HDAPatcher temporary links

Hagar

65 posts in this topic

do i need a kext with the patcher or do i pick the kext when i use the patcher? i dont have my hackintosh with me right now.

btw here is the link to some of the kexts taruga uses http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/

Only the dump is needed with the patcher, the job of the patcher combined with the dump is to modify a kext you already have into working, AppleHDA.kext

ok so does any1 have the alc 862 dump? i have looked everywhere. really wish tarugas wiki was working. did he just stop doing this stuff?

this is a nub question but wats the difference between a dump and a kext? i know a kext is a kernel extension but dont really know what that is beside a text file thats a driver and im just all kinds of confused on what im doing right now.

this is a nub question but wats the difference between a dump and a kext? i know a kext is a kernel extension but dont really know what that is beside a text file thats a driver and im just all kinds of confused on what im doing right now.

a dump is actually just the text file from Linux where the sound already works, it outputs the sound configuration info into a readable text format and the HDA patcher inputs all that information from the text file and configures the AppleHDA.kext accordingly.

a kernel extension (kext) is a loadable module for the kernel (exactly the same thing as linux kernel modules) that are composed of an Info.plist (information about the kext, it's dependencies), the binary (the actual module being loaded into the kernel), a resources folder (for things like translation strings), PlugIns folder (for extra kexts, kernel extensions within kernel extensions), and sometimes a Version.plist as well.

Hello,

I'm on a Dell Dimension 9200, I installed Kaliway 10.5.2, almost everything is working:

* 8600GTS OK -> 1680x1050 with 3D (Enemy Territory is working!)

* Linksys WUSB54G OK (I didn't try to get my internal ethernet slot working)

but I don't have sound: it's a STAC9227 chipset.

I used Patcher v1.20 with home made dump for STAC9227 (I'm running ubuntu with multiboot).

After the reboot, one output (Intel HD ...) is detected but still no sound.

I read somewhere on the web that someone made it work with patcher v1.15.

Can someone put the link to this version or explain me what I missed with patcher 1.20?

2nd question: after I dragged dump.txt on Patcher icon, Patcher is launching et detects some outputs,... and says me I can reboot. Do I have to repair files authorisations before the reboot?

ok when i install kalyway 10.5.2 i get sound and volume control but none of the outputs work. i tried creating a dump in linux and the dump didnt work. its says alc 861-vd in linux but its alc862 in vista. also here is the dump that linux gives me:

Codec: Generic 11c1 Si3054
Address: 0
Vendor Id: 0x11c11040
Subsystem Id: 0x11790001
Revision Id: 0x100200

and i dont think that is right but if it is what can i do with that? can i modify the exsisting appleHDA file to put these numbers in?

Anybody with:

Codec: SigmaTel STAC9227

Address: 2

Vendor Id: 0x83847618

Subsystem Id: 0x80862113

Revision Id: 0x100201

???

Can't make it work with my Kaliway 10.5.2...

I have "HD Audio Output" in output sound settings but no sound... I tried Patcher v1.15, v1.16 and v1.20...

I'm downloading iDeneb 10.5.5, will see if it change something... It was my first OSX installation, I may miss something...

I installed iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 but my realtek HD not detecting i tried all realtek drivers available with the installer .

My Audio is Realtek ALC883, any way to correct this.....Only thing i miss is sound, In Kalyway 10.5.1 it was proper all had worked.

Golgoth, try this one, made with AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16 use it with Kabyl/Taruga's HDAEnabler

AppleHDA.kext.zipHDAEnabler.kext.zip

Anybody with:

Codec: SigmaTel STAC9227

Address: 2

Vendor Id: 0x83847618

Subsystem Id: 0x80862113

Revision Id: 0x100201

???

Can't make it work with my Kaliway 10.5.2...

I have "HD Audio Output" in output sound settings but no sound... I tried Patcher v1.15, v1.16 and v1.20...

I'm downloading iDeneb 10.5.5, will see if it change something... It was my first OSX installation, I may miss something...

ok so when I install kaly 10.5.2 I have sound out with on board speakers with azalia but no phones or input. I had alc 862 in vista and alc 861-be in ubuntu. When I make a Linux dump I get like 5 lines of code. On a toshiba a135 lappy. Any1 got any ideas. Tried every dump I could find

I installed iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 but my realtek HD not detecting i tried all realtek drivers available with the installer .

My Audio is Realtek ALC883, any way to correct this.....Only thing i miss is sound, In Kalyway 10.5.1 it was proper all had worked.

Same problem, my ALC883 with AZALIA gives me only output, all other drivers gives nothing, tried applehda pather 1.17, 1.19, 1.20 first with ALCinject then with HDAenabler, with various dump, just nothing worked, no input and no output device, I've read somewhere that ALC883 is broken in 10.5.5, any idea what to do?

And when taruga site and wiki would be up? They seems totaly dead