Direct X for MacOSX

delux_www

61 posts in this topic

openGL works.... yeah it works. And nothing more

Most games under OS X for me give poor performance and long loading time.
Like everybody else suggested, dual boot your installation with Windows and you should be good to go :)

Unigine Heaven 4.0 native for OSX gives me 8.6fps (OK, this is slow computer!). Setting is OpenGL. 

Unigine Heaven 4.0 native for Windows run under Wineskin in the same OSX gives me 7.7fps. Setting is DirectX9.

Not so slowly, isn't it?

I don't want  to keep 100Gb for windows for some games, I just keep these games converted to OSX and never reboot to Windows.

Unigine Heaven 4.0 native for OSX gives me 8.6fps (OK, this is slow computer!). Setting is OpenGL. 

Unigine Heaven 4.0 native for Windows run under Wineskin in the same OSX gives me 7.7fps. Setting is DirectX9.

Not so slowly, isn't it?

I don't want  to keep 100Gb for windows for some games, I just keep these games converted to OSX and never reboot to Windows.

Most games that I run at 40 or more fps in windows run at just 30 or even less FPS in OS X.

I'll keep Windows installed for now 

Most games that I run at 40 or more fps in windows run at just 30 or even less FPS in OS X.

I'll keep Windows installed for now 

Probably you are using not fast wine engines. Unofficial one will be much better.

Get playonmac and use that, or try reactOS. But don't say I didn't warn you reactOS is in EARLY BETA.

• 1 month later...

I believe it depends on the kind of games you want to play on your Mac, in addition which resolution and quality settings you would like to have.

In order to get the maximum performance out of my old Mac there is no other way than using Bootcamp.

Currently I’m into “The Witcher 3” which I play on a UHD display with at least “high” quality settings – I don’t believe that this would work e.g. with “Wine” as good (and fast) as it does with Bootcamp.

@Slice

When you made your test with Unigine Heaven 4.0 - which quality settings did you use?

Preset "Extreme"..?

I believe it depends on the kind of games you want to play on your Mac, in addition which resolution and quality settings you would like to have.

In order to get the maximum performance out of my old Mac there is no other way than using Bootcamp.

Currently I’m into “The Witcher 3” which I play on a UHD display with at least “high” quality settings – I don’t believe that this would work e.g. with “Wine” as good (and fast) as it does with Bootcamp.

@Slice

When you made your test with Unigine Heaven 4.0 - which quality settings did you use?

Preset "Extreme"..?

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 7.39.45.png

I couldn't exactly reproduce the settings you were using - how on earth did you set "Mode:1920x1067" instead of 1080 for example ;O)..?

Also Direct3D9 isn't working properly on my Windows 10 system and I'm playing all my Games using Direct3D11 of course (hopefully with DirectX12 in the near future).

I used an old Mac (Mid 2010) and a NVIDIA GTX graphics card, I currently only have a Windows 10 Pro boot volume installed but this can be changed within a few seconds of course should I decide to use OS X again.

jrgz6gqo.jpg