Anyone succeeded with 7300LE in 10.5.3?

Chul.K

4 posts in this topic

I own GeForce 7300LE (64 MB RAM, 256 MB shared), which worked perfectly under Kalyway 10.5.1.

Also, its QE and CI were both working.

I just upgraded to 10.5.3 using Kalyway's 10.5.3 Combo Update.

Since then, it seems that my 7300LE's QE and CI do not work anymore. (Core Image is "Software", and Quartz Extreme is "Not Supported".)

I upgraded to 10.5.4 using Apple Software Update, but nothing has changed. (10.5.4 is just a minor upgrade.)

I tried many things. I tried NVinject 1.5 and 2.0, and even modified the GeForce.kext, NVDANV40Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext files using nano on Terminal.

Does anyone know how to have QE and CI working with 7300LE (VRAM 64MB) under 10.5.3 or 10.5.4?

dude ur posting in the wrong area unless u hav a REAL macintosh, not a hackintosh lol :)

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem! I've added my device ID to both geforce.kext as well as NVDANV40.kext, deleted the cache, fixed permissions etc and no luck. I'm getting proper resolution, just no quartz extreme and core image is software accelerated. Any one out there fix this on their own rig?

EDIT: So I added my device ID to NVDAResman.kext, rebooted (after all the appropriate steps of course) and now core image is hardware accelerated and quartz extreme is supported but I have one little (read: huge) issue; all of my pop-up menus including anytime I right-click, anything that drops down from the menu bar, and any dialog box shows up as a clear box with a drop shadow, or just a black box. I'd upload an image of the issue, but the upload dialog is clear and therefore I can't select the proper image to upload! AGH Help.

EDIT 2: Ok I got on my other machine so I could upload the pics... anyone ever seen this before?

post-10281-1217812410_thumb.png

post-10281-1217812420_thumb.png

Edited by jakedman

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in making work a Geforce 7300 LE with 10.5.4, follow the next link to download the extensions necessary.

Instructions:

1- Download the extensions here

2- Unzip it and place the extensions in /System/Library/Extensions

3- In Terminal run the following commands:

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

4- Reboot (it might take some time to load, be patient even if the screen goes black)

5- Cross your fingers

If this doesn't work, start with -s parameter and run the following command

cd /System/Library/Extensions/

rm -R GeForce* NV* Natit.kext

reboot