as stated above.
2 Install the driver as per instruction.
3 Open Library/Quicktime/Contents/Info.plist
4 Search for idproduct 24827.
5 Change idproduct to 247 and idvendor to 1118
6 Look for the <asicPSnsrPwrDnInv> key and change the value to 0
7 Save changes and close file

Make sure to delete macam or other drivers/components too.

Have fun!

I am trying to get my VX3000 to work properly as well. Before i had tried macam. The integrated microphone did not work at all. The camera shows either a pulsing very light green and yellowish picture or a very noisy and the surrounding would have to be very dark otherwise it would show overexposed. So i tried the steps above and had partly success. Now the webcam monitor shows my camera as SN9C105 + OV7660 WebCam and in the Audio settings i have access to the integrated microphone but the Video Settings say "No Video from source". I wonder what to do ? I have changed idproduct to 245 and idvendor to 1118. Besides that every <asicPSnsrPwrDnInv> key to 0. Any idea ?

Great thread by the way. Many thanks to all. :)

P.S.: Here are some screenshots

robrecord

robrecord

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

May i ask which editor shows you the xml file in this table view ? The simple Editor in iATKOS S3 2.0 just opens a txt file.

Property List Editor.

You might need XCode from Apple to get this, so I've attached it below.

(I actually much prefer looking at it in TextMate with coloured syntax & code folding.)

Besides that every <asicPSnsrPwrDnInv> key to 0.

No need to do them all, just the one within the <dict> that defines your camera.
Possible pitfall: If you did do them all & found out yours needed a different productID, it might not work.

Any idea?

Maybe the VX3000 uses a different chipset? I think there was a link earlier on in this thread to a table showing which one uses which - make sure the chipset & the product ID are right for this camera.

P.S.: Here are some screenshots

Couldn't see your screenshots :D
Think you need to click the green upload button. That confused me a few times before :)

Attached Files

dxellas

dxellas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
First of all thanks a lot for your quick help. I'm a bit slow on this platform since it's the first time i have to deal with OS X and my knowledge about Unix based OSs is limited.

Sorry for the screenshots. I have just forgotten them:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://webcam-osx.so...meras/index.php shows what Controller the webcam has built in but i am not aware about the chipset. So i got the hex values and converted them to dec. That's all. But now ?

dxellas

dxellas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Since i have installed PListEdit and found finally my camera in Dictionary 28 i have just changed there the values and at least WebCam Monitor sees both Video and Audio. Not only that the video quality is equal to Windows 7 but the values one can change are far more than with the Microsoft tool. Audio works without problems in Skype. In the Preferences Video section Skype says "No video camera connected". Will check it soon and let you know if it works despite of that.

dxellas

dxellas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Unfortunately Skype doesn't yet see the VX3000 camera, just the integrated mic. Wonder what to do ?

robrecord

robrecord

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

http://webcam-osx.so...meras/index.php shows what Controller the webcam has built in but i am not aware about the chipset.

Sorry, I meant the controller.

Glad you got some of it to work.. afraid I'm not much use beyond this. It's very strange behaviour.

Make sure you reboot to make absolute sure the changes you made have been propogated.

Thanks rob for your explanation. I thought LifeCam vx-6000 is USB2.0. I better double check.

I think what it needs is a UVC camera, rather than just USB 2.0. Not all USB2 cams are UVC.

dxellas

dxellas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Crazy, but now it works. Running now Skype 5 beta (this interface is ugly big and not user friendly at all compared to the 2.x version) i have found out what it caused the camera not to work properly:
My mistake was first to open WebCam Monitor and then Skype so only the Mic of the Cam was seen by Skype. Opening at first Skype and then WebCam Monitor both appear in Skype preferences. I don't know why but a friend of mine running also iATKOS S3v2 with Skype 5 was not able to see me but another friend on Win7 with Skype 5 beeing in a conference talk he saw me. After reboot in Win7 the 1st friend could see me as well normally. So this is the happy end of my story. Thanks again very much to all of you. :)

macphreak4evr

macphreak4evr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I see your version is 10.6.1 im now 10.6.5 how did you get around iusbcam's no support for 10.6x

Finally got my VX-6000 working with Skype, iChat (using iUSBCam) and QuickTime. All you need to do is download "SN9C202 (Phase out)" driver from Sonix , install it and edit /Library/QuickTime/Sonix SN9C201 WebCam.component/Contents/Info.plist . There are some dots but better than nothing. Take a look at the pic.

A little HOWTO.

chameaumangeurdecrapauds

chameaumangeurdecrapauds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I have a VX-5000 and none of the above work. I am under SL 10.6.5.
I don't understand how you get to know which product ID to change. I now the decimal code for my product ID (I translated it from the system information), but how do you know which product ID to replace ?
'cause in the end, I tried to replace all the product ID to mine, same with the vendor ID.
Finally, it is quite confusing, I see that the .component file should then be put in /Library/QuickTime, and another post said it should rather be in the /Users/.../Library/QuickTime

Can someone clarify this ?

Thanks

chameaumangeurdecrapauds

chameaumangeurdecrapauds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Crazy, but now it works. Running now Skype 5 beta (this interface is ugly big and not user friendly at all compared to the 2.x version) i have found out what it caused the camera not to work properly:
My mistake was first to open WebCam Monitor and then Skype so only the Mic of the Cam was seen by Skype. Opening at first Skype and then WebCam Monitor both appear in Skype preferences. I don't know why but a friend of mine running also iATKOS S3v2 with Skype 5 was not able to see me but another friend on Win7 with Skype 5 beeing in a conference talk he saw me. After reboot in Win7 the 1st friend could see me as well normally. So this is the happy end of my story. Thanks again very much to all of you. :(

how did you get to know which product ID to change ? I posted previously this question. I have the VX-5000, I know my product ID in decimal, but I don't where it should go in the very long .plist, which product ID needs to be replaced.
Did you finally put your .component file in the User library ? or the root one ?

Thanks

chameaumangeurdecrapauds

chameaumangeurdecrapauds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Problem solved for VX-5000.
After installing the ##### USB rollback, no extra driver needed. Webcam worked out of the box in SL 10.6.5, video + audio, on Skype + Photo Booth. I didn't try other software.

frantisheq

frantisheq

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
vx-6000 working again under 10.6.5. there is a new driver version 1.03 on sonix website. just put it in /Library/QuickTime and reboot maybe. no iChat, no PhotoBooth
Attached File  Sonix_SN9C201_WebCam.component.zip   1.31MB   176 downloads
Attached File  MSvx6000_osx10.6.5.jpg   392.07KB   123 downloads

iGlasses, QuickTime, VX-6000
Attached File  vx6000_quicktime.jpg   367.81KB   107 downloads

joe916

joe916

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Finally got my VX-6000 working with Skype, iChat (using iUSBCam) and QuickTime. All you need to do is download "SN9C202 (Phase out)" driver from Sonix , install it and edit /Library/QuickTime/Sonix SN9C201 WebCam.component/Contents/Info.plist . There are some dots but better than nothing. Take a look at the pic.

A little HOWTO.

I have a lifecam Show. Any clue how to get it to work. The mic on it works but no video.

bci24sg22

bci24sg22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hello Everyone! :D

I have just installed my VX 6000 WebCam. I installed the latest Sonix driver and modify the info.plist -- > idProduct:244 and idVendor:1118.

Photo Booth doesn`t recognize the camera, but i test it with Skype and it works.

The problem is with the microphone, it`s a noise in the background (when i speak with someone, it doesn`t hear me so good because of the noise) :D .

Is anyone have the same problem?

BTW: I am using SL 10.6.8 and Sonix SN9C201 WebCam Driver OSX 1.03

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy