ATI HD3850/70 EFISTUDIO MOD for TRIAKIS + ATINDRV.KEXT Triakis

mitch_de

32 posts in this topic

Mitch, think this might be a viable solution for the 3650agp? It seems that the 3870 and the 3650 have the same pattern of issues. I have full CI/QE when I use Traikis and Natit.kext, which seems to be the same as the 3870. I should be able to use the Megalodon like the 3870, but (just like you) Natit makes my screen like above.

What would it take to use this string or make an additional string for the 3650 (id 9596).

I dont think such PCIe gfx string perconfigured things will work for AGP cards.

I would really switch sometimes to PCIe cards, if possible.

As it stands right now, my card is considered PCI, even though it is AGP. Trying to use any AGPGart on this thing kills the video. Treating it as a PCI card seems to be working (quite well), but I do have 512MB of ram on this thing and most of these cards are 256. If the 3870 has the same amount (and hopefully speed) of ram, I think it might work. Thing is, I'm wondering about editing the EFI string to include this card's chipset which is an RV635 (same as the PCI) which might be closer to the 2600 series.

Truly, I'm only doing this for a nice media center without having to buy anything extra. In order to put a PCIe card in this, I would need to replace the CPU, Mainboard, Memory, and Video Card. For what I'm using it for, not worth it. Right now, everything is working on this system (have no idea how). However, if I can update everything and maybe help it out with the movies, I'm least going to try. Plus, I learn by doing and the Mac is the only area of OSes that I have not used enough of. So, with this in mind.

It is still strange that Traikis works for these (yours and mine) but Megalodon is giving troubles. I really wonder what the difference is. Crappy thing I realized is that my system doesn't boot to prompt to test the drivers. is there a way to set my computer to boot to prompt before so I don't have to reinstall this thing when the video breaks?

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i was suffering a "garbled screen" with my sapphire HD3870 ultimate (fanless).

every driver i tried failed me, even ones modified by lastexile on irc.

(btw. no need to be rude to this guy, his drivers helped a lot of people)

my solution was: buying a new motherboard! i switched from nforce to amd and alas,

gfx is working for the first time (not counting my old gforce)! so our solution came too late for me B)

but your solution / explanation makes sense, with different pcx slots / gddr3/4 ram etc.

as i´m having no qe/ci right now with this install of ipc 10.5.6 i might try your solution B)

zuz

hello mitch,

update!

after installing the Triakis_2400_2600_3800.pkg from #RadeonHD channel on irc EVEYTHING WORKED!! i had resolution change, qe/ci etc. next i tried installing the white menu fix, and ...back to square one :)

upon bootup i got blue screen.

now, i am able to boot using -x and it takes me to desktop.

any way around this? I installed the ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle via Kexthelper, any way to get the 'old one back'? im sooo close, help please

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...