Full Time Hackintosh Users, Speak Out!

zeamp

32 posts in this topic

• 5 months later...

Hey you guys,

Im a hackintosh convert for about 2 years now,

started with 10.4.7 on a P4 HT Shuttle SB86i. moved to 10.5.1, 10.5.2, .3, .5 and finally on 6.

ditched the shuttle and built a more compatible coe2duo rig.

I am a graphic design student and EVERYTHING in college is a mac.

my main rig is a mac and I do mission-critical work on it.

and do awesome projects on it !!

never been more happier.

I use my Hac desktop for everything at home, and use MacBook everywhere else, e.g college. Hac is rock solid and is used for everything. I actually haven't run Windows on any of my own computers for 2 years. Been Linux and then Mac OS X.

I use my Hac desktop for everything at home, and use MacBook everywhere else, e.g college. Hac is rock solid and is used for everything. I actually haven't run Windows on any of my own computers for 2 years. Been Linux and then Mac OS X.

Same here but I only have one PC, ditched Windows one year ago and totally immersed in OS X :D

My hackintosh is my main and only computer I use it for music production, video editing, image post processing, music listening, movie watching, internet browsing and homework writing!

Everything works fine but ONE thing and it's crazy annoying:

The clock keep desyncing and I have to resync it every now and then (pretty much every time I want to make sure I got the right time.. I lose about 1 minute every 20 minutes.

Everything else is perfect.

The clock keep desyncing and I have to resync it every now and then (pretty much every time I want to make sure I got the right time.. I lose about 1 minute every 20 minutes.

You might want to replace the battery on your motherboard.

@Topic: I'm been using OS X full-time for the last couple of weeks. I just quite recently upgraded my computer and on my old PC it didn't just work quite right (no QE for example). With my new machine it works REALLY good and the upgrade was much cheaper than buying an iMac, which by the way doesn't really look that good imho.

After fine-tuning it the system is rock solid.

I don't like dual booting as I'd rather have ONE system for everything and OS X is just that. Most games are {censored} anyway and I don't need that childish stuff anymore. Once in a while some mini-games is enough.