I have Radeon Mobility 9000IGP (devID=58351002) with shared memory which is the main problem.
Chipset is RS300 (devID=58311002) integrated into the Radeon.
I have sources of some drivers and can read binaries of any others.
I also have many observations and I want to collect its in one place.
AGPGart.kext. My own sources so I can change any what I want. Probably it works. Only with one settings I can enter GUI.
ATIRadeon8500.kext. Write DevID into info.plist. Patch internal DevID to work as 4c66 - approximatly the same card. Patch initialization for DISPLAY_ADDRESS because of shared memory. After the patch I can enter GUI with hardware OpenGL.
ATIRadeon8500GA.plugin. I have no sources and don't know it's protocol. How it works?
ATIRadeon8500GLdriver.bundle. It is a library for hardware OpenGL. Same problem - no any information about it.
ATILead.kext. In the driver I can launch any framebuffer and tune Radeon registers. Problem N1 is register F8. What I found. It is SCRATCH register used by BIOS to report to Radeon driver the size of video memory. OpenGL Extension Viewer read the value as OpenGL memory but System profiler shows other value. The register is used also in ATIRadeon8500.kext in procedure set_display_mode_and_vram. BUT. I can enter GUI only when I set F8=3Mb.
The same for users of Radeon 200M
IONDRVSupport and IOGraphicsFamily. I have working sources and can influence on its. But I still not find a link to GA.plugin.
How they works?
0. With default system drivers I have fuzzy screen.
1. Without AGPGart I can enter GUI. All is fast except SCROLL. Any attempt to scroll a text in window lead to system hangs at all.
2. With AGPGart all is slo-o-ow. About 10 seconds on any graphics event. But SCROLL works!
3. With GA.plugin but without GL.bundle I can boot with any AGP settings and always slo-o-ow.
4. Without GA.plugin but with GL.bundle I can boot and all is fast but all OpenGL programs always crashes with log
Thread 0 Crashed: 0 ...apple.ATIRadeon8500GLDriver 0x0140c284 gldChoosePixelFormat + 1974 1 GLEngine 0x00606728 gliChoosePixelFormat + 78 2 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x904093ef _CGXGLDisplayContextForDisplayDevice + 983So
GA.plugin always delays my system in AGP mode and crash SCROLL in PCI mode.
GL.bundle always crashes at one place.
Other users observations.
1. Toadspit with the same chipset but with nVidia graphic card has GL crashes in AGP mode but no problem in PCI. AGP problem?!
2. Radeon200M users (PCIE graphics) can enter GUI with QE supported only with F8=3Mb as mine. And also have 10 seconds delays!!! So it is not AGP problem?!
3. Users of 4c66 that is the same Radeon but with dedicated memory and with Intel chipset report me fuzzy screen with any of my drivers. No good testings.
Other observation of problematic Radeons?
Now I know that GL and GA works independent.
I rename 9700GL to 8500GL and try it.
Now OpenGL applications is no more crashes and I see spinning things in OpenGL test in XBench!!!