How to patch AppleHDA.kext from 10.5.2 and above

MadTux

228 posts in this topic

It would be best to know your own exact PinConfigDefault numbers, U can obtain them from Vista Registry Explorer,

Can u be more detailed on this pls...

And btw i'm almost 24/7 on that channel... you can easy find me ;)

Thanks

Any progress on the ALC268 AppleHDA? I currently have Taruga's 1.4.0a23 driver (from ALC268_Installer1.zip, floating around here) with EFI Strings to inject it. Shutdown works, mic and headphones works, sleep kills the sound, and the sound isn't as loud as Windows. My codec dump from Ubuntu is attached. http://www.box.net/shared/ij7n9n7o5s

I made version for Tiger and leo it is in this post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129485

Soon Leopard only will come...

If it hasn't been mentioned before, here's a similar project going on.

Maybe, but not similar, as I may see they are building only one specific kext. Idea of this is do as much support we can. Not only one.

Maybe, but not similar, as I may see they are building only one specific kext. Idea of this is do as much support we can. Not only one.

But it is a great research! And idea of wiki is great, easier to manage, get support... and all that jazz!

Can u be more detailed on this pls...

And btw i'm almost 24/7 on that channel... you can easy find me :wacko:

Thanks

Explained PinConfig in first post.

Thanks MadTux. The sound is working and I think a bit better (lauder Mic). But it seems that shutdown is working in 50%, until now - only after using Cameleon and not PC_EFI. I don't know why :(

I think PC_EFi differently puts EFi audio string and that was the reason of kernel panic, Coz Efi string is for loading AppleHDAController, what loads all other audio kexts, and kernel panic is related to AppleHDAController. I will put on first page suggest to use HDAEneabler or Chameleon if U can confirm that with Chameleon shutdown works?

Speaking to fast... Shutdown works randomly...

Why ? i'm tired..

I'll try to rebuild a clean kext from 10.5.5...

Can't access my own PinConfig because i haven't got Vista anymore... Nobody have HAUD.exe ?

i will try to dissasemble HDA drivers for vista, perhaps Pin is defined into a *.inf

MadTux you speak about the possibility to obtain PinConfig through LINUX DUMP... Nobody know how to do that ???

Cameleon doesn't solve Shutdown problem, i can shutdown with MadTux kext, which is not fully compatible my card (no headphone and no mic before modding layout), but randomly, even with HDAenabler. I was thinking about a pb with PinConfig.

What are the elements that makes HDA don't shutdown ? Just PinConfig ? Or we have to change another things ?

Ho, it seems that my card is ACL861 related... Do i have to change "Sigmatel to realtek" (don't see) in bin ?

Thanks man, we're close to a solution about shutdown... It will be a great.

I think PC_EFi differently puts EFi audio string and that was the reason of kernel panic, Coz Efi string is for loading AppleHDAController, what loads all other audio kexts, and kernel panic is related to AppleHDAController. I will put on first page suggest to use HDAEneabler or Chameleon if U can confirm that with Chameleon shutdown works?

I'm using chameleon+boot 132 and I can confirm shutdown works 100%(test more than 15 times) with HDAEnabler.

Right now I'm on EFI String both Audio and Video shutdown 4 times 100%(2 on AC and 2 on Battery).

By the way I'm using MadTux ALC268 but I modified it a little bit... now Headphone jack works with auto switching.

Thanks!

@MadTux:

I've really tried!!!!!

apparently this is the most difficult card to get working!? Not even Taruga is able to get it going! My pinout amounts do not tally up with yours, wont you PLEASE see if you can sort it then post or PM me, I'd really like to know how

SticMAN

ps also include you paypal account!! :P

New version of the ALC660 kext (non vd), now mic and headphones switching works..

It's a mix of 2 working kexts with some changes (layout...).

Shutdown is always random.... But it seems thaht we have to move volume cursor before shutdown to make it possible...strange, wake card before sleep... :):whistle:

MadTux, could you explain why it's random ???

EDIT: ALWAYS SHUTDOWN WITH HDAENABLER, EXIT STRINGS !

AppleHDAbyWiwib2.kext.zip

Hi, I tried your guide, but somehow I'm stucking at reading out the Nodes! As example, if I follow your guide, I will get this values as example:

HP Front Jack:

Pin Complex: 0x15

Audio Mixer: 0x0C

Audio Output: 0x02

For Lin Out and Speaker it looks nearly the same! Only Pin Complex does change (LineOut 0x14, Speaker 0x1a)

This can't be right?

codec.txt